There is any character you hate in Mitm?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is any character you hate in Mitm?

Nobody knows the name of the city where I live; it is in California but it isnt L.A.

Default There is any character you hate in Mitm?

Its funny; Malcolm in the Middle is filled with horrible people (Granma Ida, Lavernia, for start), but I dont hate any of them!!
    In other shows there are characters I canĀ“t stand, but I canĀ“t remember any in Malcolm.

Default Re: There is any character you hate in Mitm?

Grandma Ida...can't stand her.

Or Lavernia. I hate that woman. But, I hate the entire Alaska storyline.

You ask an inocent question here, but expect some rather controversial replies

Personally I haven't found a character that I hate particulary, I enjoy the annoying ones as much as those that are aren't annoying.

If I had to choose, I would say Dewey's little friend on Hot Tub who then abondoned him, he was very annoying.

I do't really hate anyone, but rather disliked Justin and Circus, Francis's season 1-2 frends, it's just that...it's hard to explain, it's more that grow up with a very strict grandfather which was in the Navy, WW2. He a real rule person, so thats the way I am. And by the way, he fought in the pacific.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

I don't really like the "miserable" humor. Why are we supposed to laugh at bad things that are happening to likeable people?

I donĀ“t really hate anyone, but if i had to answer that question I would say Nicki. I donĀ“t know why, probably because sheĀ“s pretty bitchy and self-centered (in my opinion)

@Hendrix:

Interesting point, I never thought about that. I actually donĀ“t like the show because bad things happen to likeable people but because itĀ“s fun and I can relate to the characters. I think one of the things that make the characters so likeable IS that they arenĀ“t that perfect and that bad things happen to them. I think as long as not really bad things happen to them (e.g I donĀ“t think that people found "Reese joins the army" very funny) itĀ“s not that bad. I have to admit I found it funny when Malcolm wiped off his tears with a leaf from a poison oak. (Maybe IĀ“m just mean).

In response to the original Q:
    No, I don't really hate anyone. I find Craig annoying, but I don't hate him. I liked the characters of Lavernia and Ida. This is a welcom contrast. In most other shows, there is at least one person I absolutely despise eg. everyone in Everybody Loves Raymond, Heather Locklear (don't remember her character's name):Sick: in Scrubs, etc.

In response to Hendix's comment:
    What other kind of humor is there?

Good things happening to good people is naieve and just not funny.

Bad things happening to bad people isn't funny b/c there is a high risk of it being taken as a statement or a seriose cause.

Good things happening to bad people is used in MitM and other shows as a side story. But it too gets boring after a while as the humor lies in the concept rather than in the "good things". And, believe it or not, whenever (alright, usually when) something good happens to someone, something bad happens to someone else.

Besides, you musn't split things into the absolutes of good and bad. The characters, as allison pointed out, are flawed. Think of all the horrible things they have done to others. The plots usually revolve around strange, not bad, things happening to the characters as a response to the strange things they do.
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

I found Jessica (Stereo Store and Pearl Harbor) somewhat annoying. I wouldn't say I hated the character though. Hatred is quite a strong term - I don't think I could apply it to any part of MITM.

Okay, let me rephrase that. Why are we supposed to laugh at bad people doing bad things to good people?!?!? It just puzzles me.

I mean, the four Alaskan boys obsessing over a string. That was funny.

Francis being yelled at by Lavernia with her horrible little screechy voice. Not funny.

Thumbs up Re: There is any character you hate in Mitm?

I don't Hate anyone but i do find Malcom very annoying some times.