How did you get hooked on "MitM"?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
And it wouldn't seem right typing "laughing out loud" after you say something meant to be funny ;D
Anyways, we better get this back on topic ;)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
LOL is great because it's sort of become a word all by itself in today's online society. ;D Emoticons like that one work really well too. And there's a difference between txt speek and people that are truly inexperienced in English. :D Welcome back, Alex, by the way! It's good to see you again!

AlexTheMartian

Well i started from the start, the Pilot, and i love how it is so like a typical california family (although the setting was never revealed), the school the macolm and reese went to was (and one of the only tv shows to feature this) a typical california-stye campus, one with outdoor courtyard, seperated single-story buildings layout, and no halls.

malcolm and reese were also my age so i can relate a lot to the show. and it came on right at the same block of shows of all the other FOX shows i watch on Sundays, so it was perfect.

Ryebeach

It's great to read how everyone got hooked on MITM. Thanks for sharing your experiences, everyone. :)

For me, the very first episode of MITM I saw was the season 1 finale, "Waterpark," when it originally aired. I'd heard and read about the series prior to that but one reason or another, never got around to watching it.

I was hooked almost from the first scene of the episode. The writing and acting were so much better than most sitcoms I'd been seeing at the time and it was refreshing to see a series with no laugh track and not the traditional three camera one stage show. This show was out and about, especially in this episode which found the family at the water park. I knew little of the cast. I'd seen Jane here and there over the years in small roles and I know Justin from "Unhappily Ever After," which I watched on occasion but the way the cast interacted and played off each other made it seem as though they were a real family. I knew this show was a rarity and I knew at that time it would go far. :)

AlexTheMartian

Well even we saw it's sudden end in season 7, MITM was on for more seasons then many sitcoms make it to on TV, and i appreciate that fact.

It's funny, I actually was sort of a fan of "Unhappily Ever After" when it was on, and yet it wasn't until sometime in season 2 of MITM that I realized that Ross and Reese was the same actor, lol! That is even after seeing the entire first season! Man am I slow! :D

patrick4488

good question, but to be honest with you I can't really remember it. I watch MITM since I was 10 years old or so :)
It runs permanently on orf1, currently we have the 13th rerun without a break ;D, but unfortunately this may change now, because orf1 got a new boss... we'll see.

Murph

First airing of Season 4 on Sky One, in August 2003. It was a Sunday, and the last day of the summer holidays. I was depressed (not literally). Getting rid for school the next day, I had to get a shower early, so couldn't go back outside to play soccer. So I was just bored, and came across MITM. Reese's goat storyline had me hooked for that episode. Then I loved the next one...and the next one...and Sky One would show a new episode, then an episode from Season 2, so quickly enough I was making up for lost ground. True story.

punkygrl5

By the way, sorry if i start talking in 'text language'.
What i loved about mitm was that i could relate to malcolm (i'm the smartest in my entire family!), Reese and Dewey just made me laugh, Francis was the one that kept you watching - to stop you getting bored of the main storyline and Hal and Lois are Hal and Lois. ;D ;D
Better go, South Park is on!

-I was soo tempted to write in text. :eek:

Aelle

I saw the show when it first came out. But I didn't actually become a fan until season six came out.