How did you get hooked on "MitM"?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you get hooked on "MitM"?

Default How did you get hooked on "MitM"?

For me, it was a marathon of 4 eppies from the past4 seasons (it was season 5 then). Afterwards I got hooked and armed with a VCR and DVD recorder. What about you guys?

Default Re: How did you get hooked on "MitM"?

Ahh...the good ol' VC! It's great to talk to you guys again! Hopefully, we can rebuild from the ashes of the old VC.

Anywho, you guys(meaning Sam, Christina, and Mike) probably know how I got hooked on MITM...but Ill share the story again!
    It was summer last year(2005) and I was at my mom's house, very bored. There was nothing on tv(actually there was, but it was all crap, except for one show...), and I just flipped around the channels looking for something. Lo and behold, I ran across MITM on FOX. My initial impression was it was a stupid kids show(I kick myself now for thinking that), but since it was the only thing on, I decided to watch it. Well, I watched it and....I thought it was hilarious! And that was it...the rest is history! Luckily, I was there for the final season(7th) but I still wish I had become a fan earlier. But anyways, thanks to reruns, Ive seen just about the entire show by now!

It is good to talk about the show again, even if we kind of have to start with conversations we've already had. ;D The first ep I watched was Waterpark; I had heard good things about the show since that January but didn't actually watch it till Waterpark aired. Loved it! It said "To be continued" but I didn't understand at the time that it was the finale for S1 and the next week they showed Francis Escapes, which I didn't like nearly as much as Waterpark, almost stopped watching the show, and didn't understand how it continued from Waterpark. When Traffic Jam finally aired, I didn't actually realize it was the "long lost" continuation ep until...well, I don't think until I found it on the VC guide!

Lol, I hate when they do that(ending a season with the first part to a two parter). If you are a new viewer, you don't know what's goin on!
    Anyways, I know Christina aint here, but does anyone remember her story?

I believe she found it one day flipping through channels on a vacation and then she got home and could never find it again, but managed to stumble on it a few years later.

Seems that's how most people find MITM(like me). I didn't pay too much attention to it back when it debut in 2000(even though it was a big show back at that time). And to be honest, I forgot it was even on tv until that fateful summer last year, when I found the reruns and became a fan.

You know, not many people watch MitM, and that's a shame. It broke ground on a few eppies and won awards (although, Kaczmarek and lead actress - not gonna happen :'( ). I hope that when Malcolm comes to FX next year, it gets the recognition it deserves.

HOPEFULLY it'll get the recognition it deserves.

Marathons, the extended pilot premiere, WIDESCREEN (something that might not happen :P)... Who knows?

Knowing our luck, none of the above will happen.
    I only hope FX treats MITM a bit better than FOX itself.