How did you get hooked on "MitM"?

reese35

For me, it was a marathon of 4 eppies from the past4 seasons (it was season 5 then). Afterwards I got hooked and armed with a VCR and DVD recorder. What about you guys?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Ahh...the good ol' VC! It's great to talk to you guys again! Hopefully, we can rebuild from the ashes of the old VC. :)

Anywho, you guys(meaning Sam, Christina, and Mike) probably know how I got hooked on MITM...but Ill share the story again! :D
It was summer last year(2005) and I was at my mom's house, very bored. There was nothing on tv(actually there was, but it was all crap, except for one show...), and I just flipped around the channels looking for something. Lo and behold, I ran across MITM on FOX. My initial impression was it was a stupid kids show(I kick myself now for thinking that), but since it was the only thing on, I decided to watch it. Well, I watched it and....I thought it was hilarious! :D And that was it...the rest is history! Luckily, I was there for the final season(7th) but I still wish I had become a fan earlier. But anyways, thanks to reruns, Ive seen just about the entire show by now!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It is good to talk about the show again, even if we kind of have to start with conversations we've already had. ;D The first ep I watched was Waterpark; I had heard good things about the show since that January but didn't actually watch it till Waterpark aired. Loved it! It said "To be continued" but I didn't understand at the time that it was the finale for S1 and the next week they showed Francis Escapes, which I didn't like nearly as much as Waterpark, almost stopped watching the show, and didn't understand how it continued from Waterpark. When Traffic Jam finally aired, I didn't actually realize it was the "long lost" continuation ep until...well, I don't think until I found it on the VC guide!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol, I hate when they do that(ending a season with the first part to a two parter). If you are a new viewer, you don't know what's goin on!
Anyways, I know Christina aint here, but does anyone remember her story?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I believe she found it one day flipping through channels on a vacation and then she got home and could never find it again, but managed to stumble on it a few years later.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Seems that's how most people find MITM(like me). I didn't pay too much attention to it back when it debut in 2000(even though it was a big show back at that time). And to be honest, I forgot it was even on tv until that fateful summer last year, when I found the reruns and became a fan. :)

reese35

You know, not many people watch MitM, and that's a shame. It broke ground on a few eppies and won awards (although, Kaczmarek and lead actress - not gonna happen :'( ). I hope that when Malcolm comes to FX next year, it gets the recognition it deserves.

The first time i ever saw mitm must have been ages ago. I guess i was like 10- I was bored so i decided to watch it as it was the only thing on on TV (this was skyone by the way). I kinda got addicted, kept watching it when it was on and today i still do the same- well i watch repeats!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Hey Malcolmreesedewey! Welcolme back to the new VC! :) Hope we can get more of our old members soon!
And whoever changed my thing to "Hal-fanatic"....I like it. ;) ;D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Welcome to the New Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community, punkgrl. We hope you enjoy your time and invite you to share your opinions about this fantastic TV show. We do ask that you please use proper spelling and grammar, however, to aid our many international visitors, for whom English may not be a primary language. Thanks for your cooperation and enjoy the MITMVC.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Not trying to start an arguement, Sam, but if someone came here who didn't have English as their primary language, how is speaking "proper" English gonna help them? ;D lol, just asking, Im not trying to start anythng. ;)

AlexTheMartian

tony_montana said:
Not trying to start an arguement, Sam, but if someone came here who didn't have English as their primary language, how is speaking "proper" English gonna help them? ;D lol, just asking, Im not trying to start anythng. ;)

I think it is so international users are able to use online translators to translate the text directly? because if they use "txt speak" it would not work, lol (I do believe we have the exception of using "lol" though, because if not, I would not be able to hold me "lol"s back, and would probably end up saying bye to you guys :-\ lol :D)