Goodbye, Steve Irwin

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
This is probably the most depressing thread Ive made here, but I must make it.
Steve Irwin, who most of us know as the Crocodile hunter, was killed earlier in Austrailia in a diving accident. From what I read, he was filming a new underwater documentry when he was struck by a stingray barb. The barb went through his chest, causing uncontrolable bleeding which claimed his life.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, Terri, and his two young kids. Our consolation is that Steve's soul now soundly rests with our Lord Jesus Christ.
God bless you, Steve.

Ryebeach

I just heard this news a few minutes ago. So sad...

My condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Yeah, we were shocked too when my sister saw the article on the Internet earlier. Australia Zoo won't be the same without him.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I just saw it on the ticker at the bottom of the screen this morning and I thought I had misread it, but then the full story came on. It's amazing that guy died--he was so bold and has never been close to death! Amazing guy, I watched him all the time as a kid. Australia Zoo won't be the same, but he definitely left his legacy on the world.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I am like you, Sam. When I read the news way earlier this morning, my heart seemed to stop for a second, and I had to read the line "Steve Irwin dead" about three times. I honestly couldn't believe it, and it still seems a little surreal right now.
He will surely be missed.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
This is so sad. :( I just read the news and like Sam, I thought I had misread when I first saw it. I used to watch his show all the time. It's amazing that he's handled so many deadly cratures, far worse than a stingray, and never once was seriously injured. It's a just a freak accident. He will be greatly missed and our prayers go out to his family.

Murph

Ah, but the thing is though, people critcize for handling crocodiles and snakes the wrong way, but it never killed him. He lived life to the absolute feel, and I completely admire him for it. God bless him.

*Just to say, I'm glad it was a thread about such a great man that I posted my 100th post*

Mini31

I used to watch his programme all the time. I enjoyed wathcing him anh i admired him alot, i was really upset when he died I felt that i had lost someone close to my heart, i'd never met him or seen him in person but i felt like i'd lost a close friend.
I thought he would have died by like wrestling a crocodile or something but a stingray doesn't seem real.
I 'll miss you steve!
Mini31
xxxxxxxx
Steve-holding-croc.jpg

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Well, I always thought that something like this would happen one time. I mean even if you have worked with wild animals for almost your entire life, they are still dangerous. One of these two magicians, Siegfried or Roy, was nearly killed by one of his tigers, too.

I watched Steve Irwin's show three or four times, but stopped after he took his little child with him into the crocodile enclosure. I found this very inappropriate.