Worst Episode of MITM

rzombie1988

I know this one will be hard because there are so many great MITM episodes, but what do you think is the worst episode of MITM? It doesn't even have to be that bad of an episode, but maybe one you just didn't like.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I don't think I can answer that question because teh worst MITM episode is still better than anything else on TV.

PBUNDY

I agree with what yardgames said, but personally I never really cared for any episode that Lois wasn't in.

Murph

The one were Dwey gets put in with the Buseys. Never cared for any of them, and never liked Dewey. A bad match for me.

I think the worst episode was Houseboat -- but even that was still hilarious. It just goes to show how good the show is compared to most everything else.

Nico21

I agree with Yardgames too.

All the episodes of MITM are better than most of others TV shows which are aired now !
(When I switch on my TV, I have a feeling that they air the same thing everyday: TV-reality shows and soap series... fortunately there are still some good movies sometimes !)

I definitely can't select the "worst episode", there is none for me !

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I don't have a "worst episode" of MITM either, although there were a few episodes I found boring, particularly in Seasons 3 - 5.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Really, the only episode I didn't like and I think was the worst was "Day Care". Note, if you want to know why I really don't like it, sift through the archives and find my thread that I believe is named "My problem with Day Care". Another episode that I didn't particularly care for was "Christmas Trees". It's not that it's a bad episode, but...for some odd reason, I just don't like it.
And WHY is "Houseboat" rated so low and thought so poorly of? What was so bad about it? I honestly thought it was very funny.
Oh, on the note of bad episodes, which episode is currently rated as the worst(our top 25/bottom 25 thing isn't working right now, so I can't check)?

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Regarding my earlier post, I did not mean that MITM got worse in those seasons, because I don't think it did at all. Nor do I dislike those seasons as a whole. All I was saying was that there were a few episodes which I found boring, but that's just one opinion out of however many viewers the show had over the 7 seasons.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
@Tony--I don't think TJ has moved the top and bottom 25 lists to the new site. I'm not sure if he plans on doing that, or not.

Like yardgames said, even the worst episode is still good tv. It's a tough decision, but if I had to choose I'd probably say Krelboyne Girl. I never cared for Cynthia because I found her really annoying. :D That episode has it's moments, but overall it seems to drag for me.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I hate Cynthia too, Mr Herkabe also got on my nerves and Jessica annoyed me, but those characters all made good TV, like when Cynthia smashes Reese in the face in "Cynthia's Back", when the Krelboynes all strip off and roll in the mud saying "I'M STUPID! I'M ZERO!" in "Emancipation", most recently when Reese throwing balls at Mr Herkabe in "Malcolm Defends Reese" and Jessica's manipulation in all the episodes she was in.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think if I were chained up and the condition for my release were if I told my least favorite MITM episode, it would have to be Bully. Bully is the only episode where I feel like the show is designed for little kids exclusively rather than for teens and adults, and as such every time I watch it it kind of drags on for me. Nonetheless, it's still an entertaining episode.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I love Stilts! That is one of my top ten episodes! I thought it was brilliant how all of the storylines ultimately ended in the Lucky Aide; what didn't you like about it?

Gouki

I love Stilts! That is one of my top ten episodes! I thought it was brilliant how all of the storylines ultimately ended in the Lucky Aide; what didn't you like about it?

I don't know. It's just... the whole episode seems off to me. The plot was mostly uninteresting, the direction standard, and the whole thing just seemed completely over the top, and not in the usual Malcolm in the Middle way. Just in a bad way.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Malcolm's always over the top! The direction was un-outstanding, I suppose, but you can't have a Bowling or Blackout-style episode all the time. Certainly, the liklihood of it happening is low, but I still think the basic premise was ingenius--Reese with drugs and Hal having phone sex cracks me up every time!