How did you become hooked on MITM? - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you become hooked on MITM?

Default Re: How did you become hooked on MITM?

You didn't become hooked on the show until you saw the last episode!? Wow, a bit overdue.

'Twas the night before the start of school 2003, I was depressed, just had a shower so couldn't go out to play, and there was nothing else on...apart from the Season 4 premier of MITM on Sky One.
    Reese's goat storyline won me over, but I disliked Dewey right from the start. His voice annoyed me, and, the more I watched, the more his personality did, too.

I watched it basically every week from then on.
    GWF! GWF! GWF!

@Sam-The very first episode of MITM I ever saw was "Malcolm holds his tounge". Hal's storyline alone almost killed me by laughter! For those of you who have forgotten, that's the episode where Hal takes up speed walking.
    @Murph-Come on, man, how can you not like Dewey?
    Ok, I agree he was annoying during the first couple of seasons, but by season 5, I thought Dewey was awesome.

Funnily enough, I thought the episode. He was SUPPOSED to be an annoying little bugger in the first few seasons, which I didn't mind too much, but by Season 5, he was always moaning and gurning and boring me. Like the episode where "he deserves a snow day". It just felt like he had NOTHING else to complain about, so HAD to complain about something, and thought "hey, what could I complain about today? I know-since everything else is going my way, I'll complain about the weather!"

Sorry if I sound too...serious, but he REALLY got on my nerves in that episode!
    GWF! GWF! GWF!

I started watching 1/2 way through Red Dress when it first aired in 2000. My brother was watching it in his room across the hall from mine, and I eventually went in to check it out, and I've been watching it since. Home Alone 4 was the first full episode I saw. I didn't actually see the Pilot until the end of 2002, but I'd been reading episode guides from several different websites since I first started watching the show, so I was able to find out what happened from those.

I remember way back in 2000 one of the guys in my class talking about MITM, saying how good it was so the next saturday I watched it. Being only eight at the time (doesn't time fly) I guess I didn't really appreciate the humour, and I remember thinking how wierd it was that a funny looking kid (sorry Frankie) kept talking to the camera all the time.

I didn't watch it again till late in season 4, and though I enjoyed some of the episodes, it still wasn't a must-see programme. I didn't see any of season 5 and only around half of season 6. It wasn't till season 7 that I really started watching it regularly, and that fitted in well with the start of repeats on weekdays around half-way through the season.

So yeah, I'm another 'late starter', though at the same time I've been there from the start.

Interesting stories, indeed. I never realized MITM was still attracting so many new viewers so late in its run--that's a great thing!

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    You didn't become hooked on the show until you saw the last episode!? Wow, a bit overdue.
    Yeh, well it was because it was the final episode of the whole show it got me wanting to see them all when before i watched them just every weekend or so when i could

Gozatron, I actually count you lucky you didn't become a fan until the last episode, because it made it easier to deal with loosing the show. All of us who had been watching it for a while were really depressed for about a week after the cancellation was announced(I definatly speak for myself right here. That's how I felt).

I watched the first and second seasons of Malcolm in the Middle when it originally aired, then for some reason I stopped watching it. I continued watching it again when I saw a promo on FOX for the episode Grandma Sues and I've been obsessed with it ever since.