Nit-picking - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nit-picking

Default Re: Nit-picking

Quote Originally Posted by tony_montana
    @Cheerleader(this is a small nitpick)- After Reese thinks about leaving the cheer squad, he tries cutting up his uniform until Malcolm is able to persuade him not to. Later, near the end of the episode when the squad is in the triangle, if you look at Reese's uniform, it has stitches all in it. I wonder why they didn't give him a new uniform?
    Oh, also about "Cheerleader"(and the rest of the show)- What became of Reese and Wendy's relationship? It was never explained for the rest of the show and that was the only episode Wendy was ever in.
    Actually, I think it would have been more of a nitpick if his uniform didn't have stitches in it. It was more believable for him to try to cut it up, then have to get it sewed, than show up a few days later with a brand new uniform. I think uniforms are exepensive and they would probably make him pay for it himself since he damaged it on purpose (and we know the Wilkerson's have no money.) It would also probably take a couple weeks to order a new one.

As for what happened to he and Wendy, that's just one of the many MITM plots that are left up to the viewer to decide. They don't tell us how long Reese continued to be a cheerleader after that episode either. It's annoying at times, but it's one of the things that makes the show unique.

I don't have both episodes' credits to check, but does anyone else think the Wendy in Cheerleader and the Wendy in Butterflies look alike (with aging, of course)? It'd be funny if they were actually the same actress.

Edit: Well, I checked and they're not the same. Too bad...that would have been a nice catch.
    When I go insane, I want to think I live in the Malcolm in the Middle world.

Where did the rest of the Kreyboynes go!!

That's a good question. I have no idea what happened to the Krelboynes. I wish they would have been around for the last two seasons, and it would have rocked if they could have been in the finale.
    Now that I think about it, I don't think we saw the krelboynes anymore because by season 5, both Malcolm and Stevie seemed to be back into the normal school population. They had classes with all the regular students, etc.

And we know from Humilithon that Malcolm was trying to break away from them. Still, it would have been nice to see them in an episode like Morp.

I have a nit-pick from Season 6...

In Malcolm's Car, when Lois found out about Craig's affair with the boss's wife, she said that she once let Craig sleep on her floor when he thought his cat's ghost was trying to kill him. Then, in Living Will, Craig said that he wasn't going to go with his dad because he loved his cat. Now, as far as we know, Craig's only cat is/was Jellybean, which makes for an interesting explanation of these statements. I guess he could have gotten another cat in the meantime (or have been creepily referring to a dead cat), but I think that it's odd to have those statements only three episodes apart from each other.
    When I go insane, I want to think I live in the Malcolm in the Middle world.

That's a good one. In defense of the writers, I would argue that Craig is very easily creeped out and he could have thought his cat turned into a ghost for some strange reason, then realized when he discovered it wasn't actually a ghost that he still loved it.

I can't believe we are sitting here talking about the ghost of a dead cat.
    But then again, that's Craig for ya. Thinking a cat's ghost is trying to kill him.

Being scared of ghosts seems to be quite common in wherever it is the Wilkersons live. Hal was too scared to go to work one day because there was a ghost in his car too. (Reese Joins the Army) Are there any other references to ghosts?

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    Being scared of ghosts seems to be quite common in wherever it is the Wilkersons live. Hal was too scared to go to work one day because there was a ghost in his car too. (Reese Joins the Army) Are there any other references to ghosts?
    Craig thought he saw one in the Lucky Aide and pushed the button for burgulars. They mention that as a reason they disabled the button.