Dewey's candy - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dewey's candy

Default Re: Dewey's candy

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    I don't know that Dewey even knew about it--it was sort of Reese's secret weapon.
    What secret weapon? And I'm sure Dewey saw it b/c remember, Reese gets caught in the garage door and they start using him as a pinata and the candy falls out.

In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    Maybe you just don't realize you had sugar highs but indeed actually did?
    I really, really didn't, when I say I was always hyper, I mean full of energy, and sugar only gives you a large, but short-lasting "up" (apparently), whilst mine lasted all day, and I didn't go about eating suagr ALL day.
    GWF! GWF! GWF!

@Murph-About your comment earlier...do you know how much sugar is in half a can of Coke? One can is something around 46 grams of sugar, so half a can is still 23 grams of sugar. That's alot.
    Anyways, Dewey mainly got over his sugar/candy problem. By season 6 and 7 it didn't bother him. Like in the episode(forget the name at the sec) where Francis inducts Dewey into the "brotherhood" and gives him the cookie. The Dewey of old wouldve eaten the cookie and gone sugar crazy, but in that episode, Dewey didn't even care about the cookie(he called it "a crappy cookie", as a matter of fact).

39 grams, actually. I have a Coke can in front of me. You're right, though, I guess Dewey kind of did begin to outgrow that candy addiction near the end of the series.

While we're on the discussion of sugar in soft drinks--I recently heard/read (don't remember which) that people who drink regular soda, as opposed to diet, gain around 10 lbs a year from it. It was based on the natural average from some kind of nutritional study. As Tony said, regular sodas are loaded with sugar (and calories.)

True, but it really depends how much you actually drink. For instance, I only have one soda a day, at most. Now we're completley off-topic with me making excuses for drinking soda but the point is that you don't automatically gain ten lbs. a year just as a result of drinking soda. If I've gained like three pounds in the last two or three years, that's about it.

And some people need to gain as much wait as they can *looks at myself* Come onnnnnnn MUSCLE!
    GWF! GWF! GWF!

I don't think his "candy addiction" thing in Company Picnic exists in the other episodes. He ate a candy bar in Smunday w/o going crazy, and was around cake and ice cream in Hal's birthday without going crazy, um, what else? He had Ice cream in Long Drive, Mrs. Tri county, Book Club, Evacuation, Jessica stays over, and probably some others...he found an M&M in polly in the middle and didn't go crazy over it...he didn't go crazy when Lois said she'd make him cookies in Buseys Run Away...He was at a table with cake in Kitty's back and Hal sleepwalks...oh, he also had ice cream at the ranch in Malcolm's job...he was calmly eating gummy eels in Sleepover...

To contradict, he did try to sneak stuff from a dessert cart in dinner out and went crazy over some chocolate frosting in sleepover...and went crazy after drinking sodas in "The bots and the bees"

Is it sad I know practically episode-for-episode what Dewey has eaten?