When will my reputation precede me?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Re: MITMVC, what is it?

on a pretty stupid note...Sam, how much rep. points do we need before "our reputation precedes us"?:D I always hear that in movies, like in a James Bond movie(they say "Ah, Mr.Bond, your reputation precedes you"). So when, if ever, will my reputation precede me?:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

User is infamous around these parts (negative)
User can only hope to improve
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
User is an unknown quantity at this point
User is on a distinguished road
User will become famous soon enough
User has a spectacular aura about
User is a jewel in the rough
User is just really nice
User is a glorious beacon of light
User is a name known to all
User is a splendid one to behold
User has much to be proud of
User has a brilliant future
User has a reputation beyond repute

These can be changed if you guys want, but this is what they are. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

I believe all of us with 40 or more rep points have the "reputation beyond repute"(which I always thought sounded really funny!:D ), so maybe you can include one more which says,"Your reputation precedes you".:)
We need to reopen the rep.thread you closed.:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

The level for "reputation beyond repute" is 2000...remember "rep level" and "rep points" are two different things--it's very confusing really. :D Nonetheless, I've added one called "User reputation precedes user." See if you ever get to it, Tony. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Because, as you stated, it had nothing to do with the flower's request and I wanted to close that thread, but not punish you. :)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That's cool that we have a another level. It sounds kinda wierd how it says "(username) has a reputation that precedes the user" though, but I guess the system has no way of knowing whether the user is male or female so you couldn't say him or her. Is it right to say "(username)has a reputation that precedes them"? Or would that be an incorrect use of a plural? Grammar was never my favorite subject. :D It's really not a big deal...I'm just babbling. :D

Murph-Keep making quality posts (as you've been doing) and your reputation will continue to increase! :)

backfence

how does someone get rep points/ rep power? :detective: --- nevermind i was looking through tiki lounge and found the faq: rep power thread by yardgames, thanks :).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1693

Those are such beautiful descriptions! I especially like "glorious beacon of light".