Education Stuff and School Subjects

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
This thread has be split off form the original thread by the administrator. This post happended to creep in as well, it has already bene converted so I shall just leave it here as a quote. Please continue this converstaion as if nothing happend :D

Here is Reese:

<font face=WallowHmkBold>

Who knew that Randy had powerful fists? Mom’s going to be so angry. I guess I can’t cook for a while. And that was one of my best pans too. Mom had to cook. She never uses enough pepper in the steak. It’s too bland, how can anyone eat this??? In case someone from like 100 years from now reads this, I think I’ll fill them in. Dad ran away with Francis to go motorcycling, and mom and Piama destroyed all of Dad and Francis’s favorite stuff, He’s really gonna miss that record. Then Randy came, After Dewey was beat up, I have to seek revenge, you know, he’s my brother, Only I can beat him up, and maybe Malcolm, sometimes. Instead of using the pan to protect myself…….. I should have used it to hit Randy, but it doesn’t matter now, unless I make a Time Machine, that’s something I have to do, make a Time Machine, yeah. Randy can handle 1 Reese, but can he handle 2 Reeses with pans to hit him, I think not. But Malcolm, If he was so smart why didn’t he figure out Randy was looking for someone else. Mr.I-have-a-165-I.Q. got the beating of a lifetime. We wailed on him so bad, his brothers will hurt, wait, that’s me……, his other brothers will hurt. See what happens when we work together, Malcolm has to drink his steak from a straw, I can eat solids, I just need someone to feed me, In the end I won. He deserved it, big time. My arm hurts more then usual now. I guess I need to beat up Malcolm again. Ha!

Word count:276 words

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: Journals Info

those were great. I'll try to get a couple done before I leave for a high school prgram(i'm in jr. high, but taking a Honors Physical Science course to get into biology in my 1st year) that gives me about 2 hours to work, be back on soon.

admin

Retired Administrator

Your education is infinitly more important than anything you do here, so make sure that you do you best with that before doing anything for us :d and good luck.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

The problem is that education should be more important, but it often times doesn't work that way. I like to prioritize everything and then start with the items at the bottom of the list, which often includes this forum. Sometimes I wish they woudl just block the site at school so I could just concentrate on other things.

Amigo22

Super Moderator

Do you come here while you're at school Yardgames? During break/lunchtime or during class? Or both :D?

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Let's see here: before school starts, during lunch, I don't have any breaks, but I do have a computer class, that at least part of the period I sometimes use here. Let's just say I'm probably here a bit too often.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

The first day went well, lots of converting from grams to milligrams, that kind of stuff. 8 more weeks! Thanks for the support.

I will admit to coming here ocasionally at school also :)
I don't get breaks, only lunch, *shudder* cafeteria food:Sick: :Sick:

admin

Retired Administrator

I only come here after school for a while, and at weekends every now and again. Personally I never go on at school, as the computers are too slow.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

In America, most schools have high-speed access now, and vBulletin seems to load pretty quickly.

Nice entry, J. Took me a minute to figure out that was for Living Will; I assumed it was from the latest episode, and it was a bit weird in the beginning. Good job.

Amigo, I'm passing with a 3.978 GPA. And J, converting grams to miligrams must have been REALLY tough! That IS an advanced class!

admin

Retired Administrator

So whats your B+/A- or whatever in yardgames :D - If thats your GPA

yardgames

Retired Administrator

What's a B+/A-, do you not use GPAs in England, and where are journal topics supposed to be posted if this thread is closed?

admin

Retired Administrator

Nope we don't have GPA in England, we use good old fashioned letters A*/A/A-/B+/B/B-/C/D/E/F/U

There was a database glitch that caused the thread to close, I have reopened it for you to continue adding journals

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Ahh, I see. America makes the grading system complicated by equating each letter with a number. Pluses and minuses don't matter, so A=4, B=3, C=2, and D=1. An F is zero. After each semester, all of your letter grades are converted to numbers, and then averaged to create your grade point average, or GPA. The highest you can get is a 4.0, and that is straight A's.

(we also don't have E's or U's, although we do have N's in math.)

So basically, I've gotten all A's, except for an honors English class last year and Spanish this year.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

yardgames said:
Ahh, I see. America makes the grading system complicated by equating each letter with a number. Pluses and minuses don't matter, so A=4, B=3, C=2, and D=1. An F is zero. After each semester, all of your letter grades are converted to numbers, and then averaged to create your grade point average, or GPA. The highest you can get is a 4.0, and that is straight A's.

(we also don't have E's or U's, although we do have N's in math.)

So basically, I've gotten all A's, except for an honors English class last year and Spanish this year.
as david+appanah (and other) will know we do now (at age 17+) use numbers in the form of UCAS points i dont really know details about them tho. also there was an old point system which was something 10=A etc (its v confussing)

(btw wales has bascially same sytem and england)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

My school uses 92-100=A, 91-84=B, I never got lover then that so I don't know the rest. I think it's 83-76=C, 75-64=D, anything lower=F Of course that just Middle School, but it was much simpler last year with 90-100=A, 89-80=b, ect.

Next year, we have credits, we need 120 credits to pass a year at highschool, i thought that was only for college. But I ave an advatage, Marching Band gives me a 5 credit up on everyone else:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Wow, we're really off-topic here, yet I'm enjoying learning about your cultures so I'm not going to close the topic.

Anyway, you need a lot of credits, J. I need 24 total to graduate, but each year-long class is worth just one credit; a semester class is worth a half a credit, and various honors classes are worth 2.

92.5-100=A=4.0 etc. It's all very complicated. Maybe they should spend less time ranking people and more time realizing different people are intelligent in different ways. To relate this to MITM so we're not COMPLETELY off-topic, Reese isn't the brightest bulb in the shed, but he's still good at some things.

Anyone have a journal entry?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: Education Stuff (Split Off From "Journal Info" Thread)

I agree with yardgames, but with Reese, in that episode where his teacher fails him on purpose, i forget the name, just because he's bad a school stuff, doesn't mean he's stupid. Thomas Edison didn't start school until 3rd grade, I think Reese is really smart, just in a different way then others.