Frankie Muniz's racing result

Nico21

Frankie's website has been updated.

They explain shortly the 2 accidents:

"Frankie's first race of the weekend ended early after another driver came out to wide on the track and cut in too sharp on Frankie. Frankie's front wing had been clipped and it snapped clean off the racecar.
In his second race, he managed to get into 11th place, but when he tried to go faster on the track, he side-swiped the barrier and blew out his tire and the rear suspension. He veered into a safety zone without incident."

He was at 11th place when he hit the wall !

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
11th place isn't too bad, to be honest, especially for a newbie like Frankie!:) Let's pray he doesn't get hurt and he can keep getting better at racing.:)

Alfista Junior

This kind of championship brings together a lot of newbies and also a pinch of scarce good drivers. The goal of this championship is to highlight those who've got the talent to succeed in higher other competitons. It's not like Formula one (or equivalent championship in the US..) where the drivers are not here because of their money but solely their talent. Moreover, it's useless to say that Frankie would have never entered such a competition (even it's a low-rated one) without being formerly a celebrity. I guess Frankie is aware of this situation but if I were him I would have done the same thing : Seizing every opportunity you have.

Honestly, I don't think he could be a good racer anyway but he could improve his racing skills.

Nico21

Alfista Junior said:
Honestly, I don't think he could be a good racer anyway but he could improve his racing skills.

Of course Frankie entered in this competition because he's famous, but I don't think he's a bad driver.

As they wrote in his website, he races since only 6 months, and had never done this before (even go kart).
And in only 5 racing week ends, he succeeded to be at 10th or 11th place during some races, that's not a bad performance !

Nico21

UP !

The 11th and 12th races of the season of formula BMW take place this week end in Denver, Colorado.

Unfortunately it seems Frankie didn't make good times at qualifying (his best lap time is the worst of the session), so he starts on 24th place...
(starting grid here)

It seems strange as Frankie succeeded to come in 10th place 2 weeks ago in San Jose (before his accident) !
I thought he would do a good race this week end (he was motivated by the fact he could earn points), but it doesn't start very well !

Ryebeach

Nico21 said:
UP !

The 11th and 12th races of the season of formula BMW take place this week end in Denver, Colorado.

Unfortunately it seems Frankie didn't make good times at qualifying (his best lap time is the worst of the session), so he starts on 24th place...
(starting grid here)

It seems strange as Frankie succeeded to come in 10th place 2 weeks ago in San Jose (before his accident) !
I thought he would do a good race this week end (he was motivated by the fact he could earn points), but it doesn't start very well !
Thanks for the info, Nico21. Best wishes to Frankie for this weekends races. As he's in Colorado for this race, there's a brief interview with Frankie in today's (August 12th) edition of Rocky Mountain News. You can check it out here: Rocky Mountain News - F. Muniz - 8/12/06

Nico21

thanks for the link !

The official results grid is not yet available, but from the website formulabmwusa.com, frankie finished the 11th race of the season in 17th place after 23 laps (it seems he didn't have any problems this time).

But his qualification times for race #12 doesn't look better than those for race #11, he start in 23th place (over 24 pilots, and the last one didn't participate to the qualifications...)
Of course I still wish he wins this race, but it appears hard that he even gets some points this sunday !

Nico21

tony_montana said:
Well, he's only been racing a few months. Give him some time. I think he'll get better.:)
That's my opinion too, he proved he wasn't a bad driver during the last races, now he has to acquire more experience, which is not the easiest part !

Meanwhile, here's another bad new for race #12, Frankie have had an accident during 18th lap, he didn't finish the race and was finally ranked 22th.
(I have no more info on this accident, nor his place before it occured)

All the results are now available here: race #11 and race #12

There are only 2 more races (in Toronto, Canada, in 2 weeks) until the end of this season, so Frankie has now only a few chances to get some points this year.

But I still believe in him, he still has some chances to succeed and finish in a good place for these last races !

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
All these accidents that he keeps having make me nervous. I hope he continues to stay out of anything really serious. It sounds like he's doing well in the races before the accidents though. Most drivers probably don't do well that first year. I'm sure he'll improve. Best of luck to him in the last two races!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
My question is how is he having accidents this much? It seems that in 90% of his races, he has an accident.:confused:
Anyways, I still hope he stays safe.:)

Nico21

Actually he "only" had accidents on 3 of the last 4 races.
He began his season without problems (except an exclusion during race #5).

I've made a grid with all Frankie's results for this season (of course without the next 2 races):

resultsvq0.jpg

He was excluded from the 5th race for violation of a regulation (5.19, but I don't know what it means).

Except when he had accidents, he has never lost any place from the begining to the end of the races.

His best ranking was at Indianapolis (race #7), he succeeded to finish the race on 16th place (although he started on 27th place after doing bad times at qualifying).