What was the greatest Season of Malcolm?

Malcolm06

Hey guys,

I was wondering, now that Malcolm has finished, what do you guys think was the best season. Im split for decision i loved them all but i wanna know what you guys think. Which seasons did you prefer, which did you not? What do you like/dislike about particular seasons. Post your thoughts here!

Cheers!

PBUNDY

My favorite season of Malcolm would have to be the second season. The characters were already established from the first season and there were some great storylines and further character development. My least favorite season would be season five. I felt the episodes weren't of the same great quality as the other six seasons.

Nico21

As PBUNDY, my choice goes to season 2, even if I haven't seen all the episodes yet (I'm watching it).
I also enjoyed the others seasons, but I think this one is the best. We know the characters, and they are still very young.
Season 4 would be my second choice.

My last favourite could be the 7th season. I haven't seen many episodes of it (it hasn't been aired yet where I live), but it seems the actors start being too old for the role they play (It's just my first thought after watching 3 or 4 episodes, not in my native language so I could have missed some funny things)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Why in the world is season 1 the fan favorite around here?! It wasn't NEAR as good as later seasons! Im one of the people who believe MITM got better and better each season. And Im also one of the people who liked the show more as the actors(the boys, mainly) got older.
Anyways, my favorite season is a tie between seasons 6 and 7. Actually, if I HAVE to narrow it down, it'd be.....damn, this is hard! Uh....Im gonna have to say season 7 was my favorite, and for a couple of reasons. Number one, it has some FANTASTIC episodes(Burning Man is still one of my favs of the whole show), GREAT plots for all characters(especially my fav, Hal!:) ). Number two(this is a kind of sentimental reason), season 7 was the only new season I caught of MITM. I wasn't a fan of the show when seasons 1-6 were going on(yes, I am very ashamed I didn't get into MITM sooner).
Anyways, GO SEASON SEVEN!:D

reese35

Now that I think about it, I did caught on midway through season 5, and some pretty cool eppys. The 'Reese and the Army' plotline took me through season 6, the first complete season I caught of Malcolm, hence my fave season. Good plotlines, great singing :)p), a cool Christmas eppy, and the first HD season of Malcolm. My favorite bunch of cold openers at that period, also. But what still pisses me off is

Spoiler for Another syndication rant.:
how those syndicators nixed the cold opener for "Reese Comes Home". You can't expect people to know what's going on if you don't set something in the beginning to let people go by! Same with Baby - that was when we discovered Jamie's gender and you cut that off too!:mad:

But all-in-all, Season 6 tops season 1.:D:D:D

rzombie1988

tony_montana said:
Why in the world is season 1 the fan favorite around here?! It wasn't NEAR as good as later seasons! Im one of the people who believe MITM got better and better each season. And Im also one of the people who liked the show more as the actors(the boys, mainly) got older.
I have always loved the first season the best. I really don't have much reasoning behind it, other than I loved The Pilot, Red Dress, Smunday, and Water Park. I also really liked Francis at military school. The seasons did get good as they got older, and probably even better, but I just can't put them before season 1. The only decent argument I could maybe make is that Francis wasn't in as much in the later seasons, and I'm a big fan of him.

I have the oppositve opinion on actors aging, as I liked the actors less as they got older. Malcolm especially, who I found to be annoying and depressing as he got older.

simon_4420

well my profile say's season 5, but I cant make up my mind if I like season 2 more because to me it is the start of the characters development into what we see them to be now:) . But then again most of my favourite episode are from season 5 so I'll stick with 5 ... I think:rolleyes:

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol, Simon, you need to make your mind up!:D
And I have to say I agree with Rzombie on one thing. Malcolm was the one who got "less likable" as he got older. I agree that he became more and more depressing and just plain whiny about everything. That aside, I still hold to the belief that the others got more likable as they got older(Reese and Dewey especially, and Francis also). Dewey is probably the single one who I liked more later in the show. I actually didn't start liking Dewey until season 3-4. That's when he got developed and clever and lost that "cuteness" crap.:) :cool:

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Why does season 3 rate the lowest on everyone's list?:confused: Anyways, here are my favs(in order):
1.Season 7 THE BEST!:D
2.Season 6 THE OTHER BEST!:D
3.Season 5 GREATER!
4.Season 4 GREAT!
5.Season 3 VERY, VERY GOOD!
6.Season 2 VERY GOOD!
7.Season 1 GOOD!
As you can see, I like the show more and more and more as it went along(even though season 1 IS awesome!:) ).

simon_4420

1. Season 5
2. Season 2
3. Season 7
4. Season 4
5. Season 3
6. Season 6
7. Season 1

They are all so close, just because season 1 is at the bottom doesn't mean I don't like it, I love them all, it's just need to choose a favourite:D. Personally there isn't a season that I thought could of been better, they were all so entertaining:D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I think I like season 7 the best. That's strange cause usually a show's last season is its worst, hence the reason for its cancellation, but MITM is definitely an exception to that rule. So if I had to put them in order, I guess it would be something like:

Season 7
Season 4
Season 6
Season 5
Season 3
Season 2
Season 1

Like everyone else, I think the second half of the series was the best. It just kept getting better and better as it went on. :D

patrick4488

1. Season 5
2. Season 6
3. Season 4
4. Season 1
5. Season 2
6. Season 3

I haven't seen enough eppys from season 7 to judge about it (it wasn't aired in German/Austrian tv ..., but it'll be soon, hopefully)