The funny little things on MITM

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
This thread is mainly so everyone can say what their favorite "little things" were on Malcolm. By little things I mean just a certain line or scene or something that was small in the show, but just made you laugh.
One of my favorite little things with Abe was in "Baby part 1" where he started acting "gangsta" to scare Ida!:D Lol! You guys remember that? What made it funny was Abe knew nothing about the "hood" and was saying stuff like "Yay-yayyy! Welcome to..da hood!":D
A funny little line I liked was, of course, Craig's "Everyone has a little bit of Aquaman, right here.":D Another little funny line I liked was in "Malcolm defends Reese" when Hal is driving in his car behind that girl, Gina, and offering her "better chocolate" then he did the day before(as you may remember, the other box of chocolate made her break out). But it's funny because he looks like a child predator doing that, and the line when the cop arrests him-"Don't you remember your first love?!":D BTW, in case you forgot, Hal was doing all that for Dewey.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Another of the "little things" I loved about MITM were the facial expressions. They may not sound that important to the show to some people, but sometimes one of them would do facial expressions that were just so funny it made me crack up!:D And, in my opinion, the king of facial expressions on the show was Bryan. All those stupid looks he did as Hal... Classic.:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
There were so many things that came together to make the show great. I think one of my favorite pieces of the puzzle is how the writers sought to make the family functional even though it was advertised as the opposite. It's great how the family always has dinner together and always stands up for each other.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Rzombie-Lol! What episode are those singing trashcans from?:D
And yeah, I agree with you Yardgames. Even though cast as "dysfunctional", when you compare the MITM family to other tv families, they actually seem to be the most functional and normal one around, which is a "small" thing that made MITM great.:)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol! It's just the funny little things like that(that being singing trashcans) that made MITM such a fantastic show.:D

reese35

Amen! And no syndicator can ever take the memories of those things away. :D

P.S. I remembered that other little thing from Traffic ticket - when Craig records those 'surveillance tapes' and switches them with the competitor to "better understand the safety of our customers". :D:D:D:D

Gozatron

It the episode where Lois gets caught for cuttign off someone on the road and when Lois asks dewey to re-call what he saw, dewey was thinking

He was drivign while Lois keep sayign Dewey Dewey Dewey

reese35

Yeah! (laughing) "Dewey, Dewey, Dewey, Dewey, Dewey, Dewey, Dewey, Dewey, Dewey. Dewey, Dewey, Dewey.":D:D:D And he was driving the car in his 'flashback'! lol

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Speaking of the security tapes in that episode, what was the name of the tape that Lois's traffic incident was on? Im trying to think, and I believe it was "Short skirts on a windy day" or something, but Im not sure.:D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol, yeah, don't you remember, Sam? Craig and that other security guy had names for all the tapes, and when Malcolm was looking at the pile of tapes, I caught the names of a few other of the tapes. One was "hot moms", one was something like "hot hot girls", etc.:D

Gozatron

in "Forwards Backwards" where Malcolm was really determined and angry driving his go karts where as Reese was singing the "Speed Racer" Theme
Song. .. Driving down the track, jamming his foot on the pedal like he's never coming back!

vickrules88

theres so many things I liked in every show... but one of my favorites is when malcolm went to sleep in the van cuz francis and piama took his tent, hal goes in it in the middle of the night yelling " why me!!! why!!!" and going crazy... its halarious!

PBUNDY

That was really funny when Malcolm was in the backseat of the van. Hal was hilarious when he was freaking out over Lois being pregnant... again. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol! Yep, I remember that! That's when Hal started yelling and throwing around paper cups in the van!:D I loved that! And I think the episode name "Ida Sues".
And that's another of the small things on MITM that were so great...how Hal would yell and act when he was upset about something like that.:D

simon_4420

There are so many little funny things on MITM, its hard to name just a few. Thinking about it Ida has had some pretty funny quotes, I think the one in baby part 1 or 2 about the boarder patrol giving her back her rifle was hilarious:D and then telling Malcolm he would get "eye cancer"