What is your favourite Malcolm 2-parter?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Let's start talking about WHY we like these two parters so much now that we know each other's fav. two parter.
Here's just a few reasons why I think "Baby" 1-2 is the best two parter:
1.Hal's plot in part 2(Im coming, Lois!):D
2.Lois's plot in part 2(having the baby)
3.Dewey's plot in part 1(remember anything about THURSDAY, dad?!:D )
4.Abe and Hal's other African American friends(Trey, etc.) scaring Ida in part 1.:D Especially Abe, that was so funny!:D
5.Reese's plot in part 1(with the tux)
6.The boy's plot in part 2(the baby care class:D )

Anyways, just tell your reasons for liking your favorite two parter.:)

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
Anyways, just tell your reasons for liking your favorite two parter.:)
Good idea Tony! :)

My favorite two-parter is Reese Joins the Army 1 and 2. I like how all the family members played a large part in these episdes and how it really set the stage for leading each character in a new direction. Hal's storyline was clever and to me, Bryan Cranston did some of his best acting in part 2. He conveyed so many emotions in those 22 minutes, it was really amazing. For the first time, Lois didn't know what to do. All the yelling and trying to outwit someone else wasn't going to save her husband from jail and it wasn't going to continue to take care of the family and pay the bills.

I like how it was Malcolm who, in the end, saved Hal from going to prison. I thought it appropriate that it was he who figured it all out. And, most of all, I like how this two parter set the stage for my favorite episode of the series, Reese Comes Home.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
You know, your right about Lois. I just realized(thanks to your post) that's really the first time she didn't have an answer and didn't know what to do.:)
And Hal's acting was superb in that episode but...it was superb in "Baby", too.:D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Your right, Bryan was always superb.:D Wow, the word superb is getting used alot right now in this thread.:D
On a comletely irrelevant, unrelated note-Rye, does your name come from that Queen song "The seven seas of Rhye?":)
Anyways, back on topic now...what's everyone's reason for liking their favorite two parter?

simon_4420

For me its just the best because it was a great way to end the series leaving it to use to guess the sex of the baby. Plus I just found it the funniest out the list of two parters:D

The other reasons for it being my favourite is that there is just so many displays of each member of the cast at their best:-

*Hal getting back to Lois
*Reese and the tucs
*Dewey and his birthday
*Ida coming to live
*The boys in the baby classes
*Hal's poker friends
*Craig googling "baby"

Although it has most of the cast it was missing the rest of the Krelboynes as it only had Lloyd

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Reese joins the Army was actually a 3 parter cause you have to count Reese Comes Home as the conclusion. It's really a tough decision between the Reese Joins the Army series and Baby. I guess I'd have to say Baby cause I love Dewey's "story of the little boy who lost his birthday" and Lois and Hal's friends were hilarious and so was Francis delivering the baby.

But Reese joins the Army/Reese Comes Home runs a very close second. The only thing that turns me off a little on them is Mr. Waffles. That scene really bugs me cause it's so unrealistic. I know Reese was supposed to be hallucinating from dehydration, but it just bugs me. :D Anyway, all were excellent, but I'm going with baby as my fav.

rzombie1988

Wildcat said:
Reese joins the Army was actually a 3 parter cause you have to count Reese Comes Home as the conclusion. It's really a tough decision between the Reese Joins the Army series and Baby. I guess I'd have to say Baby cause I love Dewey's "story of the little boy who lost his birthday" and Lois and Hal's friends were hilarious and so was Francis delivering the baby.

But Reese joins the Army/Reese Comes Home runs a very close second. The only thing that turns me off a little on them is Mr. Waffles. That scene really bugs me cause it's so unrealistic. I know Reese was supposed to be hallucinating from dehydration, but it just bugs me. :D Anyway, all were excellent, but I'm going with baby as my fav.

How could you not love Mr. Waffles?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Im inclined to agree with Rzombie here. How can you not love Mr.Waffles?:)
"THESE people don't know how to eat breakfeast!!":D
And Simon, I am actually glad they didn't include the rest of the Krelboynes(well, Stevie would have been fine if they put him in). To be honest, the only Krelboynes(other than Malcolm) that I could ever stand were Stevie and Lloyd.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think it would have been nice to see the Krelboynes in Morp or Graduation or both, but in other eps like Baby, just putting them in just to put them there is pointless. It's nice to see them but make there actually be a point to seeing them.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
rzombie1988 said:
How could you not love Mr. Waffles?

LOL, I don't know. It's not that it was bad, it just seemed out of place to me. I guess it was meant to lighten the tone of Reese being in a war zone and all, but it still bugs me for some reason. I don't really know why. :D They were still great eps though, like I said before.

Evil King

F.A.Q Freak
Water Park & Traffic Jam is a clear winner for me. Especially Traffic Jam, it was such a hilarious episode. Followed by Company Picnic, I just loved the ending, it's amazing how Hal did that and got away with it too. Lol.

And of course.. Reese Joins the Army. The first part was hilarious, and the first scene of the second part was also funny. Also two of the funniest episodes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1693

I like Water Park and Traffic Jam too, regardless of what I said in this thread before :p

I've changed a lot, haha

EDIT: all clear, this is my first post in the thread.

AlexTheMartian

I like Water Park and Traffic Jam too, regardless of what I said in this thread before :p

I've changed a lot, haha

EDIT: all clear, this is my first post in the thread.

why do we all have bad memories in LA? :huh: lol

sometimes i am afraid to make a post somewhere because i might have already have made a post. wait a sec, isnt their a little icon when you made a reply to a post? oh well, then searching for that post to see what i said would be too much work, lol.

i wish my memory was like a steal trap. well, probably not, then i would retain the bad memories too, lol.

ok i need sleep, i'm not making any sense.

Last edited: