4 Emmy Nominations for MITM!!!

PBUNDY

4 Emmy Nominations for MITM!

Congratulations to Jane Kaczmarek for being nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy for the seventh year in a row! Hopefully she'll finally win an emmy this time! :)

Alone with Jane Kaczmarek being nominated for lead actress in a comedy series, Bryan Cranston and Cloris Leachman also were nominated for supporting actor in a comedy series (Bryan) and guest actress in a comedy series (Cloris). The episode "Bomb Shelter" was also nominated for outstanding choreography. Congratulations Malcolm in the Middle! Bring home some Emmy wins! :)

Ryebeach

The 2006 Emmy Nominations were announced early this AM in California and MITM came out with 4 nominations. :)

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series - Jane Kaczmarek - She submitted the episode "Lois Strikes Back" for consideration.

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Bryan Cranson

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series - Cloris Leachman

Outstanding Choreography - Fred Tallaksen, Choreographer for episode "Bomb Shelter"

Congratulations to all the nominees and all the cast and crew of MITM for a job well done. Best of luck to the nominees at the awards shows to be held this August. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's pretty exciting; I hope Jane actually wins this year. You know, I never noticed before that Lois is considered a lead character and Hal is supporting--who decides that?

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
I never noticed before that Lois is considered a lead character and Hal is supporting--who decides that?
The producers of each TV show usually decide however I believe the network has the final say.

Congratulations to the nominees and thanks for bringing us this info, PBUNDY.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Don't shave yourself of the credit, Rye. :) You both posted it at almost the same time; it just wasn't approved because I'm slow and the system didn't tell me. :)

Anyway, I would have considered Hal supporting in the first couple of seasons, but hasn't he become more important from season 4 or 5 onward? Or is it impossible to change it in the middle of a series?

PBUNDY

In 2002 and 2003 Bryan was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, while in 2001 Frankie was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series. So, I guess that Frankie was seen as the lead actor in Malcolm in the Middle and Bryan and the rest of the boys are just the supporting cast.

Ryebeach

Reactions from Jane Kaczmarek and Bryan Cranston upon hearing of their nominations:

"I'm the nominee who won't go away." - Jane Kaczmarek, who has been nominated for comedic actress annually since 2000 for her work in "Malcolm in the Middle."

"It's just wonderful news to wake up to. It changed my mood immediately." - Bryan Cranston, nominated for supporting comedic actor for his work as the dad in "Malcolm in the Middle."

Source: http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/feeds/ap/2006/07/06/ap2862470.html

reese35

OK, Academy, it's up to you! Send Malcolm into the sunset with at least one Emmy win (preferably Kaczmarek and lead actress)! The rest of us... let's keep our fingers crossed....:)

PBUNDY

I'm with you, reese35, I would love to see Jane finally win the emmy she deserves. I would also really love to see Bryan win for best supporting actor. He is a very underrated and it is finally time for him to get the recognition he's deserved for so many years.:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That's great news! I really hope they get the recognition they deserve this time! Thanks for the info!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
They don't really seem to care--and rightfully; the award is so overrated. Would it be great for them to have? Yes. But does it mean that their show sucked if they don't get one? Definitely not.

reese35

Well, I'm pretty sure that scene from "Lois Strikes Back" will make her a shoo-in. Jane deserves that award; we can't say that enough in here! ;) And after directing about 8 something episodes and getting crazy for 151, so does Bryan! Let's just hope and pray the Academy thinks so, too.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
This is fantastic news!:) Although both Jane and Bryan should have won it by now. Anyways, I hope they both win. And, although I DESPISE Ida, Cloris definatly deserves and emmy as well. That's a mark of a great actress, when she makes you hate her character so much.:D
Let's give em our support and keep our fingers crossed. And if any of them win, how about we make a big congrats. card for them and mail it to Bryan(he put his fanmail address on his website)?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Sounds great--it's J's turn to mail the card. :D

Speaking of your friend Bryan, I know this is off-topic, but we were going to ask you if he has any "insider info" on the DVD releases?

PBUNDY

This is a list of all of the Emmys Malcolm in the Middle has won so far:

Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series- 2000
Lindwood Boomer, Writer

Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series- 2000
Todd Holland, Director

Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series- 2001
Alex Reid, Writer

Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series- 2001
Todd Holland, Director

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series- 2002
Cloris Leachman as Ida