4 Emmy Nominations for MITM!!!

MITM ALUM

Oh yeah, yardgames, I enjoy re-watching the older shows because i always see something I missed the first or even second time around. I used to double Frankie in the first 4 or 5 seasons. And when he got taller, I doubled Dewey, but rarely. I think we only doubled Dewey twice in the entire series! I even doubled Hal, Francis, a couple girlfriends AND Jamie! Tricky, huh? :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Wait a sec....Im laughing my head off right now by reading your last post, Bobby....how in the WORLD did you double for a baby?!:D Lol, sorry I find that stuff funny, but Im just imagining a middle aged man doing stunt doubles for a baby.:D

MITM ALUM

Yeah, even I thought that was pretty funny. We had to "imply" that Jaime was outside Hal and Lois' bedroom door and running away. So I was the "shadow" of Jamie's feet as he ran away. OK, so it wasn't a stunt. But I could have tripped or something, right? ;)

nyl

I saw an interview with Bryan and Jane in which they said that due to the time the boys were allowed to work on set, they had doubles who have there hair cut to look like the boys so that they can be filmed from behind. Did you get involved with this, and also, was it a regular occurance on the show that they did this?

MITM ALUM

In the earlier years, when Frankie and Justin were under 18, it was more common to have "photo doubles" work at the end of a day if we needed the back of their head to finish a scene. Once the boys were over 18, they could ( and would) work as long as the rest of us. Depending on the age, children are limited to how many hours they can work. Infants are limited to 2 hours or less, depending on their age. And, yeah, I would photo double whomever was needed from time to time.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Bobby, thanks for sharing all your wonderful memories and experiences of the show with us fans! :) It's amazing how many secrets the series conceals--it must be really cool to watch an episode and reminisce about exactly how a particular stunt or trick was achieved. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Bobby-I hope we will still see you around(that's the last thing the VC needs-people leaving and not coming back). Anyways, thanks for sharing you memories with us.:)