Something I didn't know about Season 2

Hendrix

It got MitM nominated for "Outstanding Comedy Series" at the Emmys. The only year they got nominated in the category, and here I was thinking The Emmys always snubbed Malcolm.

They submitted "Bowling", "New Neighbors", "Flashback", "Malcolm vs. Reese", "Dinner Out", "Old Mrs. Old", "Krelboyne Girl" AND "Lois’ Birthday" as their Emmy tapes and they STILL didn't win! What a shame...

They obviously have no taste, I imagine some generic sitcom crap probably won; with its predictable jokes and an audience in the background in apparant hysterics at someone falling over.

Hendrix

Deweyrules! said:
They obviously have no taste, I imagine some generic sitcom crap probably won; with its predictable jokes and an audience in the background in apparant hysterics at someone falling over.

Well, I was just surprised and bewildered that it actually got nominated, albeit only once. And Sex and the City won that year. :(

simon_4420

Deweyrules! said:

Thats why I love MITM so much as YOU choose when to laugh!:)

I always thought that bowling got an emmy? thats just upsetting to think it didnt or in fact any of those episode they submitted!

Hendrix

simon_4420 said:
Thats why I love MITM so much as YOU choose when to laugh!:)

I always thought that bowling got an emmy? thats just upsetting to think it didnt or in fact any of those episode they submitted!

Bowling won a writing Emmy, I think, but that's a different award than "Outstanding Comedy Series", which is one of the main events.

Ryebeach

Hendrix said:
Bowling won a writing Emmy, I think, but that's a different award than "Outstanding Comedy Series", which is one of the main events.
That's right, "Bowling" won both a writing and directing Emmy.

Other Emmy's that the series won:

Outstanding Directing and Writing for the Pilot

Oustanding Editing for "If Boys Were Girls"

Outstanding Guest Actress for a comedy series - Cloris Leachman (Grandma Ida) 2002

Ryebeach

Deweyrules! said:
But Jane Kaczmerak never won; which is disgraceful really.
I agree, it's a shame she has never won... The 2006 Emmy nominations will be announced on Thursday July 6th. Let's hope she's nominated again this year. She gave some very emotinally comedic performances in season 7. Not an easy feat for an actor to pull off yet Jane Kaczmarek pulled it off very gracefully, as always.