LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi & Transgender) MITM Fans - Page 4
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi & Transgender) MITM Fans

Default Re: LGBT MITM Fans

Good, you absolutely should maintain your beliefs. I don't think you should change your values and beliefs jsut becuase I said I disagree, otherwise I'd be a complete hypocrite

LOIS: Craig, are you drunk?
    CRAIG: Chilty as garged

Quote Originally Posted by Deweyrules!
    Good, you absolutely should maintain your beliefs. I don't think you should change your values and beliefs jsut becuase I said I disagree, otherwise I'd be a complete hypocrite
    But talking is also a way to realize you may be wrong (or the contrary). That's why when someone explains me why he desagree with me I read carefully his arguments... You used the word "belief" (maybe on purpose by the way). I would say "ideas" or "points of view", because beliefs are too immobile to be honest...

You appear to be fairly strong in your point of view on religion, as most people are so I thought it kind of warranted 'belief'. I agree points of view can be altered, but beliefs cannot... generally

This forum has always had its extremely touchy points and I had a feeling when it was started that this thread was going to end up being one of them. It's very difficult for one person to express their personal beliefs without insulting another person, but part of that process comes from each person accepting that others will have views different from their own. I thank each one of you for stating your opinion in such a logical and respectful way and hope that each one of you realizes no one is out to bash anyone else's personal belief system. In addition to the touchy issues that this forum can never seem to agree on, there are always some things that we can always agree on and one of those (apart from that we all love MITM) is that we're all generally very accepting. I beg that as you continue this thread, please keep that in mind and be accepting of others. State your opinions, but take caution when rebuttling others. I once closed a religion thread that Tony had begun because it was not appropriate for this forum; with all due process, this thread is now bordering on that same territory. If anyone is offended, please PM me and I will close it immediately. As it is, I will allow the discussion to continue for now.

Yeah, this is my last post in this thread.
    I hold very strong to my beliefs, because to me they are a part of my life. It is my faith and that won't change. With that said, Im not posting anything else in this thread because I don't want to start fighting with anyone here. I view each of you as my friend(wether you really are or not ), and I don't want that to be severed by arguing in a place where we should be brought together by our love for MITM. I apologize to you Kratos, for saying "screw off" earlier. That wasn't needed on my part.
    Anyways, I have said all I wanted to say here, Im not fighting or arguing anymore, so for this thread, consider me gone.

Wow, contravertial people leaving this thread?

Im not gunna be elaberate, ive posted on some religious thread here before. My views are that i dont like religion in general, the problems it cause etc etc. I would never be directly disrespectful of a religion.

As far as marriage goes its simple in my opinion everyone should be able to marry in LAW. So you get all the legal stuff. And in the UK thats what we have. Wether you call its marriage or civil partnership or whatever.

Thats all fine if you are athiest. For me I could never join an organsisation that was oppossed to know i am. Thats why i would never be a christian, regardless of how you inturpet the bible a large majority of the people in christianity are opposed to me. So when it comes to marriage I say, if you want to have a gay marriage join a church that surpports and allows it, you are not forced to be with one church or the other so choose. For that reason i dont think anyone should be forced to have gay marriages in there chruch, its a club, if you dont like the rules leave.

I hate homophobia of any sort, so i surpport people who are gay in their religion, if your gay your gay, and i dont think you shoudl be discriminated againt for it. However on marriage you have the option to get married, so you have the option to change church.
    Need help? Email Me Here

I think so long as everyone has morals engraned into them at a young age, as most do then that's all we need. Religion after all is a set of morals and rules. Society has simply adpated them to suit modern, more accepting way of life- it's a natural progression. Now that we have a new code of ethics and values, to many religion has become redundant, which I feel explains the apparant decline in religion (particuarly amongst those in our age group) in recent decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Deweyrules!
    I think so long as everyone has morals engraned into them at a young age, as most do then that's all we need. Religion after all is a set of morals and rules. Society has simply adpated them to suit modern, more accepting way of life- it's a natural progression. Now that we have a new code of ethics and values, to many religion has become redundant, which I feel explains the apparant decline in religion (particuarly amongst those in our age group) in recent decades.
    Its on the decline in some ways hwoever there is a grwoing revilatist movement in america mainly from the young.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Not from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfista Junior
    Back to the actual topic, I'd like to ask Kratos to tell me why the gay marriage is so important to him. You know, maybe it's me, but I think: If I were gay, I won't give a damn about marriage. By the way I'm straight and I don't. I'd just like to have fair rights and to live in peace. It's just a question, because it's not easy to understand everything.

You said you wanted marriage to allow gay couples to feel identical. Don't you think the marriage should be the next step after the true tolerance? Or don't you think the concept of marriage has been conceived by straight and is for straight? Don't you think gays should celebrate their union the way they want, and maybe differently...

As I said before, a important part of the gay couples over here think the marriage is not for us. They prefer fighting for tolerance because they think imposing gay marriage could much more threaten the acceptation and tolerance people have regarding them. When you see demonstrators in the US with their signs "One man One woman" you could realize it leads to a come back of extremist thoughts...

I don’t really have a strong desire to make marriage (within a religious context) of any kind, legal lol, like I said before I don’t like inequality being presented as some form of political positive in order to gain votes, Bush says gay “marriage” and abortion is wrong and he gets just over half of America voting for him. It’s the case of mixing a religious faith with the running of an entire country, who are highly unlikely to all belong to the same Christian religion.

Basically I don’t give a rat’s arse about marriage, just the option and choice to have the same rights that “straight” people can (almost) take for granted and in turn make different sexualities "Equal". It works on other levels, i.e. gay couples constricted as to when they can be themselves, holding hands kissing in public etc. It wouldn’t be a very big issue, if I saw two gay men/women walking down the street it’s got nothing to do with me , nor is it likely to effect me any more than if it were a straight couple, thus back to the first point and back to Alfista’s question, denying something for some that’s acceptable for others makes it look “wrong”, I don’t like a faith attempting to criminalize an expression of love, that’s legal and consenting.

(I’ve had fun reading this thread and have listened to “both” sides, but still feel the rights and enjoyment people can have in actual life is better, or more of an important priority than an almost leisurely belief in a faith)

Reese; "Oh, man. Two guys as your parents, that house has gotta be a dudes paradise."