LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi & Transgender) MITM Fans
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi & Transgender) MITM Fans

Default LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi & Transgender) MITM Fans

Had wondered about this before with Sam.

How many LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) MITM Fans are there?

Im Gay, (I think most regular members know that allready) any other Fans wanna "Come Out" to the forum?

Need help? Email Me Here

Default Re: LGBT MITM Fans

We're all nice enough that we won't bite or discriminate against you unlike some lawmakers I could mention if you are any of those. It is, in my mind, perfectly acceptable and even necessary for a diverse fan base. (I myself am not. )

From what I have observed strictly on these forums, it seems as though this rate is slightly higher for MITM fans--anyone care to agree or argue?

(This is not a political discussion thread, please.)

Interesting idea for a thread TJ and I think most people here can discuss this in a mature manner. I am personally staight, but I have no problem whatsoever with people who choose a gay/lesbian/bi lifestyle. I think everyone should be free to make their own choices without being judged and/or stereotyped.

I am like Wildcat. I am straight, and I will outright admit I don't support the gay marriage thing being pushed in the US and I am with George Bush in banning gay marriage, BUT I don't personally judge anyone who is gay. That is their own personal decision and I don't say anything about it. I don't hate gays at all or anything like that. I think it's stupid to hate a person for that reason.
    In fact, want to know who I think is one of the best rock and roll singers ever? Freddie Mercury.

Freddie Mercury and Queen performing at Live Aid. Great performance.

I don't understand personally what is wrong with gay marriage. It seems to me that discriminating against people like TJ is the same as discriminating against blacks was fifty years ago. Maybe fifty years from now, we'll look back and laugh at how we discriminated against these homosexuals, but honestly it's not like they choose to be gay. I mean, in a sense they do, but they rather come to a conclusion that they are, and they couldn't really change that even if they wanted to. Sure they could lie to themselves and society in order to secure their rights, but what good would that really do?

I too am straight, but I agree with yardgames on the fact there is no problem with gay marriage. It's been legal in the UK for about 6 months, I think one of the main problems is that many people are confusing marriage to someone, with wedding someone. Wedding is a religous term and relates to the holy unity of man and woman for the purposes of procreation. Marriage is almost political, as it suggests different civil liberties. Seeing as many people nowadays don't marry in order to procreate I don't think the religious argument has any weight, you can't uphold that level of double standards surely.
    LOIS: Craig, are you drunk?
    CRAIG: Chilty as garged

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    I don't understand personally what is wrong with gay marriage. It seems to me that discriminating against people like TJ is the same as discriminating against blacks was fifty years ago. Maybe fifty years from now, we'll look back and laugh at how we discriminated against these homosexuals, but honestly it's not like they choose to be gay. I mean, in a sense they do, but they rather come to a conclusion that they are, and they couldn't really change that even if they wanted to. Sure they could lie to themselves and society in order to secure their rights, but what good would that really do?
    As Sam points out, @Christina, people are born gay they dont choose to be gay.

Didnt think this would go onto gay marriage but no probs. In my opinion gay marriage is just essential for the legal rights. Personally thats all im interested in. That gay couples should be able to have same rights as striaght couples.

Becuase this stops horrible things such as a couple who where essentailly married but not actually in law, for many year, one persons then dies and the family disallows his/her partner to the furneral. And this happens alot.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople
    As Sam points out, @Christina, people are born gay they dont choose to be gay.

Becuase this stops horrible things such as a couple who where essentailly married but not actually in law, for many year, one persons then dies and the family disallows his/her partner to the furneral.
    True, people are born gay, but as Sam also pointed out, they could live a lie their whole lives and be unhappy beause they're afraid of being descriminated against if they admit that they're gay to society. I've heard of people who lived in a heterosexual marriage for years, then eventually accepted the fact that they were homosexual and left their spouse for a member of the same sex.

That's horrible about families not letting a person's partner attend his/her funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    True, people are born gay, but as Sam also pointed out, they could live a lie their whole lives and be unhappy beause they're afraid of being descriminated against if they admit that they're gay to society. I've heard of people who lived in a heterosexual marriage for years, then eventually accepted the fact that they were homosexual and left their spouse for a member of the same sex.

That's horrible about families not letting a person's partner attend his/her funeral.
    Glad you understand, I think I just misunderstood your first post.
    Need help? Email Me Here

wildcat- Jim McGreevy, Nj's former Governer lived like that, and he was just unhappy, so he "came out" and resigned.

It's your life, do what you want with it.
    The jerk formerly known as J.