Ida's Dance - Page 3
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ida's Dance

Default Re: Ida's Dance

Welcolme to the fourms! I(i think everyone does) like to hear everyone's opinion, that one of the reasons we are better. It was a little brutal with the tart.

The jerk formerly known as J.

This episode was slightly disturbing and not as hilarious as the other episodes in this season, what with Malcolm and Dewey with the deafness... and to an extent, Reese and his films (although there were some good points there). I did shriek in laughter at Malcolm's expression when Hal spun around with his knife, though...
    you wanna follow the laws of man?
    bloody apron, leg of lamb.
    it's so hard to win...
    when there's so much to lose.

we_dye Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emrysgirl View Post
    The part where Malcolm gets his first F was thought provoking. It showed us something that is naturalistic to this genius, that nobody can perfect every field.[/php] I was disappointed that the writers let this angle fall at the end when Malcolm actually does appreciate the music. I thought the ending could have been done better. It was important to the show but should have been placed towards the middle. After all, it is supposed to be a comedy (emotional stuff is just fine (even good in fact) as long as it ends with a joke

At first I thought, Dewey's deafness would be a permanent addition to the show[/php] At first, I actually thought he was lying and trying fooling malcolm. But that would have been too similar to the Ida's Boyfried plot.
    Question: Did Jamie go deaf too?

What is a php code?
    Last edited by yardgames; Feb 11, 2008 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by we_dye View Post
    What is a php code?
    it is for displaying PHP programming language, same with HTML and Code. don't know why it was used for text tho. Maybe it was supposed to be Spoiler tag?
    Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

Ignore it, you dont need to worry about it.

PHP is a programming language like HTML. The PHP tags help show the code correctly.
    Need help? Email Me Here

I changed your PHP tags to quote tags. Back on topic, I agree with you. Ida's Dance was entertaining the first time I saw it but the whole dance plot thing was a little boring to me. I did, however, enjoy the deaf plot. My favorite scene in that episode is when Malcolm is trying to exchange his fruit roll-up and Hal pulls a knife on him. Classic!

I love Cloris Leechman and thought the whole absurd festival plotline was great. Jane's part of the plot was just mediocre but it served as the foundation to reveal the details of IDA's absurd mythical culture. THe dates have to be in the 15th layer because it was the 15th day that the patron saint slaughtered the peacemakers!

AS for the deaf plot, I think this kind of goes in the same category as graduation. I thought it was good someone actually challenged Malcolm on his self destructive issues once in a while rather then let him continue on forever like that. Of course confrontions about your psychological issues will never be pretty

That's a really interesting analysis because I would never put Ida's Dance and Graduation in the same realm. Look, the worst MITM episode is still better than everything else on TV, but comparing just MITM eps, I thought Ida's Dance and Graduation were about as far apart as possible. Ida's Dance seemed uninspired, like a filler episode because it had to be there whereas Graduation was full of surprises and heart, just like the early eps.

I think they have the same theme. Family members confonting MAlcolm and seemingly being being jerks to him. Why? for his own good. They even end the same way. At then end when he can hear the birds and the music he seems to realize Dewey was right and be grateful for what he has. Same in graduation the second he quotes Paul Mcartney he is acknolwging to Lois that she was right. In both cases he learns the point he needs to stop proving how superior he is to everyone and just get on with his life as best he can like everybody else. Lois in the mud scene there is more to the world then proving how smart you are Or as Dewey put it stop trying to 'prove what a creepy little genius you are to everyone' or something similiar.

Can't you see in Ida's dance there is croatian flag, croatian coat of arms and even picture of zagreb cathedral in the wall?
    Why do you americans allways where is something slavic thinks it's from Russia or soviet union?