American Eagle Clothes in Season 7

Alfista Junior

I don't know if you've noticed it, but Malcolm and Reese have worn many times American Eagle Outfitters t-shirts.

For example: Reese had a "I got lit" t-shirt in Episode 721 and Malcolm worn a t-shirt which reads "Brewology 101" in a former episode.

This brand is not exported to Europe. What do you American people know and think about this brand?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
That shirt Reese wore in "Burning Man", the one that said "Mermaid lounge" on it...was that an American Eagle shirt?

Alfista Junior

@tjpeople: Actually I found the "brewology 101" tee shirt rather nice. I did a search on the web and I realized most of the clothes they wear are from AEO. Sometimes, you can see "american eagle" on them, but not all the time.
I bought today on the web the same tee shirt that Reese had, the one which reads "I got lit" on the back.:D :D

@TonyMontana: I'm not sure, I will check. When I get enough time, I will do a kind of report of all the AEO clothes on the 7th season.

rzombie1988

American Eagle is usually considered one of the preppy type stores. I don't like their clothes personally as they are harder to match, and always tight. Not to mention expensive.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Everyone likes them, but they are expensive. I just don't see the greatness in them. It's just a fad, I really don't care though.

Alfista Junior

J. said:
Everyone likes them, but they are pretty expensive. I just don't see the greatness in them. It's just a fad.

Really expensive? I don't know but on their website prices of tee shirts are around $20, wich is rather cheap compared with Quicksilver, Oxbow brands for example. You can easily pay $80 for a Quicksilver shirt, and that's expensive.
The same for pants. You pay double price for Levi's Jeans. Here it costs about $80.

Zethy

My first message on this forums, and my first message in english !

I also bought the t-shirt "I got lit" of American Eagle, on ebay at the same shop assistant like you Alfista ;)

I also found the t-shirt "Hurley ant farm" of Reese in episode "Kitty backs", but I found it in yellow and no in blue ...:(

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Hi Zethy, welcome to the forum! You can pm me, yardgames or J. if you have any questions. Have fun posting! :)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
That would explain why $20 seems really cheap to you guys. :D A $55 dollar one being cheap in the UK... It's all the damn conversitions and such... :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I have to admit I don't go for this clothes fads. I get stuff I like, wether it's "in" or not.
In fact, the most expensive shirt I own is a 19.99$ t shirt that has a picture of Fred Sanford on it and it says, "You Big Dummy" on the front.:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That tells a lot about you. :D When you get round to taking a digital pic of yourself make sure it's in that shirt.

Alfista Junior

lol about yardgames' joke.

I think the main difference between our two continents is that over here you can probably find a tee shirt in the range of $15-$20, but the quality is bad and it's 'unwearable' because it looks like nothing. But I wonder something: don't you guys wear american brands like quicksilver, oxbow, denim, billabong etc..?

Because in France for example (and in England too, I remember shopping in London some stuffs during a 30% sale, prices were as high as regular prices in France.. Funny, isn't it?), a good tee shirt is hard to find with a decent price.. And european brands are in the same range of prices.

Some shops begin to install, and you can find no-brand clothes quite 'in', but the quality is under average, and a tee shirt still remains above $20.

rzombie1988

Alfista Junior said:
lol about yardgames' joke.

I think the main difference between our two continents is that over here you can probably find a tee shirt in the range of $15-$20, but the quality is bad and it's 'unwearable' because it looks like nothing. But I wonder something: don't you guys wear american brands like quicksilver, oxbow, denim, billabong etc..?

Because in France for example (and in England too, I remember shopping in London some stuffs during a 30% sale, prices were as high as regular prices in France.. Funny, isn't it?), a good tee shirt is hard to find with a decent price.. And european brands are in the same range of prices.

Some shops begin to install, and you can find no-brand clothes quite 'in', but the quality is under average, and a tee shirt still remains above $20.

The quality of shirts in the $15-$20 range aren't bad at all. I have tons of them, and they last a long time. What I do is wait until there are sales, and then buy all the shirts for 1/2 or 1/3 of the price. The best time to get these sales are when the seasons change. Last year I ended up getting Southpole shirts for about $7-8 when the actual price is around $26. Plus this year, I ended up getting about 5 tracksuits for a little over $50 altogether, when the actual price would have been in the $150-$300 range.

Mostly skater type people buy quicksilver and billabong. Those shirts I've seen in the $25-40 dollar range.

Alfista Junior

Ok. That's weird..

PS: I made a huge mistake : Oxbow is a french brand... :eek: It's a brand for riders too.

That's also weird that Mitm finally made a deal with American Eagle after 6 years of partnership with Puma...