MITM eBay Stuff

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I went on there the other day and someone is selling the whole show on 28 dvds for 64.99$. Im seriously thinking of getting them if he still has them available. You guys think I should? Is it even legal?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Adam Smith, 1776 said basicly in "The Wealth of Nations": Buyer Beware! buy whatever you want, just don't blame the guy who sold it to you if if breaks/hurts you. Besides: it's only illeagal if you get caught. :D

samboo1

I know that if my dad would get an e-bay account :)mad: ) then i would of probably certainly of had loads of MITM merch! I always used to look at it, but my dad just wont get an account.Grr.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah, I don't really like buying on eBay because it is so easy to rip off or be ripped off, but if you get them, tell us about their quality and playability.

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
I went on there the other day and someone is selling the whole show on 28 dvds for 64.99$. Im seriously thinking of getting them if he still has them available. You guys think I should? Is it even legal?
Just to answer your question, it is illegal for someone to sell recorded episodes from TV and make a profit from the sale. The episodes are all copyrighted to FOX and as part of that copyright, episodes are allowed to be recorded for personal use from the original or syndicated broadcast but those recordings are not allowed to be sold for profit. I would guess that's most likely why the page was taken down from the E-bay link in the first post.

tony_montana said:

Being in the UK and not receiving sky one, I am unable to veiw any of the episodes more than once and would now be up to the finale of season 5, therefore, I took the risk an purchased, lets say 'an item', the aforesaid 'item' contains 1-6 and it cost GBP£20- ebay UK. The quality of the different aspects of the item varried, however all were perfectly watchable. There are lots of people selling the same 'item' at similar prices, some even lower on ebay.co.uk (do bear in mind additional p&p and the weak dollar against the immense strength of our pound [bit of patriotism]) so just look around.

With reference to the legality of purchasing 'pirated' items, I feel in the case, the sole reason this is taking place is due to the fact that Fox are so reluctant to release them on DVD, we'd all be perfectly happy to purchase them if they did, but they refuse!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Deweyrules! said:
With reference to the legality of purchasing 'pirated' items, I feel in the case, the sole reason this is taking place is due to the fact that Fox are so reluctant to release them on DVD, we'd all be perfectly happy to purchase them if they did, but they refuse!

Excellent point, Deweyrules. Look at the the money Fox is missing out on because they have forced us to turn elsewhere for the DVDs. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
You know what, J and Deweyrules! are right. If FOX won't release em on dvd, Im gonna get em some other way! Im going to Ebay tonight and Im going to buy seasons 2-7 from someone!:D Im willing to take the risk!

Tyno

Malcolm-France
Some Malcolm in the Middle's Emmys 2006 (and last years too) DVDs are on Ebay. And that's legal. :)

Alfista Junior

tony_montana said:
You know what, J and Deweyrules! are right. If FOX won't release em on dvd, Im gonna get em some other way! Im going to Ebay tonight and Im going to buy seasons 2-7 from someone!:D Im willing to take the risk!

I took the risk few weeks ago. But everything was fine. The problem is that Ebay doesn't allow sellers to put this kind of DVDs on sale anymore. After I bid, the item has been withdrawn, but I got it anyway!

Honestly I've no scruple to do that. If FOX wants to avoid that, they have just to release the DVDs and I will buy them. Otherwise, it's not my problem.

I also bought all the Emmy DVDs. It's funny but costly...

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Im surprised if they removed the Final Episode DVD? Cause that was legal.

PLEASE NOTE: The selling of seasons 2-7 is illegal, and its isnt allowed on ebay. HOWEVER, you will be fine outside USA, and probs OK inside USA but there IS a level of risk.

Also note that the quailty of episodes in season 2-4 wont be very good. They will be watchable but not good, (depends on tv size)

Also this sorta sale could easily be a scam, but to be fair most arnt.

MITMVC does not endorse buying of selling of these DVD's.

If however you *happened* to PM me, I would be able to advice on ways to get em for free. But you didnt hear it from me.........

Alfista Junior

Tyno said:
Some Malcolm in the Middle's Emmys 2006 (and last years too) DVDs are on Ebay. And that's legal. :)

Actually, it's not. "Not for sale. For consideration only" is mentioned on every Emmy DVD/VHS. But I've already bought all these DVDs/VHS from season 2 up to season 6 (Actually, S1,S2,S3 are VHS). But the Emmy VHS from the 1st season is scarce..

D

Deleted member 1693

...Has anyone actually played/bought the MITM board game? It looks childish but it could be fun.