Abe

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I made this thread because I started thinking about it, and none of us here ever really gave Abe credit for anythink funny on the show. Now that I thought about it, Abe provided many funny moments whenever he was on the show.
First off, I think Abe himself is funny because of the way he act(or acted, since Malcolm in finished). You guys may find this funny, but evertime I saw Abe, he reminded me of a overgrown...baby.:D It makes no sense, I know, but that's what I always think. My baby thought is aided by how Abe always seems to whine about stuff, like after Kitty left, he had to go to the Wilkersons for support and he just really acted babyish..which was funny.:D Other than a baby, whenever I saw Abe, I always thought of Barney the dinosaur.:D Abe, to me, is like the human version of Barney.
Anyway, Abe just had some funny moments on the show(like on the finale, when he was sitting with the boys in Malcolm/Reese/Dewey's room). I just want to give credit where credit is due, to Abe.:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends!

:) OK that was kinda scary.

Anyway, you're right--Abe always is an absolute joy to watch. I don't think he's a baby at all; he's just managed in the best way that he knows how. He's a very traditional man trying to live a non-traditional life. He's said that his father met Kitty's family and gave her family a ham to ask them permission to marry her. They've become very protective of Stevie, and what Abe's experiencing as a reaction is really just natural. He almost always gets along with Hal (with the exception of Poker) but Hal's Dentist reveals that he often has feuds with his other friends, and with the glue that's Malcolm and Stevie's friendship, Abe is naturally going to turn to Hal when he needs help.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I agree, Abe is great. And now that you mention it, I can see the Barney correlation. :D It's nice that he has such a good relationship with the family since Stevie and Malcolm are such close friends. I can see Malcolm and Stevie being just like Hal and Abe in 20 years. :D

I felt really bad for Abe when Kitty left, but I think in the long run, it was the best thing for both him and Stevie. It looks like they've done just fine (if not better) without her. I can't imagine someone totally walking out on their child though. :rolleyes:

I like Abe, but I often find he acts as a kind of Craig substitute, more pleasant than Craig as a person, but less funny. His relationship with Hal in season 5 is, at times disturbing.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I just remembered "Jury Duty"! Everyone remember when Abe and Hal were in the alley gripping about the murder and they started actually using stuff in the alley to illustrate their point, like standing on a milk basket and holding that knife up to each other?:D Man, that was funny!