Animated MITM

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I saw it on a commercial. It's true. On fox, May 1 some of it will be animated. I'll try to get more info about it. It was on the commercials for Ida's Dance. I saw it with my eyes.

-Wait. MITM's May 1st episode is stilts, while... we know that isn't animation.-

Maybe some of it will be animated. Because in the commercial says "something all new will be coming to MITM" And then it showed the whole family animation style, for half a second. Then the animation Reese said "hey cool, this is awesome" or something along those lines. I was really excited when I heard, there was some buzz on the fox fourms, but I accuatly saw the commercial.

What do you guys think?

Dewey

Minimalistic
Somebody metioned this on the Fox forum a couple of days ago. I've been unable to find anything on the web to back this up tough.

Maybe you are right J, animation may just be a one-off feature for a single episode as opposed to a who series as was the previous claim.

I guess whatever it is, we will just have to wait and see!

david195

It's all to do with Fox's Animation Domination programming. From how you've described the clip it sounds like it could be one of Dewey's imagination sequences like the one from 'Mini-Bike' where he has six arms.

MITM18

All I think it is, is for promo purposes.

No connection with the actual episode just to promote Animation Domination

Should have an answer soon though

ahelm13

FOX is calling Sunday night's "ANIMATION DOMINATION" because it is all animation except for Malcolm, which they call the "most animated live action sitcom" so no there won't be any animation, it's just a promotional thing for the simpsons 350th episode, new family guys, and new american dad's

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It is a clever rhyme though. Quite catch. Good move on Fox's part. Did Arrested Devlopment get formally cancelled now, or has it just ended for the season wtihout a new renewal?

SaD_bUt_TrUe16

even if they're not making an ep of mitm w/ animation i'd like to at leats see the commercial, y dont they show commercial's for next weeks show right after this one... instead of in american idol...but w/e... they might do an animation sequence just for fun... like on an ep of that 70's show they had like a minute or 2 of animation cuz they were comparing their life to scooby doo (i think it's something along those lines)...

ahelm13

Arrested Development is done for the season, and based on all of the things that happened on Sunday's episode (which was an absolutely amazing episode, so many conflicts that have been existing for a long time were solved in an absolutely hilarious way), I'm 95% sure it's not getting another season, but it hasn't been announced officially yet. I don't think it will be offically announced until the upfronts on May 19. In other news, the fox summer schedule should be released soon.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I watch fox a lot but I haven't seen it again yet. Maybe I just drew to a pre-mature conclusion. I saw the cast animated and supposed that it must be true,

"why would fox lie?" I thought, and animated can be used for lively, and rambunctious (I am the worst speller!) does describe MITM.

at least we got some discussion on it. :)

PecanSandies

I've only seen the American Dad versions of the ads (By the way, am I the ONLY person on the face of this planet who actually likes ADAD?), but I'd like to see the animated Malcolm ad because I'm curious to see the character design, because I draw cartoons and I've been working on a character design for Hal for a few weeks now.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Good luck!!

Please share it with us, i'd love to see a MITMVC Version of the family, you could draw them all for us, if you want to.

PecanSandies

I might, If I bring my sketchbook to my grandmother's house the next time I go. I don't have a scanner of my own, but she does. :)

admin

Retired Administrator
Characatures arent far off Animations, and on my internet travels I did find this characture of Justin Berflied.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Either my glasses need a new perscription (which was last filled in Febuary) or it looks like that characature of Reese has a bloody lip/chin.

PecanSandies

I saw the commercial and I was hoping for a fluid, streamlined character design, not the flat Flash Animation-ready thrown-together look that turned up (I'm getting so sick of that flat look).
They looked nothing like their human counterparts, either.