Video - Cast and Crew on the Set

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think they said "On mark" too. Why would they need A/B mark anyhow; it's supposedly one-camera, right?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Maybe it's a kind of soda or an ice cream or something? Erik likes treats like that just like Dewey. :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
great clip, thanks, would love to see more. sorry i missed your IM Alfista, but looks like translation is all sorted now. :D

I dont understand how these videos go out and about? Why vhs? why would people have them?

note: Im happy to host any videos like this.

Alfista Junior

I've just uploaded 2 videos :
Those are in better quality. I've reencoded the first one, the one I called Paycheck.

http://kaloux.free.fr/Dailies/HR06-Paycheck_High.wmv 7.86Mb, 0:52

Here's a new one:

http://kaloux.free.fr/Dailies/HR06-PlayingMusic_High.wmv 16.5Mb, 1:52

@yardgames: It appears that sometimes there are two cameras.
Watch that one : http://kaloux.free.fr/Dailies/HR06-AmarkBmark_High.wmv

@tjpeople: Those clips are supposed to enable the editors to select the good takes. Modern Videofilm is the company which turns the films into a VHS or a DVD.

Please read carefully: Always select "Save the target as". A login and password will be asked:
LOGIN: user
PASSWORD: mitm2

yardgames

Retired Administrator
After hearing it in that quality, I would definitely say it was "On mark." Maybe rather than A Mark/B Mark, he meant On Mark in the sense, On your mark, get set, go! :D But you're right, they definitely say A and B in the last.

I'm having a few issues playing the new one, but I'll post a transcript once I get it to work. THANKS!

Alfista Junior

yardgames said:
After hearing it in that quality, I would definitely say it was "On mark." Maybe rather than A Mark/B Mark, he meant On Mark in the sense, On your mark, get set, go! :D But you're right, they definitely say A and B in the last.

I'm having a few issues playing the new one, but I'll post a transcript once I get it to work. THANKS!

I just rewatched another part of the VHS, I can clearly hear "On mark" when it's a single camera take. Sorry for having doubted.

Tell me what problem you have with the new one...

Concerning the transcript, here's what I've understood:

- Your **** is right after the um, the bips. Bip, bip, bip, bip ,bip, ... Okay?
- And reset!
- Ready and **** Erik please.!
- And Playback!
Bip (x8)
- Up down, up, down, right, left, right, left...
- Alright, let's cut.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Thanks Alfista Junior. I'm having trouble playing the second one too. I keep getting a message that says "Windows Media Player cannot play this file because it is corrupted." I have no idea what could be the problem. It appears to be in the correct format. :confused:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I had the same message. I donwloaded it manually and it worked. Here's my transcript.

--Your entrance is right after the, uh,
--seasonville.
--beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, du-duh-du-da, ok?
--And all set. Ready?
--And, let's see.
--Erik, ready, please. Thank you.
--And, playback.

[beep, beep] [music]

--up, down, down, right, right.
--Christopher?
--Down, down, up, down, right, left, down, right, up, down, left, right, left, right, down, left, right, up, down, left, left, ok, go! Up, down, up, down, left, right.
--Ok, let's cut it.
--Ready.
--Ok, let's start again.
[beep][music]
--Left, up, down, right, left, left, right.
--Christopher?
--Up, down, up, down, right, left, right, left, left, down, right, left, up...

[a very bored-looking Erik]

--Good, and cut.

Admittedly, the directions were hard to keep up with, but I think I got them all. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Everytime I see these behind-the-camera things, it always looks like Erik is the one having the least fun doing the show. I wonder why.:confused:
Anyway, thanks Alfista Junior for posting these. They are great. I always love seeing these behind the scenes and shooting the show type things.:)

ReMoss85

tony_montana said:
Everytime I see these behind-the-camera things, it always looks like Erik is the one having the least fun doing the show. I wonder why.:confused:
Probably because he's 10 (ish) and doesn't have the patience for standing around for hours at a time that the others do. Although he found a way to cope with the standing around in that music clip (the grooving to the music).

Alfista Junior

@tonymontana: Honestly, I think Erik is the one who's having much more fun. On the last video, I think he tried to focus at the begining. But you see at the end he started dancing: Few actors are doing stuffs like that during a take.. And remember the first video.

You will see sometimes Jane and Bryan are bored during the takes.

@Yardgames: Thanks for your great job. But what does 'seasonville' mean?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
It was nothing against Erik(what I said about him seeming to be having no fun). In fact, I think Erik was one of the most talented people on the whole show, and as a whole, he is more talented than many of today's other young "actors".:)

Alfista Junior

My last post wasn't defensive ;) . Sorry if you misinterpret it. I mean, I thought he was not as bored as we could imagine on this take when I watched the entire two VHS. But I'm not a fan of Erik in particular...I just love the show.:)

wando

that clip is excellent!
thank you soooo much!

yeh, i suppose erik does look a little bored. the sun is blaring down, there is no one to talk to, well not really like frankie or justin. and the second time he does look like he enjoying himself with a little dance!

Alfista Junior

Ok, I know you all enjoyed the latest clips, so have a look on those! ;)

I like this one because they are really having fun.
http://kaloux.free.fr/Dailies/HR06-AlternativeJoke_High.wmv 18.7Mb, 2:08

Frankie and Erik have played this game quite a few times.
http://kaloux.free.fr/Dailies/HR06-GrabbingClapboard_High.wmv 1.5Mo, 0:05

Interessing to see Justin and Erik are replaced by crew members, because Reese and Dewey are supposed to be off camera, so they're not needed:
http://kaloux.free.fr/Dailies/HR06-JaneForgetting_High.wmv 8.39Mo, 0:56

Reminder:

LOGIN:user
PWD:mitm2

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, those are great! Thanks Alfista, this is so much fun!!

2nd one:
--And, on mark.
--Ready, and action.

The other two are taking longer to download; I'll get a transcript as soon as it lets me watch them.

Alfista Junior

Thanks yardgames, but you can take your time. I'm not pressed.

So, I already did a part of the job ( I think a major part is good but.. )

-A mark!
-B mark!
-And reset.
-Ready and Action!
-Oh oh, here comes Ginger.
-It's five o'clock in the morning. You've been up all night.
-Honey, I know you think this is silly and I'm just gone off the deep end again. But this isn't like the other times. I have a gift Lois and it would be wrong for me to turn my back on that.
-Alright, I see where *** (?) we're faced to (?), which is fine as long as YOU follow the rules. You have to show up for work. You have to eat, Hal, three meals a day. You cannot involve any of the children..
-And you're freezing the joined account.
-I did it last week. Good night Fred, Ginger.
-Why *** I Ginger?
-What the fuck is that all about?
-Hey, look, I'm sorry.
-A mark!
-B mark!
-..middle of the night to do that, and some, you know, my mom came ***
-I will end up here.
-Excellent!
-So is she just ****
-She'e been around now, but she was. Yeah.
-Move **** and Set!
-Ready and Action!
-Why *** Ginger?
-You say 'Why am I Ginger?'.
-Why am I Ginger.
-I wanted to be Ginger. Wasn't that in another.. -I wanted to be Ginger.
-I want to be Marian.
-You are Marian.
-And Action!
-Why am I Ginger?
-Cut it!

By the way, I really enjoy this clip.;) And you?