Cancelling the Password Change Could Keep the Users

Alfista Junior

Sometimes it's wearisome to have to change my password often.
Maybe admins could disable this option in order not to discourage old users to come back.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I've actually never had to change mine. :D I think that's a security feature built in for inactive or new members to ensure no one's username is used by someone else.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
You have to change your password evry 3 months or something as far as im aware everyone has to do it. Maybe not mods.

I agree if david could change it, it would be good.

Alfista Junior

I often receive a warning telling me my password has expired. And when you don't remember your password, you are tempted to give up..

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I see. I don't have permission to change that so we'll have to wait for Davey Boy's opinion on this one. :)

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Alfista Junior said:
I often receive a warning telling me my password has expired. And when you don't remember your password, you are tempted to give up..

I just got that again the other night. It's really annoying. Hopefully David can change it. And you're right, that could be why so many members aren't posting any more.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Good point, all the unfortunate members with crappy dial-up Internet would be put off by that, although Broadband has its fair share of slow periods too :mad:

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I have cable and sometimes the site takes forever to load for me too. Most of the time it runs fine though, but I can imagine that it would be frustrating for dial up users.

Isn't there a feature where you can have your password emailed to you if you forget it?

han_keep_smilin

coincidence!
thats strange i just logged on and it came up that my password has expired please change it:D are we supposed to change it?i dont i type the same one in.:)

Amigo22

Super Moderator
han_keep_smilin said:
coincidence!
thats strange i just logged on and it came up that my password has expired please change it:D are we supposed to change it?i dont i type the same one in.:)

I type in the same one too. It's so much easiser than going through the annoying process if I forget it. Some of the inactive members probably still visit as guests to view the posts.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
As is ais it comes up very few months - and thats the only time it should do for most people. Otherwise something going wrong. I just use the same pass.