Discontinuation of the main VC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
It is a good idea, but I think TJ's probably right. The currency coversions would be confusing for everyone and I doubt we'd raise enough because it's likely that only a handful of members would actually donate. I don't think the site will be hard to find once it moves. David will just leave re-directs to the new page.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, I was making a suggestion. I thought it would make things a lot more simpler for everyone involved.
Whatever you guys decide to do is fine by me.:)

admin

Retired Administrator
Essentially there just aren't enough people here willing to donate for that to occur. If all 1000+ gave then that would be great, but at best I doubt anymore than 5 of you would consider - that still leaves a massive amount of money. The reason I am giving up the server is not lack of money anyway, it is simply lack of time.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I understand completely.:) Like I stated, whatever you mods decide to do will be fine by me. Maybe we can revamp this whole website and change the look and everything(if we have those resources).

Alfista Junior

tony_montana said:
I understand completely.:) Like I stated, whatever you mods decide to do will be fine by me. Maybe we can revamp this whole website and change the look and everything(if we have those resources).

I think it's not a bad idea to restructure the website in order to be more concise. But the problem is when you change all that stuffs it takes time to retreive the same influx. You lose users ans some other take time to come back. And considering the show has been cancelled it's pretty dangerous. But if you do that I advise you not to have the website unavailable too long... Just my opinion, but in France the website has been hacked some months ago and it was a bad time for the admins because a lot of people never come back.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
We are currently in the process of transferring stuff now. Gallery is basically done. Not all the images are up yet, but they will be soon.

For those interested mitmgallery.tjpeople.com

Note that we will probs have malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery redirecting to that links, coause its better.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Holy crap, TJ-is it just me, or do the pics load REALLY fast on your site? :D When you get done transferring everything you may want to make 2 menus for season 7 since graduation is still being cut off at the bottom. Thanks for volunteering your time an efforts to move the site! :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Well i dunno, maybe it is faster, couldnt say really. I think i have trnadsfered all images now. If you could check id be glad in case i missed some. I could make 2 sections but you can drag the menu about, something i just discovered.

Kratos

For some reason the main page for this site is gone and the "hosted by lycos" comes up :confused: Is this the deleting you guys have talked about?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Oh dear....thats 2 thing either david is in the middle of changing stuff around, or he has stopped paying and therefore they aint hsoting anymore.

You can find the main site at www.mitm.tjpeople.com

malcolminthemiddle.co.uk should link to the forum soon.

Ryebeach

tjpeople said:
Oh dear....thats 2 thing either david is in the middle of changing stuff around, or he has stopped paying and therefore they aint hsoting anymore.

You can find the main site at www.mitm.tjpeople.com

malcolminthemiddle.co.uk should link to the forum soon.
Thanks for the link, TJ. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The VC is now on TJ's servers and the URL redirects to the forums. So I guess we officially won't be seeing Davey Boy anymore?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I hardly every saw him here. And he's the creator of this site!:eek:
Anyways, is the main page a little different? When I first got on earlier, the first page looked....different.

It seems the same to me Tony, maybe its your eyes :D
Admin/David used to always be online, I guess he's moved on from MITM, while the rest of us can't let go :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Right the transistion is basically complete. The main url, now links to the news portal or front page forum. (lets call its site) the old main voting community is now a subsiduary site that can be linked to from the tool bar at the top. This is the main site. when people google malcolm they come here. this should increase people comming to the forum and joining.

The next stage is to make more features for this site. media section and FAQ and anything else.

We could build up the FAQ with the thread in Wilkerson Times, if people just pose questions and then we all try to answer if we can, we'd get a pretty substantial section.

Status
Not open for further replies.