Discontinuation of the main VC - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Discontinuation of the main VC

Default Re: Discontinuation of the main VC

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    Good to see you back, David. It's a shame you've been so busy--find some time to watch the finale!!

What is it that costs 100 Euro a year, the software to run the VC or the plan that you've purchased for it? I'm all for whatever you guys seem to have worked out. I've fallen behind in updating the main VC with the AP test I took last week. Oddly enough I was going to start writing summaries again this afternoon, so let me know if I should bother once you all have this worked out.
    We still use pound sterling in the UK, its a signficantly stronger currently than the euro

You should continue to update, since we will transfer the entire database over. The forums will remain on this server Wildcat, which is my own personal one (cybersplat.co.uk) therefore they be safe for quite a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    We still use pound sterling in the UK, its a signficantly stronger currently than the euro
    (off topic: )Alright UK! Fight the power of big EU-ness. You guys aren't in the EU, the last time I checked, right? Slovania and Latvia(sp?) were asked/asking to join recently, I think.

(on-topic: ) I have to agree with Christina, I'd too rather have the fourms then the VC. The Gallery is a nice thing to have, too. Thanks for offering to keep part of MITM's best website alive, TJ.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

Its no problem. When we talk about moving, it will litterally be an exact copy so even if the forum moved (which they aint gunna) it would be identical. So go ahead as usual, wheh we transfer it there will be a little down time, depends hows things go, but apart from that you wont notice much except for change in domain of the forum.

The major change you will notice is that 'cybersplat' domain will be no more, becuase it will be replaced with malcolminthemiddle.co.uk as far and the VC is concerned. Ill sort things out with david now, and keep you updated on whaen things are gunna happen.
    Need help? Email Me Here

I'll probably just redirect the MITM domain name rather than change my server to it.

J. we are in the EU we just don't want to join the euro yet (if at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    The main VC is awesome, but I would rather see that go than the forums.
    Yeh. I agree the main vc is great but i do use the forums more than that

£100! thats steep for a website i neer knew it cost that much to run a website!

Reese: Well today my mom lost her mind

@David- still, fight the euro then. (hehe)
    The jerk formerly known as J.

i like to stay to the pound it is much better

Since all this technical moving-around-the-websites-so-no-body-can-find-them-agian crap is confusing, I have a much simpler plan that will work IF and only if everyone isn't too greedy-
    David can give us a bank account or whatever he uses for his financial holdings and we can all(here comes the don't be greedy part) CHIP IN and keep everything exactly as it is right now. Now, before anyone says something like that's too expensive, think about it: we have over 1,000 members here. Now, we may not be able to get in touch with all of them(I know some of them have left and haven't been here for over a year), but we can probably send mass emails out about the situation and we can probably get around 100 or so members to respond and chip in. I think if everyone chipped in maybe around the area of 1-2 dollars(or maybe 3 Euros/Pounds), we can keep everything exactly as it is right now. I don't think that's asking too much. Im willing to do it and chip in. Who's with me?

good i dea but how would other coutnries give the money i mean you use dollers so you would have to convert it or would you just put it right onto the acount?

Why bother? a) we will never raise it b) the £100 quid is a complete rip off so he's better off not paying anymore. C) im free.
    Need help? Email Me Here