'Malcolm' mom loving to the end

MITM18

'Malcolm' mom loving to the end

"You're Not the Boss of Me" is the title -- and the pounding, wailing refrain -- of the theme song from Fox's no-bed-of-roses family sitcom "Malcolm in the Middle."

The lyric by They Might Be Giants is a taunt among siblings in the process of tormenting each other. But there never was a question among the series' characters who really was the boss of that household. It was always Lois.

Mother's Day marks the end of "Malcolm in the Middle," the series whose midseason 2000 debut had critics and viewers buzzing about the quirky kid who talks to the camera and the mom who shaves the dad's back in the kitchen........................

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/local/states/california/14571496.htm

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It's nice to see that so many publications are taking a moment to honor MITM on its way out. Thanks MITM18. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Jane is a great tv mom AND a great mom in real life as well. She's going to be missed by me, for sure. And read that one part of the article-6 emmy nominations but no wins....injustice.:mad:
On a lighter note, I read on Bryan Cranston's website that the thing he'll miss the most is "the sex with my fake tv wife.":D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Thanks for the article MITM18.

I knew Jamie was played by twins, but I didn't realise they both were boys - I thought they were boy and girl judging by the length of Jamie's hair this season.