Other MITM Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
As shocking as it may sound i visit other MITM forums! none are as good as this one obviously.

They do have their merit tho.
www.malcolm-mittendrin.com (german site with forums) has an english section a news sections and some nice downloads, also a quite active forum the german sections busy not the english thought.

also i have recently discover the www.malcolm-france.com/forums the (french site obviosuly) which is all in french but not a problem as i just use a translator.

there is also the offical forums and tvtome and skyone.

Both the german and french sites have a much large membership than we have and are quite active but not as much as us. the french site had a air of justion bernfeild obsession but still good. also the video clip idea has gone far as the site admin has also made a clip which is good. i have posted in all these forums aither answering questions/dicussing but allways referancing mitmvc in a big way.

what about u guys?

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I posted a thread on this a while back, but none of the other forums are as good as the MITMVC ones are. I don't go to other MITM forums much and I hardly ever post at them.

admin

Retired Administrator
tjpeople said:
As shocking as it may sound i visit other MITM forums! none are as good as this one obviously.

They do have their merit tho.
www.malcolm-mittendrin.com (german site with forums) has an english section a news sections and some nice downloads, also a quite active forum the german sections busy not the english thought.

also i have recently discover the www.malcolm-france.com/forums the (french site obviosuly) which is all in french but not a problem as i just use a translator.

there is also the offical forums and tvtome and skyone.

Both the german and french sites have a much large membership than we have and are quite active but not as much as us. the french site had a air of justion bernfeild obsession but still good. also the video clip idea has gone far as the site admin has also made a clip which is good. i have posted in all these forums aither answering questions/dicussing but allways referancing mitmvc in a big way.

what about u guys?
Thats very good of you tj, its certainly an idea, and if our non-english speaking membership increases dramatically we can always insert language boards.

I shouldn't worry about membership, ours is constantly rising, by the day now, especially since the closure of the MITM at Carrigon's website.

We actually do have more members than the French website, they have 184 we have 193 :D

Eventually we shall beat Malcolm Mittendrin, but remember they have both been around alot longer than we have, infact they were both around before the MITMVC, which has over 1,300 members now.

I personally prefer not to advertise something I've made as it seems a little odd me going round saying look at this great site i made, it is infact better for you guys to do it, because you are the uesrs.

We have had a few threads like this, but as Amigo22 says, there are a few forums around but all have poor chat quality and others have poor layout (FOX/TVTOME). In some forums you have to wait hours if not days to get an answer if any, at least here (depending on the time of day) you can expect an answer pretty swiftly

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I agree with admin. We have 193 members. But only 12-20 of them are really active. Those 180 other people just sit and watch us talk about MITM. we al have good posts here. (except for those congradulatory little blurbs that I and some people do) We have that lively attitude. And because of the time difference, you can't miss a seinor member who can do something to try to help you.

To those 180-some members:
Don't be afraid to post here, I did it over 100 times, I'm ok. I have no illness now. At least try to post, you have an opionion, we want to hear it.

Ok after I did that little thing to the non-posters, I feel much better now, been keeping that in for the right moment;)

admin

Retired Administrator
I quick count and a bit o maths, shows that 29% of our members have made at least 1 post. That isn't bad, most forums have about 20-40% of people actually chatting, know one knows what the others do.

allison

Besides this forum I only frequent the german Mitm forum (www.malcolm-mittendrin.com ). I think they´re both great, but I even prefer this one. The other forum has a huge picture gallery of all cast members and some downloads from other shows they starred in, but this forum here is great because you get a lot of information about the show. There are also a lot of great features like the rating system, the journals and things like that. And it´s getting even better since everyone makes a contribution to the forum.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, I'm glad we have such a nice big fan base, because I love to read your opinions and reply to them. We've had some real good, thought-provoking conversation here. Keep it up everyone!

admin

Retired Administrator
On average we have about 10 answers to every thread, thats pretty impressive considering some forums there are none.

Status
Not open for further replies.