Underrated

reese35

I may have said something like this in another thread, but if I were in charge...
  1. PROMOTIONS-PROMOTIONS-PROMOTIONS. On-network and off-.
  2. That entire Friday the 12th, it'd be an All-Malcolm Friday night. Starting at 8/7 central, Pilot (DVD version), Traffic Jam, Monkey, Zoo.
  3. Sunday the 14th, 7/6 c-m, Baby (p1/2) Vegas, Reese Comes Home, Burning Man, and the Final Episode of Malcolm ever.
Seriously, any network could have treated Malcolm better than the way Fox is treating it now!I could've pictured Malcolm on any of the other Big Networks, most notably NBC, since it shows some of their shows in Widescreen (it could've done that). I don't know about Canada and Global, but I saw Malcolm as more of a Citytv show.

reese35

Well, I'm just watching the That 70's Show retrospective when I saw a promo for Sunday night. "Evolution of Comedy," they call it. A few seconds of Malcolm finale. Well... least they're getting their priorities straight.

3 MUMMY-SCRATCHIN' DAYS BEFORE THE NIGHT!

Malcoholic

tony_montana said:
So let me get this straight...WB promotes Malcolm, a show that's not even THEIRS, yet FOX doesn't give Malcolm anything...huh.:confused:
I assume the reason for this is that Malcolm episodes compete better with other sitcoms in syndication than they do in Fox's broadcasts of original episodes. In the Nielsen Ratings for syndicated programs, for the year ending Aug. 2005, Malcolm was the fourth highest-rated sitcom; the only higher-rated sitcoms were "Everybody Loves Raymond," "Seinfeld," and "Friends." Malcolm's rating in syndication was slightly higher than "That 70's Show" (3.1 vs 3.0). The ratings are listed in the 2006 World Almanac, page 279. Overall, the highest syndication ratings go to game shows and talk shows.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Oh and Reese35-Have you seen any promotion yet? I haven't seen ANY where I live. My FOX station is mainly ignoring Malcolm's finale, which is starting(or already is) pissing me off.:mad:

reese35

OK... see above ^ or below \/. :D

reese35 said:
Well, I'm just watching the That 70's Show retrospective when I saw a promo for Sunday night. "Evolution of Comedy," they call it. A few seconds of Malcolm finale. Well... least they're getting their priorities straight.

3 MUMMY-SCRATCHIN' DAYS BEFORE THE NIGHT!
That was on Thursday. I wouldn't know about localized finale promotion, though...

I don't understand Fox's attitude, you keep referencing 'That 70's Show', not on British terrestrial (free) television, whereas Malcolm in the Middle has a large fan following internationally. Similarly, Family Guy (love the show- 2nd best to mitm) was shown briefly in Britain, but at a very late time slot and has subsequently stopped, yet it is still availble to purchase up to season 4 on DVD. Basically I'm harking back to that age old plight of many an mitm fan- when will you release those bloody dvd's?