Who's smarter? Dewey or Malcolm? - Page 9
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store




Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 124

Thread: Who's smarter? Dewey or Malcolm?

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35

    Default




    Quote Originally Posted by Alle View Post
    While Malcolm may have been aware of his circumstances to start with in "Army Buddy", his callowness is what made him lose sight of the fact that Dewey was toying with his pride. Manipulation doesn't always imply that the victim is unaware of whats happening to them.

    In "A.A." after doing all they can to persuade Dewey to surrender the car-key to them, they were so desperate for it, precious time was running out, Reese and Malcolm didn't think to explore the possibility that Dewey may be lying to them, which he did. As fun as time at the arcade might have been, he clearly was enjoying himself with his mindgames.

    The situation in "Blackout" was that something very simple was denied to him. He only wanted freaking cereal for dinner one evening, only Hal had other ideas superseding Dewey's. So upon learning that everyone had different, conflicting plans, he took matters into his own hands and spiked Reese's food. One would have thought that they realized by now that snubbing Dewey and rubbing his face in it carries its own penalties.

    Dewey has evolved from the cute, credulous family underdog, to the most formidable master of psychological warfare ever born. He puts everyone in the shade. Never f**k with Dewey.
    what's important to malcolm isn't whats important to dewey, malcolm knew he was trading in his dignity/self respect but just because he has a 165+ iq doesn't mean he still wasn't 17, kids need money and unfortunately we never get to see dewey at that girl crazed stage in his life, we see maybe the beginning of the beginnings of it. the manipulation i talk about wanting to see can never happen to malcolm, reese is the perfect example of what malcolm would need to be for the dewey/malcolm manipulation i want because dewey/reese manipulation is what i want just interchanged with malcolm. it can never be possible because malcolm is just too smart and doesn't even trust dewey enough for any superior manipulation to occur.

    in a.a they're just teenagers who want the car, NOW, dewey was only 12 or 13 (12 in the beginning of the sixth season, pearl harbor). i'm sure once dewey were to turn 15 or 16+ he'd be just as "crazy" as malcolm and reese are about the car. also he has the ability to play his mind games because his whole family still underestimates him every chance they get, he was born into a family of (then) 4 and with little money or parent supervision he had to find his own definition of fun.

    in blackout drugging the whole family was thanks to reese, dewey was just bumbed and looking for revenge and luckily was at the right place at the right time to learn and develop his next move. yes he did one up his own family and outsmart them but then again reese confessed to have done the same thing and we all know reese is a bit slow.

    he has evolved by being a student and taking a backseat to his brothers while secretly honing his skills. in the later season we get a chance to watch him exact revenge on his family for the years he's been taking advantage of and dismissed. his finely crafted schemes are made possible by the families ability to still dismiss his capabilities, thats what makes him such a dangerous enemy.
    Last edited by backfence; Jul 22, 2007 at 11:29 PM.


    it's not god dewey, it's just my crappy car, although in a larger sense i suppose he could have helped out my career a bit from time to time. thrown a promotion my way once in a while, so you're right maybe it is god!
    hal

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4

    Default

    i think dewey is smart in a cunning way than malcom
    [c=25][b][50 %] HuStLeR.. [50 %] SoCcEr PlAyA :thumbup1:

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Hi lil_hustler, welcome to the MITMVC. We look forward to hearing your thoughts. You can pm me, tjpeople or yardgames if you have questions.
    .

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backfence View Post
    what's important to malcolm isn't whats important to dewey, malcolm knew he was trading in his dignity/self respect but just because he has a 165+ iq doesn't mean he still wasn't 17, kids need money and unfortunately we never get to see dewey at that girl crazed stage in his life, we see maybe the beginning of the beginnings of it. the manipulation i talk about wanting to see can never happen to malcolm, reese is the perfect example of what malcolm would need to be for the dewey/malcolm manipulation i want because dewey/reese manipulation is what i want just interchanged with malcolm. it can never be possible because malcolm is just too smart and doesn't even trust dewey enough for any superior manipulation to occur.

    in a.a they're just teenagers who want the car, NOW, dewey was only 12 or 13 (12 in the beginning of the sixth season, pearl harbor). i'm sure once dewey were to turn 15 or 16+ he'd be just as "crazy" as malcolm and reese are about the car. also he has the ability to play his mind games because his whole family still underestimates him every chance they get, he was born into a family of (then) 4 and with little money or parent supervision he had to find his own definition of fun.

    in blackout drugging the whole family was thanks to reese, dewey was just bumbed and looking for revenge and luckily was at the right place at the right time to learn and develop his next move. yes he did one up his own family and outsmart them but then again reese confessed to have done the same thing and we all know reese is a bit slow.

    he has evolved by being a student and taking a backseat to his brothers while secretly honing his skills. in the later season we get a chance to watch him exact revenge on his family for the years he's been taking advantage of and dismissed. his finely crafted schemes are made possible by the families ability to still dismiss his capabilities, thats what makes him such a dangerous enemy.

    Dewey has different tactics in dealing with certain people. Malcolm may not trust him, but as you say, he doesn't take him seriously either, much to his detriment. All those times Dewey had an advantage over him, Malcolm should have learned that giving an inch to his younger brother is not a good idea. Dewey will always some how find some weakness of Malcolm's to exploit.

    I've no doubt he will have the same needs of his brothers once he reaches that age, but if he keeps his head, he won't make the same stupid mistakes as them. By the way, I do believe he turned twelve in season seven. Lois vaguely mentioned Dewey as being ten or eleven in "Chad's Sleepover". While having his family largely ignore him is something of a mixed blessing, he still handled himself in them situations in such a manner that it evoked admiration in those that witnessed it.

    While Reese was the one that stupidly gave away the recipe of his plan in "Blackout" in Dewey's presence, Malcolm should have too realized that Dewey might either betray them to Hal and Lois, or do something to his own design. At any rate Malcolm is just as guilty as Reese for that indiscretion.

    The fact that his family consistantly ignore and dismiss him makes it all the more easier for Dewey to exact his revenge at leisure. I'm sure that after a while he would find them less of a challenge because they're too stupid to learn their lesson.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alle View Post
    Dewey has different tactics in dealing with certain people. Malcolm may not trust him, but as you say, he doesn't take him seriously either, much to his detriment. All those times Dewey had an advantage over him, Malcolm should have learned that giving an inch to his younger brother is not a good idea. Dewey will always some how find some weakness of Malcolm's to exploit.

    I've no doubt he will have the same needs of his brothers once he reaches that age, but if he keeps his head, he won't make the same stupid mistakes as them. By the way, I do believe he turned twelve in season seven. Lois vaguely mentioned Dewey as being ten or eleven in "Chad's Sleepover". While having his family largely ignore him is something of a mixed blessing, he still handled himself in them situations in such a manner that it evoked admiration in those that witnessed it.

    While Reese was the one that stupidly gave away the recipe of his plan in "Blackout" in Dewey's presence, Malcolm should have too realized that Dewey might either betray them to Hal and Lois, or do something to his own design. At any rate Malcolm is just as guilty as Reese for that indiscretion.

    The fact that his family consistantly ignore and dismiss him makes it all the more easier for Dewey to exact his revenge at leisure. I'm sure that after a while he would find them less of a challenge because they're too stupid to learn their lesson.
    reese is the stupid one always in trouble, malcolm is the smart one with the personal life issues, jamie is the baby, fracis is out of the house and dewey is?
    dewey has been forgotten, atleast when he was the youngest he still got some attention but basically when jamie made an appearance dewey's character shifted from the little cute one to the master of revenge. dewey has taken it upon himself to make sure that jamie will not be forgotten by his parents, to make sure that they'll "remember" to remember they have another kid who maybe needs their help too.

    whether it's a good thing that dewey was forgotten or whether it will later turn out into a bad thing we'll never know but for the last couple seasons it was fun watching him scheme and take revenge when he feels slighted.
    it's not god dewey, it's just my crappy car, although in a larger sense i suppose he could have helped out my career a bit from time to time. thrown a promotion my way once in a while, so you're right maybe it is god!
    hal

  6. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backfence View Post
    reese is the stupid one always in trouble, malcolm is the smart one with the personal life issues, jamie is the baby, fracis is out of the house and dewey is?
    dewey has been forgotten, atleast when he was the youngest he still got some attention but basically when jamie made an appearance dewey's character shifted from the little cute one to the master of revenge. dewey has taken it upon himself to make sure that jamie will not be forgotten by his parents, to make sure that they'll "remember" to remember they have another kid who maybe needs their help too.
    I know who they all are.


    whether it's a good thing that dewey was forgotten or whether it will later turn out into a bad thing we'll never know but for the last couple seasons it was fun watching him scheme and take revenge when he feels slighted.
    Why would you think it would be a good thing for him to be forgotten?

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35

    Default

    if i didn't make certain references to episodes or bring my point across my posts would be two lines with no examples or episode summary to back them up.

    well considering how francis turned out maybe it's best his parents "forget" about him, it may give him a chance to be normal in the future.
    it's not god dewey, it's just my crappy car, although in a larger sense i suppose he could have helped out my career a bit from time to time. thrown a promotion my way once in a while, so you're right maybe it is god!
    hal

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backfence View Post
    if i didn't make certain references to episodes or bring my point across my posts would be two lines with no examples or episode summary to back them up.

    well considering how francis turned out maybe it's best his parents "forget" about him, it may give him a chance to be normal in the future.

    We get it. Lois and Hal are the worst parents ever in the history of everything.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35

    Default

    you obviously don't get it if you say that.
    it's not god dewey, it's just my crappy car, although in a larger sense i suppose he could have helped out my career a bit from time to time. thrown a promotion my way once in a while, so you're right maybe it is god!
    hal

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backfence View Post
    if i didn't make certain references to episodes or bring my point across my posts would be two lines with no examples or episode summary to back them up.

    well considering how francis turned out maybe it's best his parents "forget" about him, it may give him a chance to be normal in the future.

    I'm sorry but I don't think I take your meaning. To forget about anyone of their own children would defeat the object of them becoming good parents. It would certanly render your other argument of Lois' and Hal's lack of parenting skills a contradiction in terms if you advocate this. Also, that argument should be discussed in the appropriate thread. This one is about how Malcolm and Dewey compare to each other.

Similar Threads

  1. Getting/got for Christmas?
    By tony_montana in forum Tiki Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
  2. Sky Three for Freeview - Malcolm a possibility?
    By admin in forum News & Announcements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2005, 07:35 AM
  3. Season 7 the final season?
    By Dina91 in forum The Wilkerson Times
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2005, 01:18 PM
  4. Favorite Episode From Each Season
    By packer-backer in forum The Wilkerson Times
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Sep 7, 2005, 05:29 PM
  5. Monty Python
    By MITM18 in forum Reese's Apartment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2005, 02:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •