Wilkerson Floorplan
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilkerson Floorplan

Default Wilkerson Floorplan

Well, I did a little searching and found my floorplan. Turns out I couldn't find the physical sheet of paper because I had already scanned it into my computer. It was called Wilkerson Floorplan--imagine that!

So I've got two of them for you. The first is a basic floorplan that just shows walls. The second I actually put "furniture" in the house and added doors and things--if you can call it that; more or less I added a couple of labels and a few geometric shapes.

Anyhow, the traditional door symbol denotes a door. There's two series of dashed lines. The first is by the front door, and denotes the porch area. The second is in the master bedroom, and denotes the wall of the master bedroom before the nursery was added in late season 4.

If you're interested, I started out with a general draft of the house, then watched clips from a whole bunch of episodes before I finally figured things out. They actually seem to move furniture around a bit, so I took the best/general sort of configuration for the one in which I included the furniture. The hardest part was figuring out that they had both a lounge and a living room, which I never realized until I tried to do this.

So here they are--enjoy.

And leave me any comments you might have.

Default Re: Wilkerson Floorplan

good work..what are they for?

That's awesome Sam! I had a general idea of the layout of the house, but you've obviosuly spend a lot of time confirming all this in the eps. Just one thing--I always thought that the secret bathroom was a "closet" in or near the living room. It seems kind of weird that they would put a bathroom right beside another bathroom. Anyway, nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    That's awesome Sam! I had a general idea of the layout of the house, but you've obviosuly spend a lot of time confirming all this in the eps. Just one thing--I always thought that the secret bathroom was a "closet" in or near the living room. It seems kind of weird that they would put a bathroom right beside another bathroom. Anyway, nice job!

I agree, I'm sure in that episode you see Lois putting the stuff on the kitchen table... and later you see Dewey at the table playing that game with the sticks and Lois is in the background pulling stuff out of the "room".

Its really handy floor plan tho... for years I assumed the boys room was on the other side *doh!* but I like it!

Reese; "Oh, man. Two guys as your parents, that house has gotta be a dudes paradise."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    Really? I always thought it was like a master bathroom attached to the master bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    Really? I always thought it was like a master bathroom attached to the master bedroom.
    No, it's the closet by the front door

But great job tho

Great job there! Ive always wanted to see something like that. The house is bigger than i had it in my head...i always think that the living room and lounge are the same room...
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

So is there nothing in the lounge? I remember seeing it, but I honestly remember nothing about it.

I'm not sure about this but in one of the cold openers, the kids play baseball in the lounge( I think). If you can find that episode, that may help you out.

I also wanted to add that once everyone gets a look at this and agrees, we should put it up on the wikipedia entry for MITM.

There is another door in the lounge, next to the front door. This is where I think the secret bathroom is. It can be seen in the early minutes of Evacuation. The loungue also goes longer near the kitchen then shown on the plan. Also there is a bookshelf in front of the couch in the lounge.

It probably is that closet then; that probably does make more sense. In the lounge, there's a couch and a fireplace--that's what those squiggly lines are in there. Maybe I need to label all my geometric furniture.

Isn't the front door between the kitchen and living room?