Wilkerson Floorplan

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, I did a little searching and found my floorplan. Turns out I couldn't find the physical sheet of paper because I had already scanned it into my computer. It was called Wilkerson Floorplan--imagine that! :D

So I've got two of them for you. The first is a basic floorplan that just shows walls. The second I actually put "furniture" in the house and added doors and things--if you can call it that; more or less I added a couple of labels and a few geometric shapes. :D

Anyhow, the traditional door symbol denotes a door. There's two series of dashed lines. The first is by the front door, and denotes the porch area. The second is in the master bedroom, and denotes the wall of the master bedroom before the nursery was added in late season 4.

If you're interested, I started out with a general draft of the house, then watched clips from a whole bunch of episodes before I finally figured things out. They actually seem to move furniture around a bit, so I took the best/general sort of configuration for the one in which I included the furniture. The hardest part was figuring out that they had both a lounge and a living room, which I never realized until I tried to do this. :)

So here they are--enjoy. :)

And leave me any comments you might have.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That's awesome Sam! I had a general idea of the layout of the house, but you've obviosuly spend a lot of time confirming all this in the eps. Just one thing--I always thought that the secret bathroom was a "closet" in or near the living room. It seems kind of weird that they would put a bathroom right beside another bathroom. Anyway, nice job! :)

Kratos

Wildcat said:
That's awesome Sam! I had a general idea of the layout of the house, but you've obviosuly spend a lot of time confirming all this in the eps. Just one thing--I always thought that the secret bathroom was a "closet" in or near the living room. It seems kind of weird that they would put a bathroom right beside another bathroom. Anyway, nice job! :)

I agree, I'm sure in that episode you see Lois putting the stuff on the kitchen table... and later you see Dewey at the table playing that game with the sticks and Lois is in the background pulling stuff out of the "room".

Its really handy floor plan tho... for years I assumed the boys room was on the other side *doh!* but I like it! :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wildcat said:
Really? I always thought it was like a master bathroom attached to the master bedroom.

samboo1

Great job there! Ive always wanted to see something like that. The house is bigger than i had it in my head...i always think that the living room and lounge are the same room...

rzombie1988

So is there nothing in the lounge? I remember seeing it, but I honestly remember nothing about it.

I'm not sure about this but in one of the cold openers, the kids play baseball in the lounge( I think). If you can find that episode, that may help you out.

I also wanted to add that once everyone gets a look at this and agrees, we should put it up on the wikipedia entry for MITM.

There is another door in the lounge, next to the front door. This is where I think the secret bathroom is. It can be seen in the early minutes of Evacuation. The loungue also goes longer near the kitchen then shown on the plan. Also there is a bookshelf in front of the couch in the lounge.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It probably is that closet then; that probably does make more sense. In the lounge, there's a couch and a fireplace--that's what those squiggly lines are in there. :D Maybe I need to label all my geometric furniture. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
There's actually a window where I think you're thinking; between the living room and lounge and sort of adjacent to the kitchen. In recent episodes, Malcolm crashed the glass in Halloween, the area's been used for Hal's to-do board, and as a computer desk.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I could run up a more fancy tight version of this if you want using AutoCad. Then i could be included in wikipedia.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Feel free; I'm better at sketching. Ultimately, I'd like to make a whole set of things--like a house and a group of characters--that can then actually be played on the Sims, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. :D I tried using an architech program once, but it was too precise in measurements and things; I didn't want to be as specific as it required me to be.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I could have sworn the front door is between the living room and kitchen. Everytime someone walks in, the camera is stationed right there in the living room and behind the couch you can see the kitchen/dining room.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Which bathroom, the main one or the secret one?
Oh and I just realized something, they must have had a second bathroom all along in the master bedroom because if you watch an episode like "Hal's Dentist" thats the bathroom he uses! I just made a discovery!:eek: :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Im not rushing to do it, im quite busy atm, but will attempt it in the next couple of days, so you have time to decide stuff.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The first bathroom is where I have it. The current secret bathroom is probably just a closet. The secret bathroom is is where the closet presently is in the lounge. And Tony is probably thinking of the side door which is to the right of the table in the living room--thats what the little double door symbols are opening toward the garage on the diagram with furnishings.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Yeah, that makes more sense that the secret bathroom would be in the lounge area. Most homes have a bathroom that is easily accessible to guests so they don't have to use the master bathroom. And you're right, the door in the master bedroom probably just leads to a walk-in closet (actually it's probably the same one where Dewey and Lois were hiding in Stevie in the Hospital.) Still, which ep was the secret bathroom in? It's driving me crazy now! :D Also, what are the wavy lines on the wall in the lounge for? This is facinating. :)