Wilkerson Floorplan

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Many a time we've talked about what the seven spaces refer to.

1 and 2: the "big bed" in the master bedroom
3 and 4: Malcolm and Dewey's bed (yes, they share a bed, which explains where Dewey sleeps)
5: Reese's bed
6: Couch in the fireplace room
7: Couch in the TV/living room

Just two bedrooms; when Francis is home he sleeps on the couch.

Sorry but you did not design the bathroom correctly at all. The bathroom is connected to both bedrooms and is accessible from the hallway. It has a tub and shower. The secret bathroom is in the wrong place also. It is next to the front door.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Sorry but you did not design the bathroom correctly at all. The bathroom is connected to both bedrooms and is accessible from the hallway. It has a tub and shower. The secret bathroom is in the wrong place also. It is next to the front door.

Yes, the 2nd bathroom was next to the front door. I also noticed that, but didn't mention it because drawing the floorplan would have been difficult, and full accuracy would be impossible. Also the 2nd bathroom was only shown in one episode (Therapy, Season 2).

jcodol

Correct Wilkerson floorplan?

Hello all,
Here is my version of the Wilkerson Home Floorplan. I think I got most of the details right. I just watched a lot of episodes! It was created on Microsoft paint and was drawn using a standard floorplan style. I must say the set designers did a great job making sure the floorplan followed the front elevation of the house. TV shows rarely do this and it makes no sense!

Some notes:
-It is not to scale!
-Sorry if it appears stretched out.
-Since it is based off of the front elevation [of 12334 Cantura Street] and a studio set, there are some oddities(like the outside wall of the bathroom).
-There were some changes on the set over the years. Example: the dining area french doors swing out in early seasons and swing in in later seasons.

As we all know: The Secret bathroom was only shown in the episode 'Therapy'. Only a toilet was shown, no sink & no tub/shower was ever shown. It is a coat closet adj. to the living room in numerous other episodes.

Hope I got it right!:)

12334 Maple Blvd hyperlink:

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9706/scan001smallkw1.png

Last edited:

jcodol

Thanks for the compliments guys. I apparently have too much free time to draw and watch MitM reruns at work!

Hello all,
Here is my version of the Wilkerson Home Floorplan. I think I got most of the details right. I just watched a lot of episodes! It was created on Microsoft paint and was drawn using a standard floorplan style. I must say the set designers did a great job making sure the floorplan followed the front elevation of the house. TV shows rarely do this and it makes no sense!

Hope I got it right!:)

12334 Maple Blvd hyperlink:

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9706/scan001smallkw1.png

Whoa. That looks great. I was hoping to make as detailed a floorplan as yours myself... not sure what could top that now. :D

live4mitm

WOW, I wanted to do that too! But yours is very good, i thought Lounge and Living Room were the same until now, that will explain many things ;) I'm so stupid....

jcodol

WOW, I wanted to do that too! But yours is very good, i thought Lounge and Living Room were the same until now, that will explain many things ;) I'm so stupid....

Thank you!

Also, I have a higher res version if anyone would like it emailed to them.

~Jason

merb

Out of interest where does Francis sleep? because there is no where for him. Does he maybe sleep on the couch when at home?

But thats really gd, I thought it was smaller,Ii now see that the living room and lounge are different rooms.

Lparsons7981

Out of interest where does Francis sleep? because there is no where for him. Does he maybe sleep on the couch when at home?

But thats really gd, I thought it was smaller,Ii now see that the living room and lounge are different rooms.

I always thought he slept on the couch, or kicked Reese out of his bed and made him sleep on the couch :)

Anyone else notice that they don't really show the living room very much, they show the family room much more.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Somehow, I missed this thread until I saw an image of the floorplan. Just shows how one cannot be omnipresent - or omniscient for that matter ;).

This must be one of the most insanely brilliant things I've seen on this site! I'd never even given this a thought, and then there's some people working out the full dimensions! Amazing!

I just found this attachment on an archived version of the Max Galleries website. It's from the July 2001 edition of Entertainment Weekly. This makes me wonder if and how the outside fits the studio-created inside of the house. It also means that sets could have been reshuffled to meet demands made by the script.

Rich

AlexTheMartian

I wonder if the shots where they go from the inside to the outside, or talk to someone at the front door, do they film it at the house, or on the set and have a front porch built as a set.