MITMVC -- Plans for Expansion

admin

Retired Administrator
To celebrate the first birthday of the Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community we have decided over the next few months to be adding to our collection of Malcolm in the Middle Stuff.... but obviously this isn't a one man job

Firstly we want to continue the excellent work with transcripts and character diary entries....

Secondly, these hopefully won't be difficult and will be easy for people to create, but we want to create an extensive character profile section for the main MITMVC - this will hopefully include all the main characters and all past and present recurring guest stars

We also want to add a proper multimedia section to the website, including music downloads (theme tune), screensavers, video clips - most of which I have already stored for use, and of course are "Which Character Are You" which is currently in the pre-production stage.

I hope we can get as much of this done as possible....

Most of this I can do myself, but if anyone is willing to help write character profiles that would be good, they are to be small, only 100-300 words.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I'd be more than willing to write some character profiles. Would it be possible to write those for Dewey, Caroline Miller and David Pinter (Lois' boss in Lois vs Evil)?

I think I already have these three mapped out. But of course, I would be able to do others as requested.

admin

Retired Administrator
That would be great, just send them to me when your done, they will be made in flash, but unlike the journals they will be made to blend in the with current colour of the mitmvc. I have got some ideas ready, i just need to get all the character images and profiles sorted. It will be quiet massive but there you go :D

I have also decided to give the Journals and Transcripts there own page, they will remain with the episode, but they will also have their own index page to save sifting through episodes

admin

Retired Administrator
Have you managed to come up with any of our "Which Character Are you?" questions appanah?

If anyone else has ideas about non-obvious questions for the "Which Character Are You" quiz then please feel free to post them as well.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I've given it some thought, but as yet, have not manged to put considerable time into it, for I have been rather busy of late with essays and projects.

I will have it completed, but I'm affraid its going to take time. I'm sure that if you ask me the same question next week, I should have something tangible for you. Of course, I welcome contribution from others that may havee inspirational ideas.

allison

I wrote a character profile for Reese.(I think I made some grammar mistakes and things like that). I hope it´s ok to post it here.

Reese is the second oldest brother in his family. People needn´t know him very well to realize 2 things: He´s not very bright and he loves to bully other kids. Especially his younger brother Dewey suffers from Reese´s hobby which is making Dewey´s life a living hell. So it usually doesn´t take a long time to find out who broke Dewey´s “Mighty Man” and wanted to hide it in his aunt´s coffin or who covered Dewey in bubble wrap and catapulted him off a see-saw. Reese admires his older brother Francis. For him, he´s kind of the real genius in his family since Francis is very talented when it comes to getting into trouble.

When Reese isn´t busy with making his brothers´ lives miserable he either watches TV or thinks of a silly plan which usually gets him into trouble.

But Reese is not the hardass bully he appears to be. He can be surprisingly soft, especially when it comes to girls. Unfortunately most of them don´t return his favour, though, and when Reese uses his usual strategies (like toilet-papering their house or telling them a joke which ends in spitting on them) he usually fails in his attempt to make them like him

Although Reese isn´t the brightest kid he´s a very talented cook which is not only a good thing because he can express his love for his family by cooking them a great Thanksgiving-dinner, but also as it makes his parents able to punish him by not allowing him to cook (which is really effective!) ..

Reese often surprises people. So there are moments when he decides to become a good person and do good deeds. Of course, these attempts usually end in a chaos and he returns to his old habits. Reese may be horrible when it comes to school, but when he thinks of a vicious plan he takes his time to plan it out. As he said himself “When people are miserable, it brings out the best in me.”

There´s another side of Reese which is quite surprising: From time to time he seems to be quite good-natured. If one of his brothers manage to outsmart him (which isn´t much of a challenge) they can either make him do quite silly things or even make him be their personal servant.

Reese doesn´t have any friends. Although he doesn´t really seem to care about this on the outside, his mom forbid his brothers to talk about that. It´s not obvious if Reese doesn´t have any friends because he doesn´t like anybody or if other kids are just turned off by some of his character traits. But it appears that he usually quickly becomes a friend of people who like him.

Reese has matured a lot in the last couple of years. Though he still thinks he created a new colour when he mixed yellow and blue (“blellow”) and that women are the cows of people, it seems like he´s growing up. He didn´t only realize that it´s not that satisfying to let his sleepwalking father drink out of the toilet (which is a progress), but he was also quite touched when he was told by his father that he is his “guy” since he is normal compared to Malcolm. Despite the fact that Reese is mean most of the time, he actually enjoys the feeling of being liked.

So besides his stupidity and his gift for making other people miserable, Reese can be a quite thoughtful person. In one sentence Reese can be described as a bad guy with a good heart.

admin

Retired Administrator
Thanks for that allison, its very good and very detailed.

I shall certainly being using it as Reese's character profile. :D

The main 5 character profiles will hopefully be on by the end of next week

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Very nice allison. It would have taken me a day or two to get something that good togeather. ( of course I just found out about it today) never mind, m little sides notes don't matter.

I look foward to all of this, I'll try to get a journal up. But I have a busy day, I have to go to an awards ceremoney for volunteering at a historical site, named Batsto Village.

admin

Retired Administrator
I have done some of the Multimedia section today, its still not live so if it looks odd its because i am doing something on it when you looked...

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/multimedia.php

I have 2 wallpapers, 4 musics and the lyrics
I am going to add the music video and a few other bits and bobs later. I still need to create a couple of screensavers. One will be interactive, one will be a slideshow.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
great idea's! i think the plans are really good.

the multimedia page looks great. it sounds like davuid and appanah have been discussing a 'which charector are you' for a while ;)

i swear ive seen a mitm thing like that on the bbc website or somewhere. r u gunna make it in flash david?

what video clips are you going to put up on the multimedia page. your welcome to put mine up. :)

admin

Retired Administrator
tjpeople said:
great idea's! i think the plans are really good.

the multimedia page looks great. it sounds like davuid and appanah have been discussing a 'which charector are you' for a while ;)

i swear ive seen a mitm thing like that on the bbc website or somewhere. r u gunna make it in flash david?

what video clips are you going to put up on the multimedia page. your welcome to put mine up. :)
yeah, we've been disccusing it for one or two weeks now, we really want questions where the character is not obvious otherwise people simply are going to answer the questions to become the character they want.

It will be made in flash :D

I think I will be putting quite a few videos clips on, yours is an excellent idea, I could put that up right away.

I will be creating a couple of season 6 / 5 / 4 things myself using WMM2 later on. Screensavers will becoming too soon, I am not sure though what to have.

admin

Retired Administrator
I've just finished making a screensaver, its a slideshow. Its totally random. It has all episodes from season 1 - 4, a quote. Its all randomlly transitioned and its to the full version of Boss of Me.

Check out the multimedia section for the exe file.

admin

Retired Administrator
Thanks its good to know you guys like it.

I've now updated the media section again

It now has

4 music downloads
9 wallpapers
1 screensaver
1 music video
1 tj video compilation
1 april 2005 MITM calendar
1 set up MITM lyrics

More is coming soon, but it will hopefully be in a state to go live to the public in the next two days.

Answering Amigo22's question, its made using a piece of Screensaver Making Software. I added all our pictures, then the quotes and episode names. I then made a flash file in Swish (thats the start bit) and added the music mp3 file. Then it makes it into a screensaver and an executable file (with unistall and mute button)

An RSS feed for the forum was to be put into it but failed to work, so it may be in the next one from season 5 - 6