Keep in Step! Fanfiction

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
*NOTE-This is my brand new MITM fanfiction! I just had to write something else after the pretty positive response I got from "Wilkersons, meet the Griffins!". I hope the same goes for this fic. Anyway, the first chapter is going to be kind of short, because it's late over here and Im kinda tired, but Ill write more later since Im off of school. Anyway, enjoy, and PLEASE read and reply!:) *
........................................................................................................
(all together now!) Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, can you repeat the question? Your not the boss of me now! Your not the boss of me now! Your not the boss of me now and your not so big! Your not the boss of me now, your not the boss of me now, your not the boss of me now and your not so big! Life is unfair............................................................

It was a not so subtle Sunday night dinner at the Wilkerson dinner table. Reese and Malcolm had "unknowingly" left gum wrappers in their pants when they were put in the wash and the wrappers came undone inside the washing machine and clogged it up from inside. Lois wasn't too happy..even though she didn't fix the machine, she made Reese and Malcolm do it. The table was quiet because of Lois's glaring at the boys.

Lois: I swear, if you boys chewed more gum that machine would have exploded because of the wrappers! Can't you two throw them away?
Reese: Yeah, Malcolm, your the genius!
Malcolm: Shut up, Reese. You did the same thing I did.
Reese: Maybe, but I can't be trusted to do anything like throwing a wrapper away. After all these years, everyone should know that!
Hal: Will you two stop already? Anyway, Dewey, what were you telling me about school just now?
Dewey: Um.....I wasn't saying anything about school.
Hal(with that stupid dumbfounded look): Oh. Well, then, son, how was school?
Dewey: It sucks! The new school principal called me to the office and said that with my "intellect", I should be in a extracirricular activity. When I said,"no thanks," he said,"Let me rephrase that....I AM NOT ASKING, I AM TELLING YOU TO GET INTO SOMETHING!" And that was it.
Hal: Huh. Well, my day was...
Lois(butts in): What did you choose, Dewey?
Dewey: If they let me in, I was going to join our school band.
Malcolm almost chokes on juice he is drinking.
Malcolm: Dewey, dont do it! Band is one of the lowest points you can go...they are even below the krelboynes!
Lois: Dont be so negative, Malcolm! I bet our Dewey will turn band into the coolest thing at school!
Malcolm: Oh geez...
Dewey: Look, if we are above male cheerleaders on the social chain, then Im good.
Malcolm: Well, your lucky. Band is just slightly above male cheerleaders. Now THATS the lowest you can go.
Reese: Hey, I resent that!
Lois: Good luck trying to get in band tommarrow, Dewey.
Dewey: Thanks. I wonder what Ill play? Maybe the drums or trumpet or.....
Reese: OR you can get a tuba, stick it up your butt, and play the BUTTPIPE!
Lois slaps Reese across the head.
Reese: What was that for?!
Lois: I don't want to think about a...buttpipe...when Im trying to eat.
Reese: I don't see anything wrong with it.
Malcolm: Some of us don't like thinking about butts and toilets when we are trying to eat food, Reese.
They all keep eating, except Hal, who has been sitting there ever since Lois interrupted him.
Hal: Anyone care to hear about my day?
.....................................................................................................
*Sorry if it was too short, it's just I have to go! Ill write a long chapter two later, and Ill introduce Malcolm and Reese's plot, which I hope everyone likes! Anyway, read and reply!:) *

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: Keep in Step! Part 1

:D:D:D:D:D:D...

I'm happy. :D

If you need anymore points on this matter, I'm always availiable.

:D

Can't wait to read the rest. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Keep in Step! Part 2

*Here's part 2. Sorry part one was so short, but I was tired last night and I wasn't running on all cylinders.:D Anyway, this one is alot longer, so enjoy, and PLEASE read and reply! *
.........................................................................................................

It was a normal, if you can call it that, Monday morning at the Wilkerson household. Hal was, of course, already late for work and had dipped his denim tie in a pot of coffee, burning part of it off. Lois had the boys out in the truck(they won it, remember?;) ) to take them to school. Hal rushed out to the other car.

Hal: I can't believe Im late! And today they have the promotion review! Dammit!
Lois: Well, honey, your wasting time standing there telling me all this.
Hal: Your right. Bye boys, bye honey!(he jumps in the car and speeds off.)
Lois: And if we don't hurry, you boys will be late.
They start driving down the road.
Reese: I don't get it. Why are you driving us when we can just walk to school?
Lois: Can't I do something nice for you bo....
Malcolm: Cut the crap. Why are you driving us?
Lois: Fine. We are about to pass Mrs. Jenkin's house. I want her to see we don't have to use that beat up piece of crap van anymore.
Reese: Sweet. Your in a neighborhood feud.
Lois: There she is!
They drive past Mrs. Jenkins, who is on her front lawn getting the paper. Lois rolls the window down.
Lois: Hey, Jenkins!
Mrs. Jenkins: Lois? Where did you get that truck? Let me guess, one of your boys stole it, huh?
Lois: No, I WON it! So eat that, Jenkins! See ya!
Lois rolls up the window and they continue down the road. Lois seems content, but the boys are just sitting there.
Reese: Eat that? THAT'S the best you can do?
Malcolm: At least she didn't do something stupid. If mom was you, she would have got out and beat Mrs. Jenkins up.
Reese: Hey, it's effective.
Lois: Alright, cut it out. Anyway, Dewey, I hope you get into band.
Dewey: Yeah. Me too.
Reese: Dewey is gonna look so stupid in that marching outfit! With the big hat that has a feather in it!
Lois: Reese, shut up!
Malcolm: Yeah, remember your stint as a cheerleader?
Reese: It always goes back to that!
They pull up in front of Dewey's middle school.
Lois: Good luck with band, Dewey.
Dewey gets out and goes up inside. They all then drive to the high school.
Lois: You boys hurry to class before your late.
Malcolm: So much for wishing US good luck for anything.
Lois: Malcolm, your a genius, you don't need luck.
Reese: What about m........
Lois: Try your hardest, sweetie. Now get into class.
Lois drives off once they get out.
Meanwhile, at Dewey's middle school.....
Dewey is goes to the main office. He is at the desk that has to do with after school stuff.
Desk person: Can I help you with something?
Dewey: Yeah, I wanted to get into...band. Can I.....
Desk person: Here's the sign up sheet and a small questionairre you have to answer. Fill it out and head for the football field this afternoon. And let me warn you right now, little boy.....NEVER, NEVER be late for band, or one of us, er....I mean....SOMEONE will come after you.
Dewey just stands there with that bewildered look on his face.
Desk person: Anyway, have a nice day!
Dewey slowly turns around and get out of the office, then runs to class. He gets into class and starts filling the sheet out.
Meanwhile, at the high school....
Reese and Malcolm get inside and both go seperate ways to different classes. Reese is in math first. Reese sits in his usual spot. Reese is looking at nothing in particular until a beautiful black girl walks into the room. She has on a skirt, high heel shoes, and a white dress shirt. She has flowing black hair. Reese is staring at her. The class starts and everyone sits down. She sits just a little way from Reese. Reese is still standing at her.
Teacher: Good morning or something. Umm....today we continue our lesson on "simple math", but first, let me introduce our newest student, uh....where is that sheet? Dammit, I knew I put it....here it is! Uh....a ms. Tanya Adams, who is an exchange student from South Africa.
She stands up and acknowledges everyone. She sits back down, and Reese is still staring at her. She sees him.
Tanya: Hi.
Reese: Umg.....uh......(in squeaky voice) hi....
She smiles at turns her head to the board at the front. Reese is looking at her with that stupid expression he sometimes has.
Meanwhile, at the middle school....
Dewey is still filling out the sheet. But from the back of the class, two dorky looking guys are looking at him.
Kid 1: He will be easy to keep in line.
Kid 2: Yes....he looks as if he has no will power at all.
Kid 1: The band knows all and sees all.
Kid 2: No one can escape...the band.
Right then the teacher comes back there.
Teacher: For the love of...you two kids? You don't have this class, so get out!
Kid 1(in a frail, scared voice): Yes ma'm, right away!
They both get out of the class, but they just stand in the hall.
Kid 1: Keep a close eye on this....Dewey.
Kid 2: Dont worry, I will. Remember...the band knows all.
.....................................................................................................
End of part 2. Hoped everyone liked it. Im already adding a mystery element with the guys following Dewey. What will happen? What will happen between Reese and the girl? Why am I asking questions about the fic I am writing?:D Anyway, please REPLY! Part 3 will be out shortly!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Keep in Step! Part 2

Who needs new MITM episodes when we have Tony to write fan fic for us? :D I definitely enjoyed it--I understand this one. :D

Anyway, some polite constructive criticism:
I made some spelling corrections in the first part; they just drive me crazy. And part two seems to move two slowly and switch scenes too much. After Lois is done with Mrs. Jenkins, you could just cut right to school; you needn't have the drop-off scenes because all they really do is eat time. And just get done quiclky and concisely with Dewey, then go up to Reese. That way you're not "swooshing" as much so it's easier to watch. Remember--you've only got 22 minutes. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Keep in Step! Part 3

*Here's part 3 peeps!:D Thanks to whoever replied to the other parts, and thank you Yardgames for the constructive criticism.:) I build upon that. Anyway, enjoy, and PLEASE, for the love of MITM, REPLY when you are finished reading! Here we go! ....................................................
.........................................................................................................

It was Monday afternoon and Malcolm was already having a crappy day. Other then loosing the basketball game in gym, he now had to go to science, which was taught by none other than his rival Mr.Herkabe. Malcolm sat next to Stevie, his best friend.

Malcolm: So what are we "learning" today from Herkajerk?
Stevie: How..should...I...know...that?(remember his asthma,people)
Malcolm: He said last time it was something on microcellular biology.....
Malcolm stopped talking, as his attention was averted to the front of the room where Tanya had just walked in. Malcolm stared at her with that stupid dreamy expression he sometimes has.
Stevie:He..said....we....had...to...finish...our...science...project...next...week.
Malcolm: Uhh....what? Did you say something?
Stevie: Our...project...dumbass!
Malcolm: Oh yeah...our project.smoject...object. Whatever.(he is still staring at Tanya, who sat in the front).
Herkabe: Alright, settle down.
Everyone sits silently.
Malcolm: Uh, no one was talking.
Herkabe: Ok then, since your the "genius" and you know so much, let me rephrase that....everyone KEEP settled down. Are you happy now Malcolm?
Malcolm sits there with that hateful expression.
Herkabe: Good. Now, we have a new student today, from South Africa or something....a Tanya Adams.
She smiles and starts to stand up. Malcolm is locked back on to her.
Herkabe: Uh, dont stand up.(she frowns and sits down) Yeah, I tried to go to South Africa once, for scientific exploration purposes....but NOOO, I didn't have the mental capacity needed for...Bla bla bla bla bla bla(that is all Malcolm hears, as he is just staring at Tanya).

Meanwhile, at the middle school....
Dewey is heading toward the football field, reporting to band for the very first time. He has the paperwork he already filled out. Two people are following Dewey but he doesn't notice(!). Dewey approaches a man with a suit holding a conducter's baton.
Dewey: Excuse me....
Conducter: Yesssss?(he speaks with a slight french accent).
Dewey: Um...I got these papers requesting to join band. I..uh..filled it all out.
Conducter: Oh, so you think that you fill out paper and that makes you band material?! HMMM?!
Dewey: No...I just was wonder..
Conducter: Do you have musical talent at all, young man?
Dewey: Yeah, I can play piano an..
Conducter: Do you ever see a band march with a piano?
Dewey: No..BUT I also play...
Conducter: But what?!
Dewey: I play trumpet, too!
Conducter: Oh...well, then we MIGHT have use for you after all. We need a trumpet player badly. I am the conducter, Jaques Waffan!(he does a stupid twirl with his baton when he says his name). Welcolme to BAND!
Dewey: Okay..........
Waffan: I may be the conducter, but I want you to follow all the orders of Bobby Latrine, who is the Drum Major.
Dewey(trying not to laugh): Bobby..WHO?
Waffan: Latrin...oh, you think that's funny?! Well, let me tell you something, Mr....
Dewey: Dewey.
Waffan: "Mr. Dewey", Bobby Latrine just so happens to be the best Drum Major anyone could ever dream of! He has led this band to more victories than anyone I have ever seen!
Dewey: Ok, ok, sorry.
Waffan: You better be. Now go see him. He's over there with the rest of the band. And show some respect, "Mr. Dewey".
Dewey walks over to Bobby Latrine, who has brown hair and really weird eyes, eyes that make him seem crazy.
Dewey: Um...Latrine?
Bobby: That's BOBBY to you! Who are you?
Dewey: Im Dewey, your new trumpet guy.
Bobby: Oh, the new trumpet guy. You better be good, because our last trumpet player was DAMN good, boy!
Dewey: What happened to him?
Bobby: It's a sad tale...we were at a competition in Louisiana, which we won, and then we went outside the stadium to celebrate. He drank too much Mountain Dew, and stumbled into quicksand! The quicksand dried in his mouth, and he can never play trumpet again.
Dewey: Wow...that's pretty...stupid.
Bobby: Stupid or not, he was a damn fine player, and you better be good too if you know what's good for you, "Dewey". Now go put on a uniform and get your sorry carcass back out here!
Dewey runs back to the locker rooms to get a uniform.

At the high school...
The school day is over and Reese is standing around the front of the school when Malcolm comes out.
Malcolm: What are you doing?
Reese: Waiting for someone.
Malcolm: Who?
Reese: Alright, I guess Ill tell you. This morning, there was a new student in my class, this REALLY hot African girl! Im waiting here and Im gonna ask her out.
Malcolm: Wait...you mean Tanya?!
Reese: Hey, how the heck did you know that?
Malcolm: She was in my science class, and I was going to ask her out!
Reese: What?! Well, sorry, amigo, but your too late.
Malcolm: Who says?!
Reese: Me! And my foot which is going to be shoved up your ass if you don't get out of here!
Malcolm: Oh no you don't, Im not going to be scared by one of your "im gonna beat you up" things! Im staying right here and Tanya is leaving with ME!
Reese: I dont think so, Im gonna be....
Tanya walks by right then and she passes them and walks down the street, heading to her host house. Reese and Malcolm stop to look at her, but when she is out of view, they turn back to each other.
Reese: Ok then, I have an idea!
Malcolm: What?
Reese: We'll see who she likes better! She can go out with both of us, and then she can choose.
Malcolm: For once, you have a somewhat good idea. Your on!
Reese: Fine!
Malcolm: Fine!
They both start heading down the street, heading opposite directions.
Malcolm(yelling): Uh...where are you going? The house is THIS way!
Reese:....oh...yeah, well...I knew that!
Reese turns around and runs to the street Malcolm is on......
END of part 3! I thought that one was pretty good myself!:D Hope everyone liked it! Part 4 will be out either tommarow or Friday. It's gonna get interesting with Dewey and the band as well as Reese/Malcolm going after Tanya. Until next time, peace!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Re: Keep in Step! Part 3

Nice Chapter. I like all the plots and you've kept them in character so far. I'm sure J. will appreciate that you have Dewey playing the Trumpet. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Yeah, since when does Dewey know how to play trumpet? :D I think a piano in a marching band would be more amusing. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

I agree, but Im trying to keep it somewhat real, and I don't believe that Dewey can pick up a piano, much less march around with it.:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

In my city they have a big trailer truck that goes through with the parade. They actually just have the entire band sit on the truck--piano included. Of course there's the traditional marching band deal too. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

It would actually be pretty easy for Dewey to quickly learn the trumpet--especially being a musical genius and all. Once you learn how to read the music, learning a new instrument is nothing. Plus, he never really learned how to play the piano (other than teaching himself). He's just a natural at music.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Alright, to make this a little more real :) (just some polite criticism from the executive bando himself :D) :

*I have never seren a french director, sorry, they are either Italian, or an American, with a little Italian (cause the dynamics are written in Italian, duh, Piano, Forte, Fortissimo, Amable, Majestisio, Legatto, Stagatto, ect.) Try something like Mr. Anthoney Fandero (I just combined two of my directors, Dondero and Fanelli. :D)

* Drummers and trumpet players HATE each other, and given the chance, will fight. Like a cat and a dog, no lie.

*Bobby should be the Drum Major, not the drummer, he conducts at competitions and is the leader of the group. (I'll fix this one, if you don't mind)

*Finally: unless this band has 30 total members, you're going to have more trumpet players then one. YOu could do a trumpet player "initiation" if you want there. :D

Other then that, I loved it. Seriously, keep it up. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator

You don't just go around and change his story, J--that's rude; after all, it is his story. If he wants to have a German director, let him have a German director--we needn't be racist against the poor guy.

And maybe it's just your band that doesn't get along.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

@J-That's completely ok if you want to change it to drum major. It keeps the story real. And I think I know theres more than one trumpet player in a band.:D It's that the trumpet player they talked about was a REAL good one, and he was worth mentioning.
And if it's nothing to you, Ill keep Jaques Waffan French. It's funny to me.:)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

I don't mind if it's a french director, I think it would be funny too, out of the ordinary. :) And It just kind of seemed hat it was leaning toward the fact that there was 1 trumpet player, of course, I senses could be clouded because of all the medications my doctor has me on, Motrin, Advil, Zithromax, Zyrtec, Robitussin, Triaminic(sp?) :D

@Sam- It's not just my band, it's every band, trumpet players and drummers hate each other, I talk with people in different bands from all over the country, they all have trumpet sections that hate the percussion section.

And if you can offer polite constructive criticism, then so can I, tony doesn't have to listen, that is why it's constructive. I don't think it's being racist when I say "I've never seen a french director." I think that just me offering my experience with directors and their nationalities.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Keep In Step! Part 4

*Here it is, part 4! This is where things really take off with Dewey's band and Reese/Malcolm's "competition" for Tanya. Ill try to get it really interesting! Thanks to everyone who replied to the previous chapters. Well, enjoy and PLEASE respond and give feedback when you finish reading! Thanks!*...........................................................................
........................................................................................................

It was Monday night at the Wilkerson household. Everyone was gathered at the dinner table eating dinner. Reese and Malcolm sat on opposite sides of the table, exchanging glares to each other. Dewey was half asleep from his very first day of band practice and was hardly eating. Hal was just bored. Lois was the only lively one at the table, as she was recalling an event that had taken place at the Lucky Aide.

Lois:..Now I don't like to make fun of him, but you should have seen Craig running after the little kid riding around on the bike inside the store! It was so funny! I think all of us stood there watching Craig chase the kid all the way around the store.
Hal: That's nice dear.
Lois: Yeah, but now I got an extra workload because Craig took a week of sick days to recover from all that running around.
Hal: Hm.
Lois: Anyway, whats going on with everyone? Dewey, how's band?
Dewey: Uh...it's fine..I did a pretty good job. They all thought my trumpet playing was the best they had seen since this last guy.
Lois: Well that's good honey! See, I knew you would be okay!
Dewey: It's kinda sucky though, because our leader is the drum major and he favors the drummers over us trumpet players. In fact, they all HATE us.
Lois: That's nice. Malcolm, what about you?
Malcolm(glaring at Reese): Nothing. Nothing at all.
Lois: Reese?
Reese(glaring at Malcolm): Nothing. Nothing at all.
Hal: Hey, MY day was....
Lois(butting in): Boys, whats up between you two?
Reese: I have no idea what you are talking about, mom...
Lois: You boys better not think of fighting tonight! We are having a nice dinner and..
A rock flys through the kitchen window. It lands in the dining room. Everyone at the table is startled.
Voice(from outside): Take that, TRUMPET PLAYER! HEE HAH HAHAHAHA!
A car squeals away.
Lois: WHAT THE....WHO DID THAT?!
Dewey: That voice sounded like Rex! One of the band's drummers! That piece of sh..
Reese: Where's he live? Ill go introduce him to my fist!
Dewey: I don't know where he lives! I just met the band earlier!
Hal is the only one who is still calm and just sitting down.
Hal: Um....my boss said I did a good job today..so..um...
The next day, at the middle school...
It is in the afternoon, and the band is out on the football field for practice. Dewey is in full uniform and walking out to the middle of the field with his trumpet. Bobby is out there along with his right hand guy, a drummer named..Rex(!). As Dewey walks by, he hears Bobby say,"Good job last night, Rex!". Dewey is clearly pretty pissed.
Bobby: Alright, everyone looks like they are here, and we even have wonderboy on trumpet(points to Dewey). I have decided that since we have heard "Mr.Dewey" play with all the band, we should now hear him play solo to see if he is really all that great. So up front, Wilkerson!
Dewey trudges up front of everyone. He gets his trumpet ready.
Dewey: What do I play, Latrine?
Bobby: Your pick, "Wilkerson".
Dewey gets that crafty grin.
Dewey: Ok then...
Dewey starts playing the theme song to "Hawaii Five-O"(if you dont know what it sounds like, then go hear it somewhere). Dewey is even moving his body along with it. The band starts laughing...everyone but Rex and Bobby.
Bobby: Alright, that's enough! What the heck was that?!
Dewey: Um...Me, playing trumpet!
Bobby: Alright, Mr.Smartass, what I meant was your song choice! Hawii Five-O? That's your pick?!
Dewey: Yeah..what's wrong with Hawii Five-O?
Bobby:..grumble...Fine, I guess your pretty good, Wilkerson.
Dewey: I thought so.
He goes back to his place in line.
Bobby: Alright, since Wilkerson is half way decent, then our troubles are over for now. BUT, guess what's coming up? This Sunday, our first big tournament against East Side!
Everyone grumbles. They never beat East Side.
Bobby: Stop that damn grumbling! We are GOING to do it this time, even if it means practicing 15 hours a friggen day!
Band member: But they are too goooddddd(whines this out like a little kid).
Bobby: But we are better! We are GOING to beat em! And me got Mr. Boy Wonder back there who plays Hawii Five-O! Now let's get to practicing!
Dewey gets that grin on his face again...he is already formulating a plan to deal with East Side(!).
At the high school...
School is out and Malcolm and Reese are at the front of the building.
Reese: Since I saw Tanya first, I get to take her out first.
Malcolm: Fine with me. She's going to end up with me, anyway.
Reese: I beg to differ, fool!
Reese walks to her host house and knocks on the door. Tanya's host dad answers.
Dad: Whor'e you?
Reese: Im Reese. Is Tanya here?
Dad: Yeah.......(he is eyeing Reese suspiciously) Tanya, some guy is here for you!
She runs up to the door. The dad walks away, but is still keeping an eye on Reese.
Tanya: Hello. Your Reese, right?
Reese: Hee hee...umm..uh...yeah, that's me! Hey, um...I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me somewhere.
Tanya: Now?
Reese: Sure!
Tanya: Ok, I guess so. Let's go.
They go to a cheap diner place. They are just talking.
Reese: Look how I eat my food...Im clean, unlike Malcolm!
Tanya: Who?
Reese: My brother, the genius.
Tanya: Oh, him! I was him in science.
Reese(kinda nervous): Umm...well.....HE WETS HIS BED!!
Tanya:..What?
Reese: Yeah! He...uh...yeah..you should see his bed sheet in the morning! It's not even white after he sleeps in it for one night!
Tanya is sitting there with a disgusting look on her face. Reese is pleased since he think he just discredited Malcolm in a big way.
Tanya: I don't think I want to eat anymore...
Reese: Oh...cool! Can I have your pie?
She slides it to him and he eats it. Later, they are heading to her house. Reese just told her the story of Malcolm's incident at the high school play, trying to discredit him even more.
Reese:...and that's the story! What a dumbass,huh?
Tanya: Yeah...uh, why are you talking about him alot, though?
Reese: Well, he...uhh...woops, here we are! Your house!
Tanya: Oh yeah. Well, I had a good time Reese, even though the stories were a little, uh..well..I had a good time!
Reese: Cool!
Tanya leans in and kisses him on the lips right before she walks in the house. She then goes in.
Tanya: See you later.(she closes the door)
Reese is standing there with that dumbfounded "i cant believe that just happened" look. He then gets that stupid ass grin.
Reese: Hee hee! Malcolm doesn't stand a chance!
Reese starts struting home.
Later that night...
Reese is laying on his bed with that happy look.
Malcolm: Well, tommarow is my day, so I hope you don't get too mad once she dumps you for me!
Reese: Hm! Good luck!
Dewey walks over to Malcolm.
Dewey: Hey, what happens if you mix up car oil with a match?
Malcolm: Well, if you add in air, then the match and oil will combine and explode. Why?
Dewey(with that grin): Oh..nothing.
Malcolm: Wait...what are you planning?
Dewey: It's a thing in my ban..I mean...a science project.
Dewey walks away with that grin on his face(!).
....................................................................................................
END of part 4! Things are getting mysterious! What is Dewey planning for the tournament? Will Malcolm be able to hit it off with Tanya like Reese did? Why am I asking questions I know the answers to since I write this fic?:D Anyway, hoped you enjoyed it! PLEASE leave feedback! Part 5 will be out shortly!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Keep In Step! Part 4

Fascinating. OK, well the Hal mystery and Reese/Malcolm storyline is fascinating but if I'm being honest the Dewey line is a bit boring for me. But I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

In constrast, I'm actually liking the Dewey storyline the best. Reese/Malcolm/Tanya is interesting, but Dewey seems to be the most in character.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Alright, I'm out of a drug-induced sleep, and I'm only a little dizzy. :D But I loved it. There were no technical issues with the band or Tanya storyline. My groggy mind cannot wait until the next part (and I hope that sounds better gramatically to you then to me). This is great. Thanks.