20 Questions

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
This is freaky!! It a computerized version of the 20 questions game. You think of an item and answer yes/no/maybe/etc. to a list of questions that it asks you about the item. It comes up with the correct answer almost every single time. I swear it can read your mind. ;) I was thinking of my dog and it even came up with the correct breed (Rottweiler). Freaky! :eek: Have a look if your bored.

http://www.20q.net/

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It couldn't guess I was thinking of a textbook. Specifically, my big fat dumbass history textbook in which the author refers to himself in the third person. :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
yardgames said:
It couldn't guess I was thinking of a textbook. Specifically, my big fat dumbass history textbook in which the author refers to himself in the third person. :D

lol :D That would make a good title for a TV show, "My Big Fat Dumbass Textbook" (like the one or two other "My Big Fat..." shows).

That 20 questions thing was interesting. I was thinking of my cat Fe-fe (first thing that came to mind) and it guessed tabby cat, which was a close answer - Feefs is a Maine Coon (well I think he is, from the cat books I've got).

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
yardgames said:

Hmm..I guess big fat dumbass history textbook isn't in its knowledge base. :D I tried to do textbook and it got it (it guessed dictionary the first time, but it eventually got it right.) It all really depends on your answers to its questions. Everyone perceives things differently. As more people play it, it begins to "learn" common answers for certain items--kind of like ALICE in the chatroom. Interesting what computers can do these days...

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Yeah, my brother has one of these 20 question things. He has a little red ball thing you turn on and it asks you questions, and the damned thing almost always wins!:eek: It's weird and the first time it got me I almost had a heart attack!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Was really surprised, it was very good, i thoguth Remote control and it got it after 16 questions.

samboo1

I thought you ment it guessed it after one question.
I mean 16 times to guess a loaf of bread...i could do that:cool: *looks around*

lisa

i thought about a toast

the computer said:
soap
nail
coffin
shampoo
computergame

I tried it a long time. maybe the german vision does not work as good as the american...