Could MITM become a cult classic?

rzombie1988

Does anyone else think that after MITM ends it will become a cult classic? I know it doesn't get that many viewers right now, but sometimes after shows end they become more popular then when they were airing. I think MITM could be one of the shows, because of the humor and originality. What do you guys think?

wando

I totally agree with you. Malcolm in so unique, in the way that it is written, and carried out.

According to the BBC, as soon as it started it was classed as cult television. I think once the DVD's are released people will realise just how popular Malcolm in the Middle truly is. I think it's a show that everyone likes, a kind of Friends for teen-twenties audience.

PBUNDY

Malcolm in the Middle could very well become a cult classic, but we'll have to wait until the DVD's are released (if they ever are) to know for sure.

jetcombo15

It could, also due in part that at the time, it was one of the more innovative shows on the air. It was one of the first comedies to air entirely without a laugh track, be shot on film, be filmed with a single-camera set up, be filmed (mostly) on location (apart from most of the indoor scenes, I guess), and also have the main character consistently breaking the fourth wall. Although you could argue that Saved By The Bell had some outdoor scenes shot on location, and Zack usually broke the fourth wall, at the beginning and end of the episodes. Some other sitcoms probably did do some of the other things, as well, but, to my knowledge, none of them combined all that.
And as opposed to most sitcoms at the time, the humor was character-driven, as opposed to punch lines ; which is probably why it doesn't have a laugh track.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I think it could be a cult classic. It is, hands down, one of(if the not the) funniest sitcoms ever.:) Great characters, GREAT actors, hilarious plots...MITM equals classic in my book. Not just cult, but just classic.:)

PBUNDY

I love the fact that Malcolm in the Middle doesn't have a laugh track. Could you imagine Malcolm having a studio audience? It wouldn't be anything close to the same show! What other sitcoms have reached cult classic status?

Alfista Junior

In France I guess the show remains something important in the field of television. The channel where Mitm is broadcasted has never stopped promoting the show and giving it a gold place since the very begining. Most of the shows our channels broadcast only run once or maybe twice if it's good. For this show it's different.

You know Mitm is a smart show not only something interesting because it's in (I thinking about Lost, Desperate Houswives to oppose to Mitm). Mitm has something brilliant inside. Some shows are attractive for numerous people even if there is nothing inside. But when you look back on most the shows you've watched 10 years ago you realize that they're crap. Mitm will never be that way because it's the smartest show ever made. This quality is not perishable. :rolleyes:

Completely agree with the point about the crapiness of Desperate Houswives and Lost. I have to say, despite all its misgivings, as far as I can see FOX is one of the best networks in USA. In the UK we have a version of ABC (namely ABC1) the shows are abismal. Who on earth watches programs such as, Hope & Faith, 8 Simple Rules & Commander in Cheif- they're really, really, REALLY poor.

Longlive MITM (in our memories at least)

Gozatron

In the Uk Malcolm over takes simpsons,futurama and family guy in rating even if there re-runs aginst new eps. malcolm has to be the most popular show for people my age in my school and i believe once it get a major advertisement for the dvds it will become what happened to harry potter or spongebob :)

BBC is the fox of the Uk
Itv is the abc of the uk
Sky is the cbn

zachman93

I think it already is. I used to think it was an old, forgotten show, but I have talked to so many people of so many ages that adore it when I had assumed that they would never have heard of it.

Let's just say I'll still be watching it when I'm well into adulthood =P.