Stevie in the Hospital: Opinions and Analysis

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
simon_4420 said:
Anyway this episode was another great episode of MITM. I think that its great that this season, in particular the last few episode have been able to re-illustrate the characters personalities, as I personally felt that quite afew episodes from earlier in the season and previous episodes from season 6, we started to loose some of the personalities of the charactors (hope that makes sense).

I agree, it seems that last season the characters just weren't themselves. They've done a great job this season of getting everyone back in character. This is very apparent with Reese whose personality was totally different in season 6 than in all other seasons. I liked sensitive Reese too, but season 7 Reese is more true to his personlity in earlier seasons. They've even had Francis reverting back to some of his immature and irresponsible ways that characterized him in seasons 1-3.

@Malcoholic--great observations! I would have never thought to compare the boy with Hal himself as a kid, but now that you've pointed it out, it makes perfect sense!

kerryoke

Darn, I wrote a very lengthy reply and it timed out.
I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words.
The set of Malcolm in The Middle was such a fun place to be. Everyone was so nice to Zach. Including his nemisis Bryan. :)

We are so proud to have been a part of a show that will be remember for a very long time.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Sorry you got timed out Kerryoke. The forums tend to do that if you take "too long" to reply. It's best to always copy your posts before you submit them just to be on the safe side. Anyway, I'm glad you all had a good time on the set. From looking at Zach's pictures on his website, I can tell that it was a lot of fun. I hope to see him in more projects in the future!

kerryoke

Thanks Wildcat. A few things about the Malcolm experience, now that I have more time:
*Everyone on that set was so nice. They were like a family. They had card night and even put together their own cookbook.
*Even though we filmed on location at Balboa Lake, Zach had to go to the actual Malcolm studio for school the day before we shot, so we got to meet everyone in the cast.
*Zach sat with Bryan at lunch and Bryan put his captain's hat on him.
*Jane was very very friendly. She came up to Zach at the kraft service table and said, "Hi, I'm Jane. I play Lois. Have a donut."
*Bryan and Zach spent some time talking on the bench that is in their scene. Later Bryan said to me, "I've got him all straightened out. He's going to college and he's not going to do drugs."
*Zach is actually the person who got Jamie to do raspberries. They couldn't get him to do it then Zach just looked at him and did it, so the baby smiled and did it back.
*Frankie Muniz stayed after he was done for the day. He was right off to the side laying on the hill as Zach did his scene. He seemed like a very down to earth kid.
*The production crew gave us hats and a signed note from Jane and Bryan which read, "We appreciate you being part of our show....and for not screwing up."
*The line "My grandad gave that to me before he died. Was actually taped last week from a sound studio in Toronto.
*Production had 18 days left to film when we filmed Zach's spot.

We are so proud that we got to be a part of a show that will be remember for a very very long time.
Regards,
Kerry

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
For me, this was one of the weakest episodes of the 7th season. I don't know exactly why, but the episode couldn't catch all my attention. Sometimes it was funny, yes, but there just weren't huge gags and after some time I got a bit bored.
Please don't kill me for that :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
kerryoke said:
Thanks Wildcat. A few things about the Malcolm experience, now that I have more time:
*Everyone on that set was so nice. They were like a family. They had card night and even put together their own cookbook.
*Even though we filmed on location at Balboa Lake, Zach had to go to the actual Malcolm studio for school the day before we shot, so we got to meet everyone in the cast.
*Zach sat with Bryan at lunch and Bryan put his captain's hat on him.
*Jane was very very friendly. She came up to Zach at the kraft service table and said, "Hi, I'm Jane. I play Lois. Have a donut."
*Bryan and Zach spent some time talking on the bench that is in their scene. Later Bryan said to me, "I've got him all straightened out. He's going to college and he's not going to do drugs."
*Zach is actually the person who got Jamie to do raspberries. They couldn't get him to do it then Zach just looked at him and did it, so the baby smiled and did it back.
*Frankie Muniz stayed after he was done for the day. He was right off to the side laying on the hill as Zach did his scene. He seemed like a very down to earth kid.
*The production crew gave us hats and a signed note from Jane and Bryan which read, "We appreciate you being part of our show....and for not screwing up."
*The line "My grandad gave that to me before he died. Was actually taped last week from a sound studio in Toronto.
*Production had 18 days left to film when we filmed Zach's spot.

We are so proud that we got to be a part of a show that will be remember for a very very long time.
Regards,
Kerry
It's really fun for us (well me anyway) to hear about stuff like that, so thanks for sharing it. A couple of other people have met various parts of the cast as well and they all seem to agree everyone is super nice.

So you get the best end of the stick here, huh? :D Zach does all the work and you get to meet all the stars? :D:D

In all seriousness, best of luck to him. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
That's pretty friggen sweet that your son got to be part of the show, Kerry!:D Just asking...how did you find our site? Did Bryan tell you about it?
And it seems like the cast treated your son really nice...they are some great people,man!:) It's funny, Jane plays the most controlling character on the show, and yet from what I hear she is the nicest person you could ever meet in real life!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That's awesome, Kerry, thanks for the info. I agree with yardgames--it's a lot of fun to learn more about what the cast is like in real life. We see them on TV and read articles about them, but it's great to have someone who has acutally met them in person share their experiences with us. It sounds like they're a wonderful group of people! (Not that there was ever any doubt. :) )