Whats the worst that can happen?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I can't even imagine MITM without the original cast. The actors/actresses they chose for the parts were absolutely perfect. Does anyone have any idea what other actors/actresses were considered for any of the parts?

If they used new cast, it would just become a different show; ultimate the cast used to play the parts heavily influence the character development and writing...it would just become a crappy immitation. However, if there could be one spin-off, who do you reckon would be best. I think it should be Craig, because, personally I feel spin-off's need to revolve around slightly more peripheral characters- there's more room for growth and development. Compare 'Joey' with 'Frasier'

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wildcat said:
I can't even imagine MITM without the original cast. The actors/actresses they chose for the parts were absolutely perfect. Does anyone have any idea what other actors/actresses were considered for any of the parts?
The kid who played Spath in the Pilot originally auditioned for Reese, but he was "too brutal." And I think some other kid auditioned for Dewey--might have been Frankie, oddly enough; I don't think he actually auditioned for the part of Malcolm. And I don't know why I think that. :D

@Deweyrules Frasier was a spin-off? Of what show?

PBUNDY

Fraiser was a spin off of Cheers. (I didn't know off the top of my head, so I looked it up for you.) I also know that Martin Spanjers auditioned for the role of Malcolm. (He played Richard in the pilot episode.) A couple years later he ended up playing Rory Hennessy on 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter.

Here's another interesting fact- Jane was a guest star on Fraiser for two episodes. She played a police officer. I haven't actually seen the episodes with Jane, but for some reason I have a hard time seeing her as a police officer.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
The kid was too brutal to play Reese? That's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it? :D Anyway, I'm glad he didn't get the part.

I would love to see Jane as a police officer. She'd be totally kickass! :D :D