Bomb Shelter: Opinions and Analysis

zachman93

I found this episode to be an excellent into Hal as a greater, overarching character. Where we usually see Hal's hilarious bungling and oncompetence, the bomb shelter scenes helped to epitemise him as more than just hilarity. Hal, despite his astoundingly pedestrian life, is a man of style, substance, and class. He appreciates the greater things in life - good people, food, good art. This episode basically solidified Hal as a character in his own right rather than a vehicle for comic relief.

Ollie

It’s a shame that the relationship didn’t work out between Malcolm and Danielle. He finally finds a nice girl and makes a connection with her that isn’t based mainly on looks and he ends up screwing it up. :rolleyes: He had some nerve getting offended when she told him that he wasn’t her idea of attractive (in so many words) when he told Lois the exact same thing about her. Of course, the whole point was for Malcolm to see how it felt to have someone judge him based on his looks.

It would of been abit better to see more of Malcolm and the dancing, but it was classic MITM how he ended up destroying what would of been a great relationship.

In Malcolm's defence, she was insulting him even though he was looking past her looks, and he had a point about her not being a "prize" haha! But Wildcat I like your point how it was for Malcolm to see how it felt to have someone judge him based on looks, I agree.

I also really enjoyed this episode. Fast question: What is the name of the song that Malcolm and his partner dance to in the dancing scene? I loved it and can't find it anywhere!

Sway - Dean Martin, its a good song I agree, its been remade quite a few times.

jasinfla

Just saw this episode on FX again today and just love the part when Hal and Lois first start out in the truck contest and one of the guys gets a call & takes his hand off truck so he's out and Hal, lol, takes his hand off the truck to point to the guy and call his a loser and he gets eliminated & Hal's response is classic. Just a great episode like all the rest. Prayyyy that they release the other 6 on dvd someday.