Petition for Jane Kaczmarek

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I just thought it was about time someone made a thread for this, so I did.
Who here demands that Jane get an emmy for Lois? She is nominated at least every year BUT every year she looses to someone who I believe doesn't deserve it as much as she does. Even people who write magazine articles on MITM mention Jane and question the fact of why she hasn't gotten an emmy for playing Lois. But here is my question for everyone here: Do you think she should win one next year at the Emmys? Yes or no? If yes, then let's all make a petition right here demanding that she finally get it this year, seeing as this is Malcolm's last season and her final chance.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Of course I think she should get the award--it would be an awesome honor for her! Awards shows like that are incredbily overrated; it's no longer based on talent--it's now based on who has the right connections in Hollywood and which shows have gotten them in the past (The Sopranos, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Curb Your Enthusiasm, anyone?)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Yeah, Jane really deserves this prize. But I don't see what a petition would help her. I mean I don't know it exactly as I'm from Germany, but I assume that there are judges who decide who gets an emmy and they won't have themselves influenced by a petition that some fans created...

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I don't think a judge will be influenced by this either. It's just a way to show our support for Jane in the hopes that she finally gets a long overdue emmy for Lois.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I think, i would be cool if she got one, but as said a group of fans its hardly gunna surprise the judges if we wanted her to win!

Amigo22

Super Moderator
She definitely should have got an Emmy. If Cloris Leachman could get one for playing Ida, Jane should have received one too for Lois. It's not exactly the most easy role; playing the world's worst mother, but she did a great job of it.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Worlds worst mother? Not true....just the worlds strictist most insane most controlling mother.:D Anyway, come on people, let's support Jane!

Amigo22

Super Moderator
That was the first thing that came to mind, and in a way it is true - I would hate it if she was my mother :eek:

Reese Feltspar

I love Jane/Lois I have had a crush on her sinse season 1 of the show. She deserves such a prize as this for her work on the show.

Go Jane! :D