Stay Alive

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Hasn't anyone seen this yet? I'm curious as to what you guys thought. So post your comments/reviews/ect. here if you go see it so I'll know if I should go spend $9.00 or wait for the DVD. :D Anyway, I was looking around for info and found this clip from the movie that features Frankie so I thought you all might be interested:

http://storeandserve.com/download/168675/sa_0002.wmv.html

Malcoholic

I saw it, strictly because of Frankie. I basically liked it even though I don't fit the profile of the intended audience--video game fans (it also helps if you believe in ghosts!). It's scary, and it's visually striking, full of computer animation. My chief interest was seeing Frankie at this stage in his career in a different kind of role. He plays a brainy geek who uses a lot of big words, so there's some similarity to Malcolm. The difference is that this character is stricly one-dimensional, and the role uses only a tiny part of Frankie's expressive range. A tiny part of Frankie is still worth watching, so I'm glad I saw the movie.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Just wondering, Malcoholic, and if you don't want to spoil it email me the answer-does Frankie get killed in this movie? Im not trying to be funny, but I just would find it so weird to see one of our favorite people from MTIM(and since he's IS Malcolm) get killed in this movie. It's like then you see a new MITM and see Frankie in it and you say,"Hey, he died in that movie." And does he use profanity at all or not? Id find that weird too, to see Malcolm up on the big screen cursing and stuff.:D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
tony_montana said:
Just wondering, Malcoholic, and if you don't want to spoil it email me the answer-does Frankie get killed in this movie? Im not trying to be funny, but I just would find it so weird to see one of our favorite people from MTIM(and since he's IS Malcolm) get killed in this movie. It's like then you see a new MITM and see Frankie in it and you say,"Hey, he died in that movie." And does he use profanity at all or not? Id find that weird too, to see Malcolm up on the big screen cursing and stuff.:D

I can't answer your question about if he gets killed as I have not seen the movie, but if you watch that clip I posted the link to you will get the answer to your second question. :D He says the "B" word in it. Not that it's really anything that bad, but it's something we wouldn't hear him say on MITM. It's kinda funny cause I still think of him as Malcolm too and it's wierd to hear him say that.

Malcoholic

I'll answer the death question in a personal message. He does use profanity. I even seem to recall an "F" word or two, but can't recall if it's Frankie's character who uses it (a lot of the dialogue is mumbled, and the characters often talk at the same time.)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Ya know, Im not much into these new age horror movies but I might see this one(when it comes out on dvd). Frankie is probably pretty good in it. And thanks for the pm!:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
According to a review by a teen in the local paper, it's a decent teen movie, but is rather predictable and a bit boring.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I never listen to reviewers. They always give the awesome movies these crappy grades and give the movies that ain't worth spit the good grades(case in point: Brokeback Mountain.:Sick: )

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Brokeback mountain, for its genre was excellant. I think whats really good about it is that its there at all.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
To me, "Brokeback Mountain" is not a love story or whatever they try to twist it into. It's just a stupid ass movie about two guys who....man, I don't even want to think about it.:Sick: Im soooooo glad it lost the Academy Award for Best Picture to "Crash".:)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I Know this ist very on topic, but it a little hard for me to avoid. It is totally a love story, what else would you call it?

And what the two guys did was have SEX (omg how unbeleviby horrible that is to say! :Shocked:)

I will stop before i insult people.

D

Deleted member 1693

Haha. TJ loves to be direct, doesn't he...?

Anyway. Staying on topic.

I read some of the "memorable quotes" on IMDB, and the profane lines Frankie said were pretty hilarious.