Shoutbox and other questions

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Ok, here I am agian. This time I have a few questions about..stuff.
1)In the shoutbox, how do I get it to where I can use any smilie I want? Sometimes I want to use something like a big smilie face but all it let's me choose is stuff like a face that looks like it's going crazy and such.
2)How many posts do I need before Im elevated from senior member to whatever the heck is next?(not trying to glory grab here, just asking:D .)
Thanks in advance to whoever answers!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
In the shoutbox, you're better off to just remember the codes that produce the smilies that you use a lot. If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you'll see a box that says "posting rules." Click on smilies in the box and you will be able to see the text codes that make each type. When you type it into the shoutbox, it will come out as the icon. For example : D (no space in between) makes :D .

As for the promotion, I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think it's 400 posts and it will say Silver Member.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Thanks wildcat, but promotion? What is this, the military?:D Were the MITM National Guards!(great name for a new MITM fansite, if you ask me!) Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Wildcat said:
In the shoutbox, you're better off to just remember the codes that produce the smilies that you use a lot. If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you'll see a box that says "posting rules." Click on smilies in the box and you will be able to see the text codes that make each type. When you type it into the shoutbox, it will come out as the icon. For example : D (no space in between) makes :D .

As for the promotion, I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think it's 400 posts and it will say Silver Member.

Cool, hope it is 400 posts, I'll be reaching that milestone soon :)

admin

Retired Administrator
I think Bronze Member should come first, but I can't remember all the settings at current.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Oh ok, Cant everyone have custom titles? As long as they have something like 100 posts?

We really need a guide to vbulletin rating and statues. David?

admin

Retired Administrator
All the ratings and stars, groups etc were done by me, they're quite complicated to explain as they all involve multiple variables. These include post count, reputation, length of membership etc.

There are 4 hidden groups which you get promoted to gradually, nearly all of our active members will be in the higher group, while most members (non-active) will be in the lower group(s)

The stars are separte to this and is simply done on post count. There is no particuarly pattern, though you will get to 5 stars by 1000 posts, then the colours change approximately every 500 to 1000 posts there after.

Rankings (bronze, silver etc.) Were an idea i came up with after running out of junior, member, senior - since most of you were in senior i added brozne silver and gold, platinum and diamond to the rankings. If you change your ranking (custom title) you will lose that ranking, although I think you cna get it back by removing your custom title.

I hope that explains vaguely what happens. :D