simpsons for 2 more years!

han_keep_smilin

Recently on the radio i have heard that Fox are planning to carry on the simpsons for 2 more years and they will be going up to their 19th season!:D

I think this is going to be great and the they said that:D

bart decides to join the army and marge and homer think he is too young so homer joins too and tries to go after him. the sargent is played by a celebrity but i forgot the name:D

it sounds really good!:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
yardgames said:
Sounds a bit like a show we all know that's already done that. :D

I was thinking the same thing. :D Seems the only difference is that Lois didn't actually join when she went after him.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Im not trying to start a fight with Simpsons fans, but...don't you think it's time Simpsons hung it's boot up and called it a day? The damn things been on 18 years! Whilst Malcolm only gets 6.:mad:

allison

tony_montana said:
Im not trying to start a fight with Simpsons fans, but...don't you think it's time Simpsons hung it's boot up and called it a day? The damn things been on 18 years! Whilst Malcolm only gets 6.:mad:

I thought the same. I used to love the Simpsons but now it´s getting a bit...uhm silly.:eek: Just my humble opinion, but I really didn´t like the last couple of seasons. It´s not funny anymore and so far-fetched you can´t really relate to it anymore. I wish there was one more season of malcolm instead.

Tyno

Malcolm-France
allison said:
I thought the same. I used to love the Simpsons but now it´s getting a bit...uhm silly.:eek: Just my humble opinion, but I really didn´t like the last couple of seasons. It´s not funny anymore and so far-fetched you can´t really relate to it anymore. I wish there was one more season of malcolm instead.
I totally agree with you. The Simpsons used to be a great show, but now it's not funny at all. The 17th season is the worst. At least the last couple of seasons of MitM are owesome. :)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Tyno said:
I totally agree with you. The Simpsons used to be a great show, but now it's not funny at all. The 17th season is the worst. At least the last couple of seasons of MitM are owesome. :)

Yeah, I guess that's why it's kind of a good thing that Malcolm is ending (even though it sucks.) At least it's going out on a high note. We wouldn't want it to stick around for 2-3 more seasons and end up being really awful and stupid at the end.

Jimmy Junior

Although I'd like to see the new episode written by and starring Ricky Gervais, I agree with most of you in that the Simpsons is on it's way down.

As I've said here before, I think anything (particularly in the public light) should quit while it's ahead - Fawlty Towers is still regarded as one of the best British sitcoms ever written because it only ran for 1 series and left viewers yearning for more; Queen, Nirvana and the Beatles are still regarded as revolutionary bands because their careers were cut short while they were still popular, and celebrity figures such as Princess Diana are still regarded as great because they quit (or died) while they were still popular.
I am fully aware that some of these people have died before their times in tragic circumstances, but I don't think anyone would disagree that they left the public with a favourable perspective of their works instead of having to live out their later years with the media constantly reminding the public that they'd past their prime.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
On a similiar note, I just read this in entertainment news. Apparently, the opening scene of this week's Simpsons is going to feature them as live-action people. I haven't watched the simpsons in years, but that might be worth tuning in for. :D

Mar 24, 12:02 PM EST

'The Simpsons' to show live-action opening

NEW YORK (AP) -- Ever wonder what Bart Simpson would look like in human form?
"The Simpsons" is about to show you. The long-running Fox animated series will unveil a live-action opening sequence Sunday (8 p.m. EST), a Fox spokeswoman said Thursday.
In it, the dysfunctional cartoon family - Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa and Maggie - will be seen as they would appear in real life, played by lookalike actors.
"I'm just amazed there are people who want to be known for looking like the Simpsons," said Al Jean, the show's executive producer, in a statement.
A team from British network Sky One created and commissioned the live sequence, which apes the series' memorable opening shots: Bart writing on a chalkboard, Homer pulling a nuclear rod out of his shirt, and Maggie and Marge at the supermarket.
"The Simpsons" was recently renewed for two more seasons, its 18th and 19th.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, that's pretty good. Now we don't have to remember to tune in on Sunday. :D Quite original, I enjoyed it.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That was pretty good, thanks for that Tyno! My only complaint is that Marge didn't have a big beehive. :D

han_keep_smilin

Wildcat said:
My only complaint is that Marge didn't have a big beehive. :D

I was thinking that too and lisa has short hair but i was very good! i loved it thanks tyno. its grwat for me and other people in englad as we cant see it:D