Cynthia-target of dislike

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Everywhere I go around the boards, the one thing that everyone agrees on and says is this-"Cynthia is the worst character ever. She's annoying, and ugly, and stupid, and whiny, and so on and so on..". Really, why does everyone dislike her so friggen much?:confused: To be honest, I thought it was kind of cool to see her with Reese(yes I know Reese was doing it for her...well, you guys saw the episode:D ) but that was an interesting concept of what if Reese and Cynthia really got together. Would have made for some great episodes, in my opinion!:D But anyway, she can't be the worst character on MITM. No, the one that SHOULD be the target of dislike is the one character everyone seems to have forgotten until now....Lavernia(Francis' boss in Alaska). Now THERE is someone I can't stand worth crap. I still cringe when I think about her in those episodes. I can't explain it, but she pissed me off everytime she was on screen.:mad:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I agree that Cynthia is annoying and whiny and ugly and mean and rude, but I think she's a likable character in spite of all of that--not because of it. She was an important part in the boys--especially Malcolm's--process of growing up and how can you hate someone who had a brick thrown through their window? :D

allison

I don´t understand either why so many people don´t like her. I think she was even one of my favourite girls on the show. Sure she was nasty and all, but so were most of the girls who appeared on mitm (interesting if you think about the psychology behind that :D ) and I think that Cynthia was kind of funny. Plus she really helped Malcolm in Humilithon for no obvious reason. She just did it because she actually isn´t such a nasty person. She was kind of annoying, but in a funny way. And I liked her better than Jessica. Bye the way I don´t even think she´s ugly. It´s the same thing with Jessica, they MAKE them ugly but with a normal hairstlye and stuff they don´t look so bad..

samboo1

I didnt think she was bad at all...didnt annoy me or anything. Sure she got a little whiny and suttf at times, but it was easy to deal with.:cool:

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Yeah, same with me. Actually, I never disliked Cynthia at all and couldn't understand why people hated her. I would have been glad if she had appeared in more episodes. It's the total opposite with Jessica, I just can't stand this dumb girl... :Devil: