Jane and Frankie on US talk shows this week!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I watched Craig Ferguson too(he's actually pretty funny, but Im still a Conan O' Brien fan!:D ), and I just realized how kick ass Jane is! She is so nice it's unbelieveable, especially when you compare Jane to Lois!:D She always seems to be in a great mood, even when she mentioned MITM's cancellation(and she has a good reason to be glad. now she can spend more time with her kids. great thing, if you ask me). Actually, she wasn't too glad but her daughter seemed to be! Anyway, and did anyone notice what Craig Ferguson said near the end of the interview? If not, he said,"Im so mad to see your show end." Amen to that. But best of luck to Jane in her career. God be with her!:)

ahelm13

Frankie is also on Craig Ferguson tonight and will be on Carson Daly next Tuesday. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing Jame much in the future projects. :(

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
So Frankie will be on tonight's Craig Ferguson? Cool!:D Gonna catch that for sure!
And it's a damn shame if Jane wont be in any future projects. She's a great actress and I think she can play almost any role. Im still suprised she hasn't won an emmy for MITM yet.:mad:

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Thanks for the update ahelm13. Frankie will probaby be promoting Stay Alive on both shows rather than talking about Malcolm, but I'd still like to see them.

Maybe after Jane's kids get a little older she'll return to TV/movies.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I saw Frankie on Craig Ferguson so here’s a recap of what he talked about. He got a longer segment than Jane had. He did talk about Malcolm more than I expected and they even showed a clip from the show (it was an old one from season 5 though.) First, of course, he talked about “Stay Alive” and how he’s glad he had the opportunity to do it so he doesn’t get typecast into one kind of role.
<O:p
He said they wrapped up filming for MITM two weeks ago (so Jane’s interview from the other day must have been taped earlier). Everybody was really upset during the last week of filming, but he didn’t really feel anything. Then it hit him on the last day and he cried “like a little girl” (as Craig put it.) I’ll put a quote of exactly what he said in spoiler tags because it contains a possible spoiler about the last shot:<O:p</O:p
Spoiler for Quote with possible spoiler of the last shot:

“Everybody was really depressed for the whole last week and I kept thinking ‘Wow, I should be sad.’ It didn’t hit me until the last shot, which was my close-up of a scene that we’d been filming for like nine hours. I had to be really angry and I was yelling at my mom and I was trying to yell and I just couldn’t talk…I was so upset.” <O:p
So he’s angry and yelling in the last shot? I guess that’s true MITM style, but not exactly what I had in mind. :cool:

Then he said that everybody came to watch the filming of the last episode (I don’t think they’re actually going to be in the episode though):
“Everybody came—it was so nice. Like everybody from the 7 years—people that had left the show like old actors and stuff—all came for the last day and it was this huge audience. I remember standing there getting ready to say my lines and like looking at everybody and it was so weird that I would never see them again.” <O:p
Then he went on to talk about racing. He just signed a 2 year contract with Jenson Motorsports to be a race car driver. (I was a little surprised to hear that—I didn’t know he wanted to be a race car driver!) He’s going to be racing cars that are like Indy/Formula One cars so he probably won’t be doing much with TV/movies during that time. He talked a little about being engaged and said that he gets really annoyed when people come up to him and tell him that he’s making a mistake (because he’s so young.) They want start having kids in the next couple years, but he’s not sure how that’s going to go since he’s going to be gone a lot for the racing. Apparently he will be traveling all over the world for it. Jamie will be traveling with him though. Then he just talked some more about racing, the dangers involved with it and his love for cars and that was it. <O:p

Tyno

Malcolm-France
Thanks for those summary Wildcat! I translate them on my forum, I hope you don't mind.
Jane seems really nice and her children must be the only ones who are happy about the end of the show! :D
Reading Frankie's quotes, the last week was really sad, I cant't imagine how it was... Oh, and 9 hours to shot a scene?!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
No problem Tyno. I don't mind at all--I'm glad that the french MITM fans will be able to read about the interview. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, according to Frankie, MITM is technically already over.:( I sure am going to miss this show. But I still pray for the best for all of them(frankie,bryan,jane,justin,erik,chris,etc.). Im really thankful for these past seven seasons of MITM. God bless all of them.

Kratos

Thanks guys for posting up what was said, it was kinda intresting, shame they didnt talk more about MITM, but at the end of the day, when a show finishes there isnt much except possible movies or spin offs *is hopeful*

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I finally got around to watching my tape from where Frankie was on Carson Daily Tuesday night. He basically said the same thing that he said on Craig Ferguson--only he didn't talk as much about MITM (he only got a 10 minute segment.) He talked a little about Stay Alive, but mostly he talked about his new racing career. So nothing really new to report, but that's what he talked about in case anyone was wondering. :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Ive just been catching up on some threads and im gewtting really upset........seriously. :(

The only thing that will keep me happy is this forum staying alive forever! and that some day ill meet all the MITM cast :)

Thanks for the write up, everybody.
Spoiler for magic box:

Everyone on the set, that most have been hard to keep things silent.
Part of me really want mitm to go on a bang, but then again i want it to be happy, but from what he said he's shouting so i dont and im all confusseld :S

Reesegurl

Wow, its so weird reading this because it really means that its ending! Like about 2 or 3 years ago, no one knew when it would end and now its happening!
This is the only show I've actually got really into, I will really really miss it!:(
I wonder will there be an E!True Hollywood story on it after a few years? I'd love to see that!

PBUNDY

I'm sure they'll have an E! True Hollywood Story on Malcolm in the Middle in a few years. They have a THS for practically everything else. Malcolm in the Middle's will be interesting to watch.

Last edited:

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
We now just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for more dvd sets to come out. But like everyone here, I will miss the show.
And the finale is only two weeks away....