MITM Advertising..where is it?!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Something I have noticed and wanted to know if you guys noticed it too...why doesn't Fox ever ever advertise MITM episodes anymore?! It's no wonder half of America misses it when they don't advertise it. Well, actually they do, but you wanna know when? Five minutes before the episode aires! I usually say, very sarcastically, "Thanks for the heads up, buttwipes."

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
reese35 said:
Well, at least they did in advance work before Burning Man came on.

What are you talking about? I never saw any previews for the premier of this season back in October.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Honestly, I don't watch TV much so I don't see many previews at all, but I get my news from the local FOX affiliate so I do see some commercials. The only shows they usually advertise are American Idol, 24, and House. Occassionally you'll see one of the new comedies, but I don't really feel like they're singiling out not promoting MITM anymore. In fact, when MITM was on Friday, it had a local commercial devoted to it on Thursday in Green Bay (although not since it moved to Sunday).

Is it underadvertised? Definitely. Do veteran shows usually receive as much advertising as new ones? Not really.

Last year they singled it out; this year, I think it's been pretty fair.

reese35

tony_montana said:
What are you talking about? I never saw any previews for the premier of this season back in October.

You mean September, and yeah, I saw some previews in advance. First time I saw the commercial, it was during "The War at Home".

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I don't watch much TV either so I had to make sure I read the TV guides to make sure it was on. I wish they had shown it on Saturday nights right from the beginning, as all the sports, award shows etc were always on Monday nights.

They could have done a lot more advertising here which would have attracted more viewers but I think the constant cancellation of the show due to sports etc would have been a big contribution to the permanent cancellation.

And during reality season those shows were on the other channels when MITM was on, which was really annoying because the ads were never at the same times & the VCR in my room was hooked up to my PC & couldn't be recorded on so I had to run downstairs to press record meanwhile missing the show upstairs :mad:. It was either that or have 10 minutes of Friends on the tape between MITM episodes. Screw that!